New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    What about MB Vito? OK ba van na to? puede bang icompare vito to starex? tnx.

iba ang vito...hanap ka nung 4 cap'n seats...2.2L crdi orig. benz engine!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the vito is a good choice. there are some available on the used car market na. afaik, the vito is the very first common-rail engined vehicle released in the philippines and so far, looks like its injection system has aged well considering the problems of its japanese (isuzu/toyota) counterparts. yun nga lang, konti lang talaga may vito dito sa pinas.

re the vito's interior naman, the korean vans like the starex and sedona/carnival have the upper hand.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The CRDI Starex is already a very good choice...

1. Fuel efficient
    2. Fast as Gasolines
    3. Spacious
    4. Fit for your lifestyle
    5. Quality is good for a korean car

can't go wrong with that

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does the 2006 Starex still come with LSD? I couldn't find any mention of it in my manual. Ano ba ang silbi ng LSD sa isang van?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Does the 2006 Starex still come with LSD? I couldn't find any mention of it in my manual. Ano ba ang silbi ng LSD sa isang van?
    Even dito sa '03 wala po. I physically checked kahapon during the servicing.

LSD would have been a very nice feature because the garage where the Starex is parked is inclined and made of 'wash-out' fine pebbles and the only convenient way to enter is by backing in.

Kapag umuulan, zero traction. Ang hirap gumarahe. IF there was an LSD, torque will not go the the wheel with the least traction (path of least resistance, common with all open type diffs). The LSD will limit slip and transfer some torque to the other side of the axle (with presumably more traction).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Even dito sa '03 wala po. I physically checked kahapon during the servicing.
    Thanks, Otep. Sayang at wala nang LSD ang mas bagong mga Starex. Useful din yan dito sa probinsya namin lalo na pag umulan at nagiging maputik ang mga daanan.

Magpakabit na lang kaya ako ng sticker na "LSD" para may LSD din ang Starex ko

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naisip ko na nga din 'yun para 'cool'. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

mostly ata ng may LSD na starex galing sa gray-importers,e....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    salamat mga idol !! i'm learning a lot from you guys ( iba talaga pag medyo aanga-anga pagdating sa sasakyan, kaya sensha na kayo ha, hehehe ).

"keep 'em comin' !!

so, am i made to understand that it's better to get the 2WD Starex than the 4WD kasi bihirang-bihira lang naman magagamit ang 4wd ??

and what can you say between the 2006 models of the Starex, DMax, Everest, Innova, and Hi-Lux ??

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Better option than the Starex CRDi ??