New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by misty1209 View Post
    I just got my 2008 honda city 1.5cvt and was wondering what is/are the advantage/s of driving in 7-speed auto shift mode over regular CVT? And vice versa?
    It gives you more control, and it feels faster... but for most situations, the "regular" CVT mode is more fuel efficient and quicker.

The seven-speed mode helps speed up response in overtaking situations, that's all. Most of my cousins/friends with the CVT play with it for the first few weeks then get bored of it and leave it alone...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It gives you more control, and it feels faster... but for most situations, the "regular" CVT mode is more fuel efficient and quicker.

The seven-speed mode helps speed up response in overtaking situations, that's all. Most of my cousins/friends with the CVT play with it for the first few weeks then get bored of it and leave it alone...
    Thanks niky!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Basically that's it.... But, the interest in what gear you're in will tend to fade away when you're used to driving AT.

If you want, you can buy a Honda Jazz/City CVT. Then, push on the button for Manual without pushing the ^ or V button on the steering wheel.

There, in your dashboard, there's a display on what 'gear' you're in. Cool!

4505:vader:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    *suv, huwag mo na problemahin yun shifting ng A/T, kaya nga A/T it will do the shifting for you... it was precisely design para siya ang gumawa kung kailan dapat mag shift or downshift etc..kung gusto mo pa rin problemahin yun shifting then mag manual tranny ka na lang...

kung gusto mo pa rin talagang malaman then spend more time driving your A/T car...
    Ok Thanks sa mga reply.....Kasi dun sa lancer eh pag apak sa D, isang beses lang papalo yung RPM so 2nd gear na yun....tapos hindi na pumalo ulit pero 60-80kph na ako....Nagshort cut na agad?

Pero ok lang ba ito gawin na hindi masisira......D1 tapos D2 tapos D3 tapos D?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    M/T for me. Do you want to drive?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ganito na lang.......

Kung apak ko sa gas all the way eh mga 1500-2000 rpm eh eventually aabot din sa 4th gear yun?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Ok Thanks sa mga reply.....Kasi dun sa lancer eh pag apak sa D, isang beses lang papalo yung RPM so 2nd gear na yun....tapos hindi na pumalo ulit pero 60-80kph na ako....Nagshort cut na agad?

Bro.,- I would not recommend this as the car's shifting pattern changes from one D to another.... Not really destructive though...

Let the car's 'computer' do the shifting thing for you. ....i.e., leave it at 'D'.... Just my opinion....

4505:vader;

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ganito na lang.......

Kung apak ko sa gas all the way eh mga 1500-2000 rpm eh eventually aabot din sa 4th gear yun?

Yes it should.

You will see and feel the shifting of the gears as the RPM dips a little when accelerating and there is that shift shock/jerk (for regular A/Ts,- not CVT). I surmise that this is what you were describing earlier....

4505:vader:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Huwag mong gagawin yan!

If your A/T is 5 speed, D means it can shift up to 5th gear, D1 up to 4th only, D2 up to 3rd only, and D3 up to 2nd only. D2 or D3 is used only for steep incline or decline.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tanong sa akin ng tropa ko na may 2.0 Mazda3 R (with modified exhaust/filter):

pede daw ba i (drag)launch and AT with tiptronic this way?

1. nasa N ka while reving.
    2. then at around 3-4krpm or less biglang slide mo to D then to Manual mode for the + and -.

ala drop/slip clutch sa MT kumbaga. di ko rin kasi sure pero alam ko while moving di pedeng magshift sa N.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag moving at automatic.. pwede pong mag shift sa N.. papasok yun..