New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hello peeps. I am planning to buy my first car (used) and I am having a hard time choosing what should it be. I am considering acquiring an Accord 96/97 or a Corona Exsior 96/97 preferably A/T. Can you give me your views on the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Which has the better value for my money, (budget is 280K)? Which is really better? Other infos are also welcome.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No first hard experience on both cars, but I'd go for the Exsior.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have a 96 accord now and a corona before... i prefer the accord, but consider:

corona - huge interior space (particularly the back seat), doesnt drive as good as the accord, puny wheels, very reliable, cheap parts

accord - back seat is cramped in comparison, leather seats are good, better driving position than corona, classier-looking inside and out, drives well, very reliable also but parts are expensive

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    accord for me

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd lean on the Exsior more as it seems to be more sturdy for me over an Accord (based on experience) and the parts are cheaper. The Accord has a lot of aftermarket parts available and is faster then the Corona though.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kung ako... I will buy the Corona and put in a 3S-GE or 3S-GTE. :evillaugh

Pero teka, pareho lang ba price? Di ba mas mahal ang Accord? Kung pang araw-araw mo lang, dun ka na sa mas-bago/sariwa. Doesn't really matter whether Accord or Corona. Both cars are reliable I guess. Haven't driven an Accord. Pareho namang 2.0L so di siguro malaki difference ng gas consumption.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accord. on the point of a higher resale value.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sa Exsior ako... first car mo di ba... mas marami mekaniko at mura ang parts ng toyota cars. pwedeng-pwede na first car, try mo Manual Transmission para mas madami ka matutunan. besides, classy din naman ang Corona, 2.0 Liter car din 'to e.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    toyota

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accord VTi is 2.2L. accord engine is superior to the 3s-fe in the rona.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Accord or Corona Exsior