New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Did isuzu dumb down the throttle input of the mux?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    hinde naman. some 5 years ago, I used to compare my 2nd Gen Sta Fe with my friend's SUA Montero. I get to drive his Montero from time to time kasi tamad magmaneho. noon pa lang alam ko na mabigat talaga imaneho ang PPV vs my Santa FE.

pero the MUX handling and acceleration is better naman compared to the SUA Montero.

iba lang talaga ang monocoque crossover diesel, it's so feel like a car to drive. too bad I cant afford the new SF. pero sabi nila pinakamalambot na daw i-drive ang Nissan Terra compared to the others. I havent test driven yet eh.

pero kung ako lang ha, if i really want a preppy diesel SUV, id get the CRDi tucson these days. bad trip lang kasi Tucson walang leathers, saka sobrang under featured

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    so do i with the old gen 2 Santa Fe. kahit malakas na navara 4x4 sport ko pero di maiwanan sa response si Fe. fuel system so far still all original at 130K odo reading with a remapped ecu. sabi ni wifey mas gusto nya si fe.
    yup, that's why I decided to keep mine na for good. mahal na crossover diesel ngaun, SF 2.3M, yun Mazda CX5, 2.4M, tapos yun totl na 4x2 na CRV diesel, ampangit na ng itsura di mukang sporty SUV, tapos 1.8M

at least the 2nd Gen Santa Fe exterior looks can still be considered at par with the crossover design of the times

2007 SF vs current CX5

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Since I have both the more than a decade old 2.2 Hyundai Crdi Sante Fe And the new bluepower, mas responsive pa din ang Santa fe ko. And take note its just using the regular Shell helix diesel oil yun dilaw. Its gor 54k on the odo with no major repairs whatsoever sa engine compartment and still thrifty at 10km/liter compared to the 3.0 bluepower at12km/ liter city.

Pero alam nyo kung ano talaga pinakasolid na diesel na na- drive ko, yun 3.0 Pajero BK diesel namin sa family , grabe ang pagka solid nun sa arsngkada as well as so simple layout engine compartment. Walang gano arte arte, pero yin nga lang avg 7-8 km / liter om city
    If im not mistaken, its a 3.2. I know because our 2009 montero had it. And you’re right, it accelerates like a train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    OT, but it reminds me of the old Nissan Patrol diesels. They are actually one of the best for 4x4 off roading. So noisy but so powerful. The sound is so imposing

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    yup, that's why I decided to keep mine na for good. mahal na crossover diesel ngaun, SF 2.3M, yun Mazda CX5, 2.4M, tapos yun totl na 4x2 na CRV diesel, ampangit na ng itsura di mukang sporty SUV, tapos 1.8M

at least the 2nd Gen Santa Fe exterior looks can still be considered at par with the crossover design of the times

2007 SF vs current CX5

same reasoning with you. mahal na ngayon after the train law. ok pa naman ang gen 2 and with readily available pampapogi in the market. the good thing is that genuine parts nowadays can be ordered direct online from korea and costs cheaper and a saver if bulk orders for consumables like filters. besides, when i talked to my children who are now in their teenage years that i'm selling it and get another model, they said NO! - not now.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the story goes that ISUZU started diesel use for automobiles in 1937. "Automobile Industries Co., Ltd., an Isuzu predecessor, established a diesel research committee in 1934, as part of the operational policies of then President Tomonosuke Kano. Just two years later in 1936, the company manufactured Japan's first air-cooled diesel engine, which marked a breakthrough in the history of diesel engine development."

ISUZU has been developing Diesel engines for more than 80 years now and I would say, their engines are better than any other diesel engine in the market.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jvsencio129 View Post
    the story goes that ISUZU started diesel use for automobiles in 1937. "Automobile Industries Co., Ltd., an Isuzu predecessor, established a diesel research committee in 1934, as part of the operational policies of then President Tomonosuke Kano. Just two years later in 1936, the company manufactured Japan's first air-cooled diesel engine, which marked a breakthrough in the history of diesel engine development."

ISUZU has been developing Diesel engines for more than 80 years now and I would say, their engines are better than any other diesel engine in the market.
    tinanong ko rin ung father-in-law ko about diesel engine kasi mechanical engr. at marami alam sa sasakyan talaga. dko nga maintindihan ung iba. pero sabi nya 2 lang ang pinagpipilian nya pagdating sa diesel engine. Mitsubishi at Isuzu.

mas gusto nya isuzu over mitsubishi. muX ang binili ung 3.0 na bluepower i believe ung luxe un.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by voidfahrenheit View Post
    tinanong ko rin ung father-in-law ko about diesel engine kasi mechanical engr. at marami alam sa sasakyan talaga. dko nga maintindihan ung iba. pero sabi nya 2 lang ang pinagpipilian nya pagdating sa diesel engine. Mitsubishi at Isuzu.

mas gusto nya isuzu over mitsubishi. muX ang binili ung 3.0 na bluepower i believe ung luxe un.
    Wow first post in tsikot! Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Wow first post in tsikot! Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    many old folks like isuzu

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^ Ang ingay lang talaga ng makina eh. Or imagination ko lang?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Better diesel engine, ISUZU or HYUNDAI?