• Altis G

8 30.77%
  • Lancer GTA

18 69.23%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Lancer GTA

looks and performance, panalo na agad. sa fc lang nanalo ang altis.
    pero kung ang kalaban eh Mazda 3 2.0R Speed... aaahhh, 'yan ang magandang laban. :car:
    Last edited by joemarski; November 29th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Lancer GT-A over the Altis 1.6G, if you are leaning over a more sporty ride. If you are more concerned with fuel consumption, Altis G over the Lancer GT-A.

Any other options? The Mazda 1.5L models (sedan or hatchback) or the Civic 1.8S AT will be good options. How about the fuel efficiency of a small engine but with the power of 1.6L cars and pull (torque) of 2.0L cars? The Fiesta Ecoboost is the most fun to drive car (zippy drive, responsive steering) for something less than 1M. However, it is a bit cramped in the rear compared to subcompacts and compacts.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I'll go against the majority and say the Altis 1.6 G. I'm all for fuel efficiency nowadays even if fuel prices are going down. It's also way newer and classier on the inside imo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    GTA for the win.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Get the altis if you always drive within the city.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    I'll go against the majority and say the Altis 1.6 G. I'm all for fuel efficiency nowadays even if fuel prices are going down. It's also way newer and classier on the inside imo.
    reports say the prices will be going up again once the fuel refineries move out of pandacan though. I like how it's very roomy inside the altis as compared to the lancer, but I fancy sporty rides over passenger comfort so my point goes to the gta

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmmm, a few more variables here and there.

The thing about car buying for your own personal use is that it's more of an emotion rather than a logical one. But I will also throw out the caution of not stretching your finances thin. If you're planning to do a smaller downpayment than 50%, I'll advice against your purchase and will advice you to get something less expensive. Something like a Toyota Vios will still ferry you from Point A to Point B while burdening your wallet less over the years.

I'll first isolate your sound system woes. I'll only peg the Rockford Fosgate system of the Lancer to be around Php15,000 to Php20,000. This isn't the market price but that's what I'll value it. It's not really all that "wow" but it's an added upgrade to normal speaker and it's the "OEM" factor that inflates the price.

For the car, I will advice you go for the Toyota Altis if you're worried about the depreciation value of any car. While the Lancer has maintained its value well, nothing will beat the thousands more Altis who'll soon be plying our roads. And since it's a major upgrade by Toyota, you're guaranteed you won't really be driving an "old" car soon.

I'll recommend the Lancer GT-A if you're thinking of "upgrading". The Lancer rides on a great chassis and the engine is easily one of the stars in its category even after factoring its age. Between the two, I'll choose the Lancer. Why? The 2.0L powerplant is a gem whether it's for city driving or as a great base for adding performance parts. You should also take a look at Evo X wraparound kits which will really upgrade the aggressive ante the Lancer already has once you have thrown some performance modifications at it.

If you won't be the type to fuss about the depreciation - as in you plan on keeping the car for a long time, go for the newer Mazda 3. While initial costs might be quite high, you'll save up on its Yojin3 program over the long-run with a free 3-year service. But the two factors why this is ranks high on my list is: (1) engine and handling, and (2) build quality. Its Skyactiv engine with its Atkinson cycle engine is extremely efficient - not only does it have a lot of power but you have fuel efficiency to boot. Handling is the gem, until now I still find time to drive my sister's Mazda 3 from time to time. This is high praise since I own a better car than hers it's build quality is quickly approaching German-quality and that's something that should be experienced.. rather than told.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    reports say the prices will be going up again once the fuel refineries move out of pandacan though. I like how it's very roomy inside the altis as compared to the lancer, but I fancy sporty rides over passenger comfort so my point goes to the gta
    Then it's time to switch muna to your suking UniOil or SeaOil outlets muna

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Hmmm, a few more variables here and there.

The thing about car buying for your own personal use is that it's more of an emotion rather than a logical one. But I will also throw out the caution of not stretching your finances thin. If you're planning to do a smaller downpayment than 50%, I'll advice against your purchase and will advice you to get something less expensive. Something like a Toyota Vios will still ferry you from Point A to Point B while burdening your wallet less over the years.

I'll first isolate your sound system woes. I'll only peg the Rockford Fosgate system of the Lancer to be around Php15,000 to Php20,000. This isn't the market price but that's what I'll value it. It's not really all that "wow" but it's an added upgrade to normal speaker and it's the "OEM" factor that inflates the price.

For the car, I will advice you go for the Toyota Altis if you're worried about the depreciation value of any car. While the Lancer has maintained its value well, nothing will beat the thousands more Altis who'll soon be plying our roads. And since it's a major upgrade by Toyota, you're guaranteed you won't really be driving an "old" car soon.

I'll recommend the Lancer GT-A if you're thinking of "upgrading". The Lancer rides on a great chassis and the engine is easily one of the stars in its category even after factoring its age. Between the two, I'll choose the Lancer. Why? The 2.0L powerplant is a gem whether it's for city driving or as a great base for adding performance parts. You should also take a look at Evo X wraparound kits which will really upgrade the aggressive ante the Lancer already has once you have thrown some performance modifications at it.

If you won't be the type to fuss about the depreciation - as in you plan on keeping the car for a long time, go for the newer Mazda 3. While initial costs might be quite high, you'll save up on its Yojin3 program over the long-run with a free 3-year service. But the two factors why this is ranks high on my list is: (1) engine and handling, and (2) build quality. Its Skyactiv engine with its Atkinson cycle engine is extremely efficient - not only does it have a lot of power but you have fuel efficiency to boot. Handling is the gem, until now I still find time to drive my sister's Mazda 3 from time to time. This is high praise since I own a better car than hers it's build quality is quickly approaching German-quality and that's something that should be experienced.. rather than told.
    Planning to buy in cash :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by joemarski View Post
    Lancer GTA

looks and performance, panalo na agad. sa fc lang nanalo ang altis.
    pero kung ang kalaban eh Mazda 3 2.0R Speed... aaahhh, 'yan ang magandang laban. :car:
    Yup looks and performance I know mas mageenjoy ako sa gta.

The only downside kasi is yung interior, parang sobrang bland ng interior ng gta pero binawi naman sa exterior. Pero yun nga since I will be spending most of the time inside medyo factor din ang quality ng interior.

This would be my very 1st car ever and gusto ko talaga sana no regrets pero ang hirap talaga mamili between the 2

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast