New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickStock View Post
    okey na okey 'to, mga idol !!

magandang brainstorming to. laking tulong sa pag-decide. sige lang, keep the ideas coming !!

regarding the new sedona and everest, if i wait for the new release of the sedona or the facelifted everest, hindi kaya mas mabigat sa bulsa ang prices ng mga 'to ?? And what about maintenance and parts ??

magandang choice din ba ang innova ??

this is the first time i'm buying a brand new vehicle. what are the things that i should remember when negotiating with the sales agent ?? what should i ask for, what should i look for, what should i bargain for, etc. ??

more more more info.........plssss.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a better option for a M/T CRDi Starex is the A/T version...

like what OTEP said, people hauling duties is best, space for 5 is heavenly (with baggages ah) matipid pa...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickStock View Post

this is the first time i'm buying a brand new vehicle. what are the things that i should remember when negotiating with the sales agent ?? what should i ask for, what should i look for, what should i bargain for, etc. ??
    ask for everything, the last time i bought a brand new car, i asked for free tint, free LTO registration, free mattings, free seat covers, free 1i full of tank of gas, and a 20% discount on insurance

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    should i choose a 4wd over a 2wd vehicle ??

what are the pros and cons of choosing one over the other ??

4wd kung gusto mo ng all-rounder. kung di mo naman gagamitin ang 4wd, at mostly city ka, 2wd ka nalang..

otherwise, having a 4wd starex can make you go to most rural provinces, pero kung mga cities lang 2wd ka...di worth ang 4wd..pero for me,ha, mas ok ang 4wd, kahit city ka, e kung mahulog ka sa manhole.canal, atleast makakaalis ka,diba?
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; August 15th, 2006 at 02:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    idol "alwayz_yummy," totoo ba na mas mahal i-maintain ang 4wd vs 2wd ?? pano naman ang fuel consumption ?? pareho lang ba or mas malakas sa fuel ang 4wd ??

ang starex ba na 4wd ay pwede i-shift to 2wd pag nag-highway driving ka na ??

before this, i was 70%-80% decided on getting a starex. pero medyo nagdadalawang-isip ako dahil baka mali lang ako.

so, come on guys !! tell me if i am going in the wrong direction and if i am choosing the wrong vehicle. convince me to get another vehicle/brand if i need to.

i highly appreciate your help, mga idol !!

basically, wala naman pinagkaiba, aside sa weight difference. ang 4wd naman ng starex is part-time, meaning, pwede siyang 2wd, pwdeng 4wd.and most of the time, 2wd ka lang...kaya iisipin mong sayang bakit 4wd pa binili ko....

kung naka 2wd ka, para ka lang nakaregular na starex, pero masmataas ka kaysa sa regular na starex. another advantage on this flood-ridden manila roads.

ang advantage mo comes when: nahulog na canal, open manholes, dirt gravel road, non-concrete provincial roads...may 4wd and 4wd-low gear ka...makakapagtow ka pa ng big stuffs..at dito mo masasabing "buti nalang 4wd!

kaya ako nagkaroon ng delica starwagon 4wd and liteace 4wd....yan ang advantage ng 4wd na ino-overlook ng ordinaryong tao...

and since 4wd nga, pwede na din for light trailing!(plus sa ilalim, magkakatalo yan(masmalaki ang pangilalim ng 4wd compared sa 2wd)

nga pala, sa maintenance, sa basics, pareho lang ang 2wd sa 4wd. pero thats it..since nga masmalalaki at masmatitibay ang pangilalim ng 4wd, masmahal lang un....

pero its your choice....

honestly, i want a brand-new starex club 4wd(full option) pero kulang cash... pang liteace nalang...sa susunod, delica spacegear 4wd...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; August 15th, 2006 at 06:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    a better option for a M/T CRDi Starex is the A/T version...

like what OTEP said, people hauling duties is best, space for 5 is heavenly (with baggages ah) matipid pa...
    kooorrrrreekkk!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 4wd system of the Starex is intended for use only on surfaces where there is sufficient slippage. Otherwise, you will have the 'binding' phenomena.

It is shift on the fly but is not intended for use on paved roads. It also has a low range setting like on truck-based SUV's.

The transfer case will need oil changes. Other than that, there are no additional maintenance items for a 4wd Starex. Fuel consumption is not that far off from the rear driver since you will not be able to use the 4wd system during normal road operation.

I'd pick a Suzuki APV before an Innova if people hauling was my priority. The third row of the Innova is not very adult friendly. Good for short trips. Don't even think about Baguio.

Starex pa din vote ko. Para kang nakasakay sa living room. Pero the choice is still yours to make.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    ...or wait for the next Kia Sedona with 2.5L DOHC CRDi VGT 170hp, out by the end of the year DAW along with the Kia Carrens.
    Even the old Sedona, they go like monsters...

though mausok din sa mataas na RPM (which is accepted)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Better option than the Starex CRDi ??