New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 102 of 158 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Must be a crappy AT then. Most new AT's shift faster than the average person.

Ang dami kayang driver more than 1 second magshift ng MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they say on paper. My real-world experience says otherwise, and I've driven A/T vehicles less than two years old. Even the manual mode is useless since the electronic nanny still intervenes. Been there, done that, not impressed.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 30th, 2014 at 12:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Not on paper. All AT's I've driven except our old 2.0 Altis had transmissions that shifted down as soon as you prodded the throttle hard enough.

Still not as engaging as an MT, but when you're crawling in EDSA traffic, do you need engaging?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Noob question lang. Bakit mas matipid ang MT kesa sa AT?

Halimbawa normal driving lang, both Diesel engine. Pansin ko sa AT namin halos hindi umaabot ng 2.5k RPM while sa MT, madalas umaabot pa siya sa 3k RPM. Are there any technical explanations kung bakit mas matipid pa rin ang MT? Thanks guys.
    Sir andrewnathaniel,

Matipid talaga ang MT, kasi maliban sa mechanical type ang transmission, nasa "Driver" ang control ng sasakyan, kung paano patatakbuhin yung sasakyan, kung normal, severe, at extreme driving.

Sa AT naman, Hydraulic type transmission (yung iba is CVT/Dual Clutch Transmission) , so computer based naman at inter-related sa Engine ECU, kahit anong application ng driving, still the computers will control the fuel flow, and the appropriate gear na suitable in driving condition, kaya merong delay.

Bakit ba umaabot sa 3K RPM pag MT?!

Commonly nangyayari sa mga Driver transition na galing gasoline fed engine to diesel engine vehicle.
    If a certain driver na diesel experienced at conventional diesel ang dala (non CRDi),
    kung merong idea sa automotive technically when , from full stop, kung acceleration, standard ang 1st gear * 3K RPM.
    Literal na driver, start naman * 2nd gear, ang main reason naman nila is kaya naman ng makina at ayaw nila mabitin when it comes to acceleration.

kaya kung sa saving for a long period? fuel or transmission?

When it comes to CRDi lalo na kung VGT/VNT or other na tawag ng turbo ng certain car manufacturer.

kaya ba tumakbo ng 2nd gear start?! Yes! kaya ng engine, pero yung wear and tear ng clutch? madaling masira.
    kung sa AT, kahit naka V, ramdam pa rin yung turbo lag? at delay during acceleration?, it's a "safety feature" para merong enough response time if in case na accidentally instead of brake pedal ang matapakan at accelerator pedal in a confined area lalo kung maraming tao/property na pwedeng mahagip. 3 seconds delay is reasonable at safe enough for presence of mind pag dating sa awareness, shift from D to N, step on the brake pedal and pull the handbrake.

Kung sa MT, lalo kung naka VGT, seriously, unting pagkakamali ng timing sa pag bitaw ng clutch? damage will be very inevitable lalo pag confined area, sa traffic, community area, at even sa grahe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kelan pa naging safety feature ang lag ng response ng kotse.

Buti nalang hindi ganyan mag-isip mga car manufacturer. Baka yung sunod na Volvo 10 seconds na bago magkaron ng response.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kelan pa naging safety feature ang lag ng response ng kotse.

Buti nalang hindi ganyan mag-isip mga car manufacturer. Baka yung sunod na Volvo 10 seconds na bago magkaron ng response.
    Sir jut703,

kaya ko lang po nabanggit yung "safety features" pag dating sa confined area, at least, maging "aware" for "i***t" driver/user..

lahat po ng safety features/proof, na develop na po ng mga car manufacturer, pero yung "i***t" proof. wala pa po....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Not on paper. All AT's I've driven except our old 2.0 Altis had transmissions that shifted down as soon as you prodded the throttle hard enough.

Still not as engaging as an MT, but when you're crawling in EDSA traffic, do you need engaging?

I don't know about most drivers out there, but it's my RIGHT foot that actually does most of the work alternating between gas and brake pedals, whether driving an M/T or A/T; that's why traffic has never been an excuse for me to go slushbox. The left foot has that one job of just actuating the clutch.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 31st, 2014 at 01:35 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I don't know about most drivers out there, but it's my RIGHT foot that actually does most of the work alternating between gas and brake pedals, whether driving an M/T or A/T; that's why traffic has never been an excuse for me to go slushbox. The left foot has that one job of just actuating the clutch.
    In stop and go traffic, you're usually stuck in first gear and you'd have to modulate the clutch to keep from stalling, and also to get the car to move a few inches. This is what's tiring for people especially if your route is Makati-QC or BGC-Antipolo.

You can't just use the brake and gas in this situation - without stepping on the clutch your car will be jerky when you accelerate and will stall when you brake to a halt or to a very low speed. I haven't driven an MT that doesn't need clutch modulation at crawling speed.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In stop and go traffic, you're usually stuck in first gear and you'd have to modulate the clutch to keep from stalling, and also to get the car to move a few inches. This is what's tiring for people especially if your route is Makati-QC or BGC-Antipolo.

You can't just use the brake and gas in this situation - without stepping on the clutch your car will be jerky when you accelerate and will stall when you brake to a halt or to a very low speed. I haven't driven an MT that doesn't need clutch modulation at crawling speed.

Yes, and it just boils down to the individual driver. I travel from Antipolo to QC and back on a daily basis; half an hour of heavy traffic out of 1.5 hours of travel is no big deal. I remember months ago having to endure heavy weekend traffic from MOA to Antipolo, and it was my right foot that was so sore having to work the pedals.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if your pedals (especially the clutch!) and steering wheel are light, your seating ergonomics agree with your body, and your aircon works fine, you won't think too much of shifting to AT.
    first thing i look for when i am considering an MT car, is the clutch pedal.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If I drive around the metro, Ill choose AT, I guess this will just boil down on how comfortable a driver wanna be in a 3 hour traffic....