New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    To all who had their inputs. Thanks!

Its actually for everyday, the patrol have resigned and will take time either to be built oe to be covered by the insurance. So im looking for a truck that would get me better FC than my patrol does which gives me only around 6km/l to 6.5 and that would manuver easily because with the patrol it really gave me a hard time making bwelta and parking.Im looking for an AT specifically. This truck would be used for everyday. I don't have a family yet and I think passengers would normally be 2 to 3. Im looking for a better FC and a truck that's bang for the buck. Im contemplating also actually with 2nd hand units of 3.2L AT strada. Im thinking if the vgt is worth the buy for the strada or not. With the upcoming ranger,im thinking the price difference would be higher by a margin and ofcourse imho I think when your in one,nakakatakot iharabas? I mean parang you know parts are hard to get lalo na new body and it would cost an arm and a leg. Unlike is japanese models it would be easier. Im also looking at 3.0 hilux either 2nd hand or brand new. Between the choices, I have norrowed it to navarra,hilux and strada. I have also feedbacks regarding the navarra with my friends who buy and sells that new models of navarra's are being sold hastily by its owners, they are thinking that "maybe" navarra has problems. With the current ranger,im really scared with the parts for our lynx was really a pain when something happens with its body. It really cost a lot!

As I browsed through the inputs. Please correct me if im wrong

strada - comfort,best interior,
    navarra - hauling,cramped rear
    hilux- low rpm push,*most matagtag

BTW
    Its nice seeing you here still GH, tagal ko na hinde nakapagbrowse.. Thanks for the inputs

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Kaya ni Odell yan. :D

Nawala na tuloy si TS.
    vinj,
    long time sir. wala tayo malaking budget,dapat fuel efficient na pang everyday. hehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Actually I have a contractor friend who's contemplating on getting a pickup. The reason is sometimes when he orders materials, matagal daw minsan dinadala ng hardware sa site like cement, tiles, gallons of paint etc, sayang daw yung araw ng tao. So when he asked for my opinion I just shared what I read here sa forums re engines, ride, truck beds etc. Kaya naitanong niya eh alin sa mga pickup na yun ang kaya ang cement bags, tiles etc tapos minsan ang client pa sa malls or condo so akyat sa parking na steep, tapos pag weekend naman gagamitin ko for my family. So for his requirement ano ang ok. I think for him balansiyado dapat sturdy for hauling, yet civilized when used for the family. I hope this will also help the TS on his decision.
    Get the Hilux, sturdy yet the 2nd row seat is good for family. Maliit na talaga bed ng strada for serious hauling, mas matipid kasi kung one time biyahe. Plus in heavy loads, a 3.0 is better pa rin than a 2.5ltr. Navarra would be 2nd option IMO kasi yung bed malaki din, but the ground clearance would be the deal breaker, puwedeng bane or boon.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    To all who had their inputs. Thanks!

Its actually for everyday, the patrol have resigned and will take time either to be built oe to be covered by the insurance. So im looking for a truck that would get me better FC than my patrol does which gives me only around 6km/l to 6.5 and that would manuver easily because with the patrol it really gave me a hard time making bwelta and parking.Im looking for an AT specifically. This truck would be used for everyday. I don't have a family yet and I think passengers would normally be 2 to 3. Im looking for a better FC and a truck that's bang for the buck. Im contemplating also actually with 2nd hand units of 3.2L AT strada. Im thinking if the vgt is worth the buy for the strada or not. With the upcoming ranger,im thinking the price difference would be higher by a margin and ofcourse imho I think when your in one,nakakatakot iharabas? I mean parang you know parts are hard to get lalo na new body and it would cost an arm and a leg. Unlike is japanese models it would be easier. Im also looking at 3.0 hilux either 2nd hand or brand new. Between the choices, I have norrowed it to navarra,hilux and strada. I have also feedbacks regarding the navarra with my friends who buy and sells that new models of navarra's are being sold hastily by its owners, they are thinking that "maybe" navarra has problems. With the current ranger,im really scared with the parts for our lynx was really a pain when something happens with its body. It really cost a lot!

