New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    torque vs hp?

isipin mo nalang na ang torque ay kalabaw, at ang hp ay kabayo.

mabagal ang kalabaw pero napakalakas nito sa hilahan kahit na mabigat ang hinihila.

ang kabayo naman, mabilis, pero hindi kasing tibay ng kalabaw sa bigat.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Foldable ba yung third row seat ng Avianza, if not di ba medyo masikip na ang space for groceries sa likod?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but all of you are forgetting that those cars that you mentioned are all diesel engines ....
    Yup, that's why I mentioned the two compact sedans (with gas engines) in the mix.

Btw, a Suzuki Vitara 1.6 4wd wagon makes 95bhp and carries more weight than the Avanza, too. The Nissan Vanette was also rated at 90bhp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    even if the avanza may have shorter gearing, they might have made it's overdrive lower to compensate for highway speeds. just like suzuki super carry (ies?), w/ 44 hp it has a payload of 700kg + it's 730kg kerb weight, very low ang 1st and 2nd gear but relatively high and 3rd to 5th. anyway, you can see the avanza on september 22 to 28 at the 2nd toyota motor show sa le pavillion. and if you're not in a rush, wait till some members here buy one and ask their report on it's performance and consumption.
    Last edited by C24; September 18th, 2006 at 01:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have to make a decision this weekend. Kakahiya na sa parents ko and in-laws, 3 weeks na kong nanghihiram ng auto. Take advantage na ko sa 2nd world of toyota promo ng 20k trade in certificate at kung ano pang manegotiate.

BTW, when you said "you can see" does it mean na unveiling only and not for sale?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Apparently, the first batch has been pre-sold.

Why not the Suzuki APV? There's a bare version under 600k. Consumption under full-load is supposedly just so-so, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Apparently, the first batch has been pre-sold.

Why not the Suzuki APV? There's a bare version under 600k. Consumption under full-load is supposedly just so-so, though.
    Pre-sold na? Where did you get the info? I bet mga taxi companies ang umubos.

I know APV mga 7km/l city driving. I want something more frugal.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think AG4 or someone else mentioned it in another thread, and, yup, mga taxi companies nga...

Diesel nga lang talaga ang medyo good choice for fuel efficient seven seaters... but the next cheapest decent seven seater in diesel trim is around 800k or so (Innova) or 700k or so (Adventure/ Crosswind). To recoup their difference over the gasoline Suzuki, you'd have to do about 50,000 - 100,000 kms of city driving (at 9 km/l city vs 7 km/l for the Suzuki in heavy traffic... the diesels only do 10 km/l-12 km/l in light traffic conditions) to make up the price difference. That's about five years or more of driving to recoup the diesel investment...

Of course, if you install an LPG system on the Suzuki, the difference will be negligible... at about 22 centavos per kilometer, or, if LPG consumption is around 6.5 km/l or higher, it will be cheaper than diesel...
    Last edited by niky; September 18th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hope na hindi pa sold out. Pero kung wala na eh di Vios na ko. Masgusto ko sana yung 7 seater pero 5 will do.

Nacompute ko na dati yung price difference ng diesel kaya wala sa choices ko. Tagal bago mabawi. Tsaka, yung Innova D4D D4D = destined 4 destruction

Yung original plan ko ay convert yung cefiro ko to lpg. Pero namatay na yung bwisit. Sobrang mahal nung piyesa. Di sulit ipagawa. Yung part ay pang down ko na sa bagong kotse. Kaya eto, looking for a new car.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have the same problem with the 626. I could justify the repair expenses if it were my only car, but... it isn't... thus, it's R.I.P. for now.

Good luck, bro. Kung 5-seater din lang ang bagsak mo, ayaw mo ba ng Hyundai?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
avanza vs vios