New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    sorry if i sounded a bit pessimistic on an earlier post. If your purpose is a daily-driver with all the finesse, Starex Limo would be my pick. If the purpose would be for occasional socialite events, or if you need to modify your ride as a bullet-proof transporter, Suburban would be my pick. But it's just me and I might also err.

As far as chips, I have no experience with those enhancements, so far... but i think they only work on diesel engines with crdi technology.
    Bulletproof suburban cost twice the price and not a need(we are no politician, joke). Thanks Again.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by biboy28 View Post
    LC or prado maganda.service avaailbale
    New Fort is better than the prado which is kinda outdated. Even Mitsubishi Pajero is better than the prado.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    New Fort is better than the prado which is kinda outdated. Even Mitsubishi Pajero is better than the prado.
    AFAIK the Prado has the best off road capabilities among the three and is better than the Fortuner due to the superior transmissions available. Now if the gas mileage of the Suburban is OK with you then go with it. It SHOULD be better than most other American SUVs with similar engine sizes due to the cylinder shutoff system.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK the Prado has the best off road capabilities among the three and is better than the Fortuner due to the superior transmissions available. Now if the gas mileage of the Suburban is OK with you then go with it. It SHOULD be better than most other American SUVs with similar engine sizes due to the cylinder shutoff system.
    Sir, The Fuel saving thing which limits the fuel consumption is only available in the tahoe? I might be wrong.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Suburban and the Tahoe share the exact same engine. Hell they're so similar it seems the only difference is the length! And yes, AFAIK the Suburban does have Active Fuel Management. You can check it out in the net.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks... Is it true that Tahoes are not offered in the local Chevy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Advice for some Luxury van or suv