New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    ang maganda sa avanza, ganito, pag 4 lang kayo, fold mo second row, ayan haba ng legroom!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Good choice. So what if it's gonna be used for taxi, only an issue for insecure people...
    I agree with Psylocke's comment! I wonder why people make a big issue out of it na e.g. di ok ang Vios cuz ginagawang taxi.

Cuz kung ganun tayo magisip, I guess di ok Camry cuz taxi yun sa Taiwan (police car na ren), or E-class at Volvo V70 cuz taxi naman sya sa Germany, or Sonata cuz taxi sya sa Korea.

Besides, kung nanakawin auto mo, mangyayari at mangyayari yun.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Avanza feels like an Mitsu Adventure, very cramped inside! It feels like Vios that has been extended upwards. Its ground clearance is not noticeably higher (an impt criteria when considering the serious floods we have), especially when compared to the Innova.

I do wish they put that nicer four spoke steering wheel on the Innova J.

I just noticed it now, no head unit even on the top of the line 1.5 series automatic tranny version. Maybe Toyota's still deciding what kind of HU to put in there.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Good choice. So what if it's gonna be used for taxi, only an issue for insecure people...
    Im also a vios owner I dont mind it being a Taxi, regarding naman na paboritong e carnap well cguro mas may dahilan ang mga expensive cars owners na matakot ma carnap o carjacking..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I guess it really depends on where you live and how careful you are (no super-late trips... no driving to out-of-the-way ATMs or on remote overpasses/underpasses)... I still don't know anyone who's been carnapped.

RE: Taxi issue. Probably a non-issue. It's actually easier to sell a car that can be converted into a taxi (puwede na ba ulit magka-bagong line sa secondhand?)... but I don't see the taxi issue affecting Corolla or Vios resale values.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    We really dont mind the taxi issue. My view is if it can survive the rigors of taxi use then it must be strong and reliable. Taxi are used 24 hours a day and rack up more kms in a year than our cars do in its lifetime. Plus if it will become a popular taxi unit then it will have lots of parts outside the stealership.

As for theft, she does not do super-late trips... no driving to out-of-the-way ATMs or on remote overpasses/underpasses. She also has a driver and I will install an alarm with starter kill. There is also comprehensive insurance. If it will be stolen then the bank will still be paid.

It is smaller and lower compared to an innova. But I did not want to risk getting a D4D. We did not want to get a gas innova bec of the high fuel prices.

We just have to decide on which version to get. 1.3 MT, 1.5MT or 1.5 AT. Cant decide cause we dont know how much it is. I want the 1.3 for fuel efficency since it will be a city car. She wants the 1.5AT so she can also drive if needed. What do you think is the better choice?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    regarding naman na paboritong e carnap well cguro mas may dahilan ang mga expensive cars owners na matakot ma carnap o carjacking..
    Japanese premium cars nakawin talaga. But so are more common mom and pop vehicles (due to easy disposal). Mga Europeans lang halos ang hindi masyadong ninanakaw.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    toyota avanza is nice, sana magkaroon ng diesel variant... kahit 1.5L crdi turbo engine naka-kabit like the ones used by hyundai matrix and accent...

sweet...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    toyota avanza is nice, sana magkaroon ng diesel variant... kahit 1.5L crdi turbo engine naka-kabit like the ones used by hyundai matrix and accent...

sweet...
    Nice. Wait a baka D4D ang ikabit

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Avanza 1.5 G to be precise,Why? it seats 7 people at Rear wheel drive.....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
avanza vs vios