As I browsed through the inputs. Please correct me if im wrong

strada - comfort,best interior,
    navarra - hauling,cramped rear
    hilux- low rpm push,*most matagtag

BTW
    Its nice seeing you here still GH, tagal ko na hinde nakapagbrowse.. Thanks for the inputs
    Based on my experience, the hilux is not the most matagtag, the ranger is. With the new hilux, at least it has improved a bit. For everyday driving at kung hindi naman high payloads most of the time, then the strada best suits the needs as you mentioned.

A 2nd hand 3.2 Strada and 3.0 Hilux are actually good choices since they are timing chains driven and designed initially as direct injection so mas refined IMO as versus the old 4d56 vgt equipped strada. They have many replacement parts and some are not even heavily used.

ex.
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 AT - 09 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    A 2nd hand hilux is a better choice for me. To be honest, im not that attached with the new look of the hilux, elegant looks on a pick up dont really match up.

A warning though, i tried using my cuz hilux 3.0 AT for 3 days and i was dissappointed with its FC plus the riding comfort. Im currently using a navara 4x2 AT, im getting a better FC compared to the hilux based on the same route and heavy load. Both trucks can carry a ton. To clarify the rear seat of the navaras are not cramped at all, its with the sitting position for the rear seat that has a problem. The back support for the rear passenger is too d*mn straight, very uncomfortable to sit on a long drive. Rear leg and headroom is exellent its just that rear seat.....

HTH

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah ganon pala~ Kung ganon siguro the Hilux 3.0 might be the best for you. The power is nice and reliability is bullet proof. Topgear's Botchi Santos had one and he liked it a lot, having piled way over 100tkms already. Yun nga lang, the gas mileage might not be very good since 3.0 yan with an A/T kahit papano.

Meron pa kayang brand new na Strada 3.2? AFAIK there are still 3.2 Montero's available which are leftover stock. Maybe you can inquire. But if you're using it mainly for work purposes, the Ranger should be the best pick. Bata pa tayo, kaya pa ang tagtag. Or you may consider the D-Max. Definitely not the most powerful on paper but is actually very fast and has a very, very long torque plateau (1400-3400rpm) which makes it very ideal for hauling. At ang tipid pa sa krudo! And then its pretty well spec'd, parts and maintenance are cheap, and its really built to last.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Based on my experience, the hilux is not the most matagtag, the ranger is. With the new hilux, at least it has improved a bit. For everyday driving at kung hindi naman high payloads most of the time, then the strada best suits the needs as you mentioned.

A 2nd hand 3.2 Strada and 3.0 Hilux are actually good choices since they are timing chains driven and designed initially as direct injection so mas refined IMO as versus the old 4d56 vgt equipped strada. They have many replacement parts and some are not even heavily used.

ex.
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 AT - 09 - Cars for sale NCR - AyosDito.ph
    Im sorry for the ignorance so direct injection is better than the 4d56 vgt because of the replacement parts available? How about their reliability and performance wise? Does this mean even the new hilux facelift has an engine of vgt-like than its old engine? Regarding FC, what is better the vgt or direct injection type?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hilux- if your lucky the engine would break down before it kills you
    D4D Engine FAIL

Stability FAIL

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'm satisfied with the Navara's power and efficiency , 2nd is strada GLS-V or GLX-V is a good option.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    vinj,
    long time sir. wala tayo malaking budget,dapat fuel efficient na pang everyday. hehe
    Long time nga. Hope all is well.

My vote goes for either the Strada or Navara kung personal daily driver. If you're waiting for next year then maybe you can also wait out on the new Ford. Test drive will be the best way to decide; everyone has their own personal preferences talaga.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
best pickup in the philippine market now