New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    150k na bro. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Wow. I thought my all time high of 40Tkm in 1 year was a lot.

Talo tayong lahat ni niky, bago lagi kotse.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Like with the Vios, the facelift managed to spruce up the car just enough for it to feel competitive, but just a year or two later, it's feeling really old.

There's no disguising the age of the chassis underneath... especially compared to such swell driving crossovers as the CX-5 and the new Sportage.

-

On a more interesting note:

The new brands aren't quite there yet with the big boys... but I'm reminded of Hyundai's previous Tucson with the two cars I'm driving now.

Yes. They're getting closer. Don't have the dealership and service networks to challenge the Japanese giants yet, but the products are no longer kit-car wannabes. They're fully mainstream cars in everything but badge.
    I saw this in the flesh in v-mall during the weekend. I know MG is an old brand however the exterior design does invoke in my mind of a slightly dated korean design however that might just be me.

Also another thing pops in my mind..Lucas electrics? Hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hope the new rav4 further improves from the current gen...
    Season Highlights: Toyota Rally RAV4 Featuring Ryan Millen | RAV4 | Toyota - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Like with the Vios, the facelift managed to spruce up the car just enough for it to feel competitive, but just a year or two later, it's feeling really old.

There's no disguising the age of the chassis underneath... especially compared to such swell driving crossovers as the CX-5 and the new Sportage.

-

On a more interesting note:

The new brands aren't quite there yet with the big boys... but I'm reminded of Hyundai's previous Tucson with the two cars I'm driving now.

Yes. They're getting closer. Don't have the dealership and service networks to challenge the Japanese giants yet, but the products are no longer kit-car wannabes. They're fully mainstream cars in everything but badge.
    Chinese owned na pala MG ngayon. Kaya din pala mukhang Chinese inspired na rin ang design. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    I saw this in the flesh in v-mall during the weekend. I know MG is an old brand however the exterior design does invoke in my mind of a slightly dated korean design however that might just be me.

Also another thing pops in my mind..Lucas electrics? Hehe
    Hahaha... no Lucas here. Modern naman.

Yeah, the look, feel and driving dynamics remind me a lot of the previous generation Sorento... a sort of bantam-sized (Between Santa Fe and Tucson) crossover with sporty driving dynamics and a punchy engine. Like the old Sorento, lots of hard, scratchy plastics, but the interior design itself is rather nice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Wow. I thought my all time high of 40Tkm in 1 year was a lot.

Talo tayong lahat ni niky, bago lagi kotse.
    Takti. If only they were actually mine! Hahaha!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Takti. If only they were actually mine! Hahaha!
    But ownership is somewhat overrated for me. You pay for financing, depreciation, fuel, maintenance, insurance, and miscellaneous costs (cleaning, garage, etc). Even if the car is only with you for a week or a few days, you get to enjoy it without the hole in your pocket. Multiply that by all the cars you review within a year and that amounts to a pretty long and free (and always new) car experience. A much better deal, I think.

I miss having a company car. I used to enjoy the same new car privileges without the costs.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    But ownership is somewhat overrated for me. You pay for financing, depreciation, fuel, maintenance, insurance, and miscellaneous costs (cleaning, garage, etc). Even if the car is only with you for a week or a few days, you get to enjoy it without the hole in your pocket. Multiply that by all the cars you review within a year and that amounts to a pretty long and free (and always new) car experience. A much better deal, I think.

I miss having a company car. I used to enjoy the same new car privileges without the costs.
    Its probably the emotional aspect of it. Something's lacking when you dont own it. Pinahiram lang sayo. Nakikigamit lang. Hindi mo naman binili. Anytime pwede kunin. Its a benefit of the post, not the person or something similar.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I had an offer early this year from another company where I'd get a company car that was to be replaced every 2 years or 30,000 km. I said no as I prefer having a car that I could call mine, something under my name.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I had an offer early this year from another company where I'd get a company car that was to be replaced every 2 years or 30,000 km. I said no as I prefer having a car that I could call mine, something under my name.

Wise move. Always choose to monetize the car subsidy and buy your own car.

-----------------------
    ➰Shine the light➰
    -----------------------

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast