New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Ah ok, test drive lang pala ng mga SAMPLE models.... i get your point.

In the same manner, what makes you say here that the old 4D56 is a new engine even when it's not? And you're opinion is BIASED.... You haven't answered it, by the way ;)

At puros VGT nalang ang reference mo sa 4D56, bakit ba sir, wala bang VGT ang Toyota 3.0 D-4D?

The topic of this thread is what is the best pickup for daily driving. Having the best and latest engine tech does not matter.

I still say, the best pickup (for a budget) right now is the Mitsubishi Strada.

If you want to argue about the issues of old, new engine tech in pickups, you are free to start a new topic or find an existing one. Consider this a warning to keep on topic. Have a nice day.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Moderator's Note:

Post(s) remove because OFF TOPIC.

last warning.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 21st, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    In the same manner, what makes you say here that the old 4D56 is a new engine even when it's not? And you're opinion is BIASED.... You haven't answered it, by the way ;)
    how about you bro? what is your "answer"?

from what i have read from your posts, all you did was point out your problems with the "other" brand... honestly, i want to learn also (hoping to be as informed as you since you seem experienced and knowledgeable)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Just read through all the post broder.... see post No. 2 if you like....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011

Just read through all the post broder.... see post No. 2 if you like....

his choices are the current hilux, strada and ranger... your answer is the new ranger which is not yet available? what if i want to buy now?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My pick is the Mitsubishi Strada.

Because of the mere fact that it's more comfortable, and I wouldn't like to go through the hassle of changing the shocks just to improve the ride comfort like what most Toyota Hilux owners do.

Not considering the Navara?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    darn it!!!! he just got banned... oh well...

anyway, i am also for the strada... i've ridden and driven one and the ride is sweet... especially if you are a passenger...

hilux? last time i've ridden (passenger), i got dizzy... riding in front... haizt...
    current ranger? havent ridden or driven one... but if the ride of the everest is any indication... i wouldnt want to be in the second row... hoping the new ranger will be better...
    dmax? (not one of the choices...) ride one in the second row... it is not funny...
    navara? (not included also) better ride than most pickups, very low clearance though... it will be a toss up between the strada and this...

i value passenger/driver comfort and safety more than anything... i dont know if the TS is also in the same boat as i am... sometimes, it's not always about the engine...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The current Ranger is powerful, has a great transmission and a great LSD. It's a good truck for rough roading, with a long bed and a good payload capacity, but it's not the most comfortable brick to sit on. The rear bench is also pretty bad.

The D-Max, more comfortable, but old-fashioned engine tech and driving dynamics.

The Hilux has improved slightly, but the ride is still jittery and while the 3 liter engine is still good, just four speeds isn't going to cut it against the Ranger, Navara and Strada. The interior is also pretty dated, despite the facelift. Only thing nice I can say about the Hilux besides the good low-rpm push is that the handling is still pretty good.

The Navara has lots of top-end power, but the low-rpm lag is pretty bad. It has the best driving dynamics of the lot (next to the Ranger/BT50) and the ride is pretty good. Aircon is, obviously, excellent, but some owners complain about the compressor clunk. I would have put this on top of the list, but the Strada is almost as good in some ways, better than others, and the one big ace the Navara had over the Strada (power) has been answered by the new engines.

The Strada is the best on-road truck nowadays. The back seat and ride are better than most, while driving dynamics don't suffer much (with the 4x4 model). The transmission is relatively responsive (though I feel the Ranger's AT is more responsive still) and the engine gives you more top-end zing than the Navara while not giving up much bottom-end torque to the Ranger and Hilux. Until the new Ranger comes in (I won't be convinced by the Colorado till I drive it), the Strada is the default choice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^ agree. Mitsubishi Strada 4x4 is the best choice even though we bought a Ford Ranger 4x4. The ranger is really great to drive but the riding comfort is not that good.

We also ended up choosing on those three trucks. We really want the strada but my mom wants to be unique in our area. So, since there are already a bunch of strada in our place, we didn't end up with it. The second one was the hilux, the only problem when we are buying is the availability and because we can't wait, we ended up with the ranger. But the ranger's torque makes me smile. About the comfort, i don't think so.

If I were given the chance to buy again, I'll pick the Strada.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Remind ko lang guys na kung high boost ang isang VGT/VNT the less durable ang engine. If you will be getting a pick up truck for the mere purpose of as a workhorse then i suggest to avail of a mid boost instend. Another factor our TS has to check out is the cost of maintaining one. Try comparing thru our "car talk" thread to check the usual problems of per brand. There is no single brand that is perfect with its products.

If i may ask the TS why getting a pick up truck? It is for mere anti baha or its for hauling pruposes?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now