New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I read somewhere that the accord is more of a drivers' car, the corona is more of passengers' car.

I drive a 1995 accord A/T, I got it third hand 8 months ago (57k mileage, 62k now), all I can say is I am 100% satisfied with my decision. And I consider it my first car, I used to drive our family's car.

Whichever car you decide to get just take your time and check all the nooks and crannies...

I have no experience driving or even being in a corona, but it does seem to also be a nice car. In my opinion the accord is ***ier though...

Mvote goes to the Honda Accord.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    accord

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    comparing the two from a driver's perspective:

1. corona has poorer outward visibility, with a high cowl, high dashboard, low seat (like sitting in a bathtub hehe), and huge butt

2. i remember that the corona's steering feels overboosted and vague compared to the accord's

3. corona's engine has good mid-range torque but gets raspy beyond 5000 or so rpm. still, accord's smooth engine beats it

4. manual transmission coronas (as ours was) has a floppy-feeling shifter and a clutch that is not quite up to honda standards

5. i don't remember the ride quality too much, but i recall the corona had the smoother ride. the accord feels more solid as a whole though (just compare the light, flimsy-feeling doors of the corona to the accord's substantial ones)

and from a passenger point of view:

the corona is much, MUCH roomier than the accord. the corona almost matches the room of the latest camry and accord i think. however, the accord has a better-designed and smarter-looking interior, and standard genuine leather seats feel much richer

and from an owner's point of view:

once, our accord needed a certain hose and bracket in the engine bay replaced, and the cost for the part was 11,000 or so. hehe. both will be happy with regular oil (no need for synthetics) changed every 5K km. both are very reliable and will have minimal downtime.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    accord. on the point of a higher resale value.
    IMO, it's not that high actually... The '96-'97 Civic enjoys better resale value (and is easier to sell) than an '96-'97 Accord nowadays.

Just an observation.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    and thats because of the oil price hike... ang hirap ng naka 2 liter!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    corona. but i prefer the euro version over the exsior. although mas luma ata to. pero tama yung sinabi ng iba na parang medyo limited ang view from the driver's seat. parang ang liit ng windshield at dahil mataas ang likod, limited din ang view ng rear.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    singitan mo na rin ng 97 cefiro, roomiest of them all i think

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on aesthetics,
    yung accord parang pang yuppies
    yung corona parang pang family man.

magkano ba ito bat di ka na lang mag BMW316 yung model before e46

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ganda ng Corona pag nakalowered.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    naku masikip masyado ang e36, at going price ata ngaun mga 400k pataas. lamang lng nun brand, although baka mas tipid cos 1.6 lng

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Accord or Corona Exsior