New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,753
    #1
    strada *new vgt engine

    hilux *new face lifted

    ranger existing

    I need an AT, for everyday driving.

    I would pick the top of the line models of which.

    What are your inputs regarding the said units?

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    strada *new vgt engine

    hilux *new face lifted
    Sir, HONESTLY, "new" engine is just a by-word with one of these competing companies, and it's just a marketing ploy.... You may deduce from this excerpt at the other thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    ....Mas di hamak naman sir Retz na old ang Toyota 1KD-FTV engine ng Fortuner 3.0 D-4D at MAS LALO na ang jurassic na Mitsubishi 4D56 engine na sinalpakan lang ng VGT sa Montero Sport GT-V
    ....
    Both the Forty and Monty share the same engines respectively with the Hilux and Strada....

    And by any account, mas bago pa ang Toyota 1KD-FTV engine. It is actually one of the first to set the standards for diesel CRDi engines with VGT/VNT. This is the same engine you see in our current Philippine-issue Fortuner 3.0 D-4D, Hilux 3.0 D-4D and Prado. It came out in 2001 and it was already VGT/VNT equipped way back then.

    The OTHER company is actually JUST CATCHING UP what Toyota has laid out before, and bent on projecting to all of us that it is a new engine, that's why there's just so many variants out there for the same pickup and SUV that the company is selling for the Philippine-market haha! ....However, many are swayed to believe. But it is only here in Philippines, not anymore elsewhere, that it was able to do so successfully

    Don't you wanna wait for the incoming 2.2-litre or 3.2-litre penta-cylinder all-new 2012 Ford Ranger coming this 1st quarter of 2012?




  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    strada *new vgt engine

    hilux *new face lifted

    ranger existing

    I need an AT, for everyday driving.

    I would pick the top of the line models of which.

    What are your inputs regarding the said units?

    Having driven them, I still prefer the Mitsubishi Strada for one major reason, the more comfortable ride. The engine might be jurassic as some people might put it but the 2.5L variable turbo works and works great for the local conditions and fuel type. The styling isn't bad either because I just love the Strada's external styling which make it look muscular.



    The interior of the Strada is a bit less than what you can with the Hilux but it's not that much better/worst than the other. The only reason it might be slightly worst is the acres of black plastic, given the alternative would be faux wood, I would prefer the black plastic any day.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The engine might be jurassic as some people might put it but the 2.5L variable turbo works and works great for the local conditions and fuel type.
    Sir mod, medyo bola naman yan sir.... Di ba kakasabi mo lang nito sa kabilang thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

    2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
    ....The ride is comfy but slightly bouncy at higher speeds (exceeding 100kph) on uneven roads. The new 2.5T engine feels SOMEWHAT SLOW to accelerate but actual acceleration numbers say the opposite, it's faster than the Fortuner. Maybe it's the smoother power delivery from the variable turbo engine....
    Pare-pareho naman tayong nakaka-manejo ng mga Strada or Triton dito sa trabajo ko, maging Montero Sport or Pajero Sport dito din sa trabajo ko, pero naman sir, paminsan-minsan, umamin naman gaya nang pag-amin mo kamakailan lang hehe

    Totoo naman na soft, even anemic, ang Strada power below 2000 rpm. Hahataw lang yan anything above it.... Mas mainam naman 3.0-litre Hilux D-4D kahit saan may hagod from low rpm to mid- to high-rpm lalo na sa mga akyatan.... At hindi bago makina niyan sir, kahit bali-baligtarin natin, 4D56 pa rin yan na sinalpakan lang ng VGT at bago na daw

    Besides, it's only macho for some people ---- it is the only pickup out there trying to look every bit modern that it is too slopey, and slopey in a funny way, it's even egg-shaped.... Pangit din ang overall frontal at peripheral visions when you're driving the Strada or Triton, especially at night time and in crowded places.... Kailangan mong lumapit pa sa manibela to see people suddenly crosswing the road at will because the windshield side panels of this pickup are just slopey, but not any worse like the Innova. Mas maaliwalas ang mga boxy-type pickups like the Hilux, Navara, Ranger, DMax, BT-50 where they provide better frontal and peripheral coverage for the driver....

    Bilib pa naman ako sa iyo sir dahil isa kang magiting na moderator ;)




  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

    Pare-pareho naman tayong nakaka-manejo ng mga Strada or Triton dito sa trabajo ko, maging Montero Sport or Pajero Sport dito din sa trabajo ko, pero naman sir, paminsan-minsan, umamin naman gaya na ng pag-amin mo kamakailan lang hehe

    Totoo naman na anemic ang Strada power below 2000 rpm. Hahataw lang yan anything above it.... Mas mainam naman 3.0-litre Hilux D-4D kahit saan may hagod from low rpm to mid- to high-rpm lalo na sa mga akyatan.... At hindi bago makina niyan sir, kahit bali-baligtarin natin, 4D56 pa rin yan na sinalpakan lang ng VGT at bago na daw

    Besides, it's only macho for some people ---- it is the only pickup out there trying to look every bit modern that it is too slopey, and slopey in a funny way, it's even egg-shaped.... Pangit din ang overall frontal at peripheral visions when you're driving the Strada or Triton, especially at night time and in crowded places.... Kailangan mong lumapit pa sa manibela to see people suddenly crosswing the road at will because the windshield side panels of this pickup are just slopey, but not any worse like the Innova. Mas maaliwalas ang mga boxy-type pickups like the Hilux, Navara, Ranger, DMax, BT-50 where they provide better frontal and peripheral coverage for the driver....

