New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I dont think Wigo is a smart choice for a road trip. I mean, 5 people can surely fit in such city car but have you considered the belongings of you five? It's a 2 week trip so I guess you should make sure the car you choose has enough room for luggage.

I have never taken a road trip in my life, what a shame lol. But I hope this can be some help: [MODERATOR SNIP]
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 22nd, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Thank you all for your helpful advice! I also think that it's the companionship that makes a successful trip ^^ We are just looking for experiences to be more well-prepared and avoid unnecessary troubles ;) Every road trip has its story... I would be greatly appreciate it and would very love to hear if you don't mind sharing your own stories :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Will you be borrowing/renting/buying a car for this roadtrip? Or will you be choosing from a pool of cars you and your friends own?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
    That's also what we are considering! I think it'd be best if we dont have to spend money renting a car. But if the Wigo is not sufficient for the trip, then we have no choice but renting one. Currently we only have a Wigo of my friend's.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a wigo.
    in my opinion, it is a city car, for shorter trips. whenever i drive it in the slex to laguna or cavite, i feel tired afterward. it may be the combination of the sensitivity of the manibela, the tagtag factor, and the overtaking wind factor.
    also, the seats are nothing to brag about.

lima kayo? get an auv or suv. mas malaki ang siko space, and you can get at your supplies out back, without having to stop and get out of the car.
    Thank you! Can you suggest with a particular model for renting? I think we would have to rent one.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    wigo for 5 skinny girls pwede. baggage space is very limited though

vios has plent of trunk volume...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Lol 3 skinny girls and 2 not-skinny-at-all guys. I guess I can exclude the Wigo option now lol.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A minivan or MPV would be a good option for a road trip for a group of five people. A compact sedan will be fine for 4 people. It's good for people to have decent legroom on long drives.

My wife and I together with our daughter once drove 1000+ miles from Chicago to New York then to Maryland on a Kia Forte compact. On a different trip with our in-laws (5 adults and a child), we used a Dodge Caravan on an 800-mile trip from Chicago to Pinehurst.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesManwood View Post
    I dont think Wigo is a smart choice for a road trip. I mean, 5 people can surely fit in such city car but have you considered the belongings of you five? It's a 2 week trip so I guess you should make sure the car you choose has enough room for luggage.

I have never taken a road trip in my life, what a shame lol. But I hope this can be some help: MODERATOR SNIP
    Lol sorry but I see no point in reading such lame article.
    I can hardly find any useful tips but some general advice and everyone-already-knows kind of information.

My advice for the road trip: make sure you guys have necessary emergency numbers saved in your phone.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 22nd, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    Lol 3 skinny girls and 2 not-skinny-at-all guys. I guess I can exclude the Wigo option now lol.
    Opt for atleast a sedan, if budget permits

Mas makakalikot likot kayo sa loob ng konti for the fun moments like sing a longs. Since majority ng luggage nyo is nasa trunk na.

Sa mga car rental, I think may 1k-1.5k pesos per day rate for sedan, pag self-driven. Minimum of 3 days na rental para ma avail.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Wigo is too small, especially if you include luggages for two weeks.

Don't forget to bring paper map and also download offline map of your whole trip. Google Map or HERE We Go apps

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Don't forget to bring paper map and also download offline map of your whole trip. Google Map or HERE
    ^ +100 to this one.

And if it may help, you can download offline maps for Google Maps, isnapshot nya yung area na gusto mong idownload offline.

Mabuti nang safe, kasi hindi naman laging maganda reception natin sa pinas, don't forget to charge your powerbanks too. Or if may usb port naman sa car, or if may car charger kayo, the better.

Always keep the doors locked.
    And also, para sa designated driver, dapat enough sleep nya, if inaantok sya, kung meron naman kaya mag substitute sa driver mas maganda, or if wala tapos inaantok talaga, stop over muna kayo for power naps. Mahirap kalaban ang antok.

Have a safe trip and enjoy.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I forgot suggesting the [MODERATOR SNIP] Avanza[/URL]. I think it's a perfect companion for a road trip of more than 3 people. It might cost around 1.7-1.9k/day for 2 week rental.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 22nd, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I forgot suggesting the [MODERATOR SNIP] Avanza[/URL]. I think it's a perfect companion for a road trip of more than 3 people. It might cost around 1.7-1.9k/day for 2 week rental.

Moderator's Warning

Do you really need to post the link of a car buying site in suggesting an Avanza. Almost all your posts are practically an advertisement for the site you are promoting.

Next offense will be a PERMANENT BAN.

8) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

Strike two ka na.

18 posts ka pa lang.

Good luck sayo.

BTT:

Ok na yan Wigo. Enjoy on your trip, but be aware of the dangers too.

Post pictures if you can ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast