New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    most american cars have a column-mounted shifters, not just suvs. ford crown victoria (the common police car in the US which is also the most common taxi car over there,) ford escape, i think even ford taurus are like that. heck, i think even a cadillac escalade (which paris hilton drives) and lincoln navigator also adopted such lay-out. you'll be surprised that even a range rover (which kenrda the playboy housemate drives.) and lincoln limousine, such as these: Abiso ng Redirect do have column-mounted transmission. i mean, don't compare it to L300. :D
    Sir Thanks. But none of these cars you mentioned has a CASA in Iloilo. So No. We are leaning over the Chevy Suburban, or Limo Starex, Discourage me not to!

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    btt: if you lower the power of your big suv, the more it'll need a whole lot of fuel due to the weight. parang ito yung naging problema ng toyota lite-ace back in the 90s. it has a 1.5 liter ngunit dahil sa bigat ng kahang dinadala niya, kasing lakas o mas malakas pa sa 2.0 liter na mid-size sedan (noon) kung mangailangan ng gasolina. in simple terms: the thing in common between an under-powered car and an over-powered car is that they are both guzzlers.
    Recently saw a race chip which adds power while decreasing consumption, Does it work? any other modifications that works like that, which doesn't harms or put the car from losing the warranty. Thanks ^^

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    Recently saw a race chip which adds power while decreasing consumption, Does it work? any other modifications that works like that, which doesn't harms or put the car from losing the warranty. Thanks ^^
    Yes it does. I'd suggest you look for Racechip Pro or Unichip for this one. Many of our Tsikoteers here have installed these on their rides and gotten very favorable results. It gives the best results on electronically controlled, turbocharged rides though. There are plug and play versions of these chips so that they won't void the warranty of your car. So if you are looking at the Starex Limousine and Suburban ONLY, I'd suggest you get the Starex Limo and chip it for an extra 20-30 wheel horses or so.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tapos lagay ka ng water-alcohol injection....

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    *yapoy86
    Sorry Po. What is its purpose?

*yapoy86
    Sorry Po. What is its purpose?
    It's used to get the intake air cooler, for evaporative pressure due to the water and methanol blend sprayed into the intake manifold absorving some heat from the intake air. Just like an intercooler does in a turbocharged vehicle. BTW even a turbocharger can be a good way to deal with the fuel-efficiency since it enhances the combustion efficiency...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sir Thanks. But none of these cars you mentioned has a CASA in Iloilo. So No. We are leaning over the Chevy Suburban, or Limo Starex, Discourage me not to!
    sorry if i sounded a bit pessimistic on an earlier post. If your purpose is a daily-driver with all the finesse, Starex Limo would be my pick. If the purpose would be for occasional socialite events, or if you need to modify your ride as a bullet-proof transporter, Suburban would be my pick. But it's just me and I might also err.

As far as chips, I have no experience with those enhancements, so far... but i think they only work on diesel engines with crdi technology.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can chip gasoline vehicles. You can "chip" anything that has an ECU.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    LC or prado maganda.service avaailbale

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by biboy28 View Post
    LC or prado maganda.service avaailbale
    Recently saw thread how the LC200 lacks features, which kinda sucks being the luxury suv of toyota.
    LC200 doesn't have exclusivity (more common in the road) unlike suburban(very appealing, recently watch transformers 3) and Starex limo, which is rare.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advice for some Luxury van or suv