    Bilib pa naman ako sa iyo sir dahil isa kang magiting na moderator ;)
    Like I said in another thread, the over-stiff suspension (which threatens to crack my spine with every pothole I drive over during my test drive) is a deal breaker for me if I was buying the the TOYOTA HILUX.

    And so what if I am a moderator here? Does it change anything with my driving opinion of the HILUX and STRADA I have posted?

    As for the looks, you say it's only macho but looks (or pogi points) does make a difference when it comes to selling the vehicle. IF not, why do we even bother styling cars like the Porsche, BMW, Mitsu EVO, and others? Why do we bother doing aftermarket modifications for looks alone? It is because (whatever you can say) looks does matter.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 21st, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Like I said in another thread, the over-stiff suspension (which threatens to crack my spine with every pothole I drive over during my test drive) is a deal breaker for me if I was buying the the TOYOTA HILUX.

    And so what if I am a moderator here? Does it change anything with my driving opinion of the HILUX and STRADA I have posted?
    At least sir, we now know WHY you're suggesting the Strada ONLY BECAUSE you already have an ATTACHMENT to it as an OWNER (or just a ONE-TIME parachutist opinion maker after 1 ride on both pickups, if i may ask????), but not as one that have used both, including other pickups brands, extensively on-and-offroad on a daily basis, Mondays thru Sundays....

    Also, you're inputs that the Strada's old 4D56 that is actually just improved with a VGT is new is NOT honest at all ---- Now lemme return the same question you asked me: Does it change my opinion about the Strada and the Hilux in the same way as a member here?

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is because (whatever you can say) looks does matter.
    Yeah, i heard yah sir loud-and-clear.... and you just proved my point about you and your idea of good looks ;)

    Kaya nga din pala bago na noh para sa iyo sir haha!




  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    At least sir, we now know WHY you're suggesting the Strada ONLY BECAUSE you already have an ATTACHMENT to it as an OWNER (or just a ONE-TIME parachutist opinion maker after 1 ride on both pickups, if i may ask????), but not as one that have used both, including other pickups brands, extensively on-and-offroad on a daily basis, Mondays thru Sundays....

    Also, you're inputs that the Strada's old 4D56 that is actually just improved with a VGT is new is NOT honest at all ---- Now lemme return the same question you asked me: Does it change my opinion about the Strada and the Hilux in the same way as a member here?

    I am posting my opinions based on my test drive as one of the evaluators for the annual Car of the Year awards.

    To answer your accusation that I am biased because I own one, I do not own a pickup of any sort or model. My answer is my honest UNBIASED answer based on my experience comparatively driving these vehicles. It may not reflect extensive Monday to Sunday driving but even on a short drive, if you know what you want in a vehicle, you can already make useful conclusions for them.

    So what makes your biased opinion a better authority of all pickup trucks?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 21st, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Yeah, i heard yah sir loud-and-clear.... and you just proved my point about you and your idea of good looks ;)

    Kaya nga din pala bago na noh para sa iyo sir haha!
    The concept of "good looks" is as varied as the shapes of clouds in the sky. It is a matter of personal opinion. What looks good to you may look like a pig's ass to another. But in that, it doesn't make one opinion better than the other. It is HOW we handle other peoples opinion that makes us better than one who be-little the opinions of others which do not agree with his own.

    Respect is earned, not given.

    It is obvious you are biased for the another brand of pickup and it shows too all well.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am posting my opinions based on my test drive as one of the evaluators for the annual Car of the Year awards.
    Ah ok, test drive lang pala ng mga SAMPLE models.... i get your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    To answer your accusation that I am biased because I own one, I do not own a pickup of any sort or model. My answer is my honest UNBIASED answer based on my experience comparatively driving these vehicles. It may not reflect extensive Monday to Sunday driving but even on a short drive, if you know what you want in a vehicle, you can already make useful conclusions for them.

    So what makes you the authority of all pickup trucks?
    In the same manner, what makes you say here that the old 4D56 is a new engine even when it's not? And you're opinion is BIASED.... You haven't answered it, by the way ;)

    At puros VGT nalang ang reference mo sa 4D56, bakit ba sir, wala bang VGT ang Toyota 3.0 D-4D, how about mga Ranger 2.5-litre and 3.0-litre TDCi?

    Yeah, respect is earned so you say and it has something do in this discussion haha!!!! ....But some people take false claims just like what you're saying, and HONESTLY you don't like it when one is butting your opinion, but simply there are people who don't take such fallacies.... Since when did RESPECT take precedence over FACTS? You mean you want to be respected when you say that the 4D56 is a new engine even when it's only modified with a VGT?

    It is also obvious that you're BIASED on one brand of pickup as well Mr. Respect ;)

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now