New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks guys! ang dami kong natutunan dito. Interestingly, andami na palang threads with all the in-depth personal experiences. I want to thank you though for the insights. parang gusto kong subukan mg A/t tuloy. hehe.

its a must na dapat alam mo pano din mag-drive ng a/t.. pero kung coming from a manual, mas madali ang cvt/at..di mo naman makakalimutang mag-M/T kahit matagal ka nang nag-aA/T. lalo na kung emergency situation kung anung avail na sasakyan ready mo i-drive.

i know kasi i have both diba(city->liteace 4-a/t, outof town->maxima na 5-m/t)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can still drive both.

Kung trafik AT pa rin. I tried driving an MT around Metro Manila and I always get sick at the end of the day. Maintenance-wise gastos ko pa lang sa AT ay change ATF and strainer (around 1000 parts + DIY labor). I plan to change my ATF at least every year since di naman ganun ka-mahal.

Pero nothing beats a manual on the smooth hiways and mountain passes (with the occasional jaywalking carabao) of Northern Mindanao
    Last edited by JohnM; February 26th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

yan lang naman talaga maintenance ng a/t->ATF change...kahit ung sa pan lan lan(2-3liters lang yon.)+linis filter ok na yan..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I suppose you can stick with either M/T or A/T and become a pro in either one. It's transitioning between the two that might pose a minor problem.

Me for example...... I have no problems transitioning from A/T to M/T. The higher rpm noise often alerts me it's time to press the clutch and shift.

But, going from M/T to A/T...... I have a tendency to look for a clutch. Guess which pedal comes closest to a clutch in an A/T. It takes a few hours of alert driving before I adjust completely. Most of the time, I'm fine. But, when I'm distracted (like with a nagging wife), it's scary when I do mistake the brake pedal for a clutch. Thank goodness for seatbelts.

ang downside lang ng jazz/city cvt is from 7-speed manual mode, di ka pwede bumalik to 7-speed auto w/o disabling the 7speed-mode(CVT-mode) 1st then push mo ulit para 7-speed auto mode (w/o pressing the +/-).... 1.5vtec performers yan,e....

nakakalito ang paddles ng civic FD-2.0s-l...left-(-) right-(+) panu kung sa turns? unlike sa jazz/city, sa sterring ung +/- and in both sides pa...kahit likuan makaka up/down shift ka...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I suppose you can stick with either M/T or A/T and become a pro in either one. It's transitioning between the two that might pose a minor problem.

Me for example...... I have no problems transitioning from A/T to M/T. The higher rpm noise often alerts me it's time to press the clutch and shift.

But, going from M/T to A/T...... I have a tendency to look for a clutch. Guess which pedal comes closest to a clutch in an A/T. It takes a few hours of alert driving before I adjust completely. Most of the time, I'm fine. But, when I'm distracted (like with a nagging wife), it's scary when I do mistake the brake pedal for a clutch. Thank goodness for seatbelts.

Hehe. This happened to me once! Sa ibang country pa! Buti walang katao tao!

Since then, I've taught myself to just use my right foot with an auto tranny and just put my left foot in the foot rest, para malayo.

dapat i merge na to sa kabilang thread ni "pyeh"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I don't like M/T because its very tiring to drive one. Not to mention I need my hand free for more useful tasks (like drinking beverage, eating candy or whatever, tissue, fondling my girl, etc.).

I'd consider an M/T only if it were a sports car or somesuch.