New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ^
    Shows the effect of past years of neglect under Yulon. They just haven't sold cars that appeal to the local market. Most people here don't even know Nissan is the 2nd biggest Japanese car company after Toyota. After Nissan-Renault's takeover of Mitsubishi, combined they are the 3rd biggest global auto group after Toyota and Volkswagen group.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Surabu xv wala pa din? Planning to buy pero may lalabas daw 2018 new model. Current model or hintayin na lang muna?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcunom View Post
    Surabu xv wala pa din? Planning to buy pero may lalabas daw 2018 new model. Current model or hintayin na lang muna?

2019 nila yan lalabas if thats the case, 2018 will be introduced sa motorshow, not the showrooms

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Every ilang years po ba naglalabas ng bagong model ang subaru xV?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    SUV / crossover life cycle is about 5-6 years ... compared to sedans at 4-5 years ... except for premium brands like BMW, Mercedes, etc. which have longer cycle of 7-8 years ... but lately the cycles are getting shorter because of stiff competition ...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    SUV / crossover life cycle is about 5-6 years ... compared to sedans at 4-5 years ... except for premium brands like BMW, Mercedes, etc. which have longer cycle of 7-8 years ... but lately the cycles are getting shorter because of stiff competition ...
    in 2 years, we might be getting a new SUV again, maybe a montero or a fortuner, basta with bigger tires this time, road imperfections here in paranaque are getting worse....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    *pjcunom
    I'd also consider the Forester premium 2.0. Priced just a little higher than the NP300 4x4 VL. I'd get the pickup if I needed the open bed and drove in more open provincial roads. In the city crossovers like the Forester are much easier to use. Compared to the Forester the XV has a lot less boot space and legroom.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    *pjcunom
    I'd also consider the Forester premium 2.0. Priced just a little higher than the NP300 4x4 VL. I'd get the pickup if I needed the open bed and drove in more open provincial roads. In the city crossovers like the Forester are much easier to use. Compared to the Forester the XV has a lot less boot space and legroom.
    Thanks.. probably I'll get the pick-up. Your right I'll be using it mostly in Province only. Also I have problem in mind my wife's parents house is in steep mountain foot probably we will experience difficulty maneuvering a pick up truck in that place. Here are some pro and cons I think about.

Navara np300 4x4 VL a/t :
    Pro:
    1.cargo bed, can carry lots of stuff during family outing.
    2. Good ride in poor road condition
    3. Cheaper maintenance
    4. Parts availability.
    5. More safe during floods
    6. More powerful engine
    7. Faster acceleration than XV?
    8. Offroad capability
    9. Fuel cost and consumption.
    Cons:
    1. Rear seats cant be adjusted.
    2. Difficulty maneuverability in tight roads
    3. Will be hard for female driver?
    4. Bare features for 1.5m price

Subaru XV 2.0 premium
    Pro:
    1. Maneuverability in tight roads
    2. Easy for female driver (5'6 height)
    3. Good in cornering
    4. More premium feeling * 1.5m
    Cons:
    1. Parts availability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Less cargo space
    4. Cant be use for family outing.
    5. Offroad capability.
    6. Fuel cost and consumption

This is base on my opinion please feel free to add more so I will be enlighten.
    I like subaru XV but I dont know if CVT acceleration is good and less pro on it. Battle of the New 2017/18 Crossovers

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thanks.. probably I'll get the pick-up. Your right I'll be using it mostly in Province only. Also I have problem in mind my wife's parents house is in steep mountain foot probably we will experience difficulty maneuvering a pick up truck in that place. Here are some pro and cons I think about.

Pro:
    3. Cheaper maintenance
    4. Parts availability.
    6. More powerful engine
    8. Offroad capability
    Cons:

Subaru XV 2.0 premium
    Pro:
    3. Good in cornering
    Cons:
    1. Parts availability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Less cargo space
    5. Offroad capability.

I like subaru XV but I dont know if CVT acceleration is good and less pro on it. Battle of the New 2017/18 Crossovers

acceleration? almost the same....coz of the power to weight ratio

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Pro:
    3. Cheaper maintenance
    4. Parts availability.
    6. More powerful engine
    8. Offroad capability
    Cons:

Subaru XV 2.0 premium
    Pro:
    3. Good in cornering
    Cons:
    1. Parts availability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Less cargo space
    5. Offroad capability.

I had a pickup (Ranger) which I used in the province a lot. It was good in the province but when I brought it back to Manila it was a hassle to drive. Large turning radius thanks to a cargo bed that I rarely used anyway.

In terms of difficulty driving, one of my friends was given a Navara by her brother. She hates every bit of it because it's so hard to park.

Ride quality is also awful. Even the Navara, which is the most comfortable pickup in the market, won't stand a chance against the XV or any CUV for that matter. Yes, ride quality on awful roads is relatively better because you hardly feel the severe potholes, but when you get to flat paved ground, every small road imperfection is felt in the cabin, whereas a CUV would just absorb it.

Flood fording - how frequently will you go through deep floods anyway? Even a small CUV like the XV can handle the usual gutter deep floods, and anything higher I would usually advise to just reroute unless it's an emergency.

Power is roughly the same. While the Navara has much more low-end torque that buries you in your seat, the end effect is that the XV will still get to 100 kph at roughly the same time (11-ish seconds) since the latter has much more top-end power because it's gas fed.

My suggestion? Forester 2.0i Premium. Has all the goodies of the XV, plus much more space, and better looks IMO.

I would only get a pickup if I would use the bed regularly. Otherwise, I'd get a PPV if I wanted to maximize the pickup's ruggedness. The Everest Trend and MUX 3.0 fits your budget. Though of course neither of the two are as comfortable as the Forester. And the MUX feels very cheap inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast