New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I checked my isuzu leaflets and handouts.

it turns out, the Current Dmax that theyre selling are available in the ff trims:
    LS 4x4 M/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine
    LS 4x4 A/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine
    LS 4x2 M/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine
    LS 4x2 A/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine

LX 4x2 M/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine

LT 4x4 M/T 3.0 4JJ1 engine
    LT 4x2 M/T 2.5 4JA1 engine

Personally, I like the LX. its priced and spec'd right.

Sayang nga lang wala na yung titanium silver sa LX. White na lang ang available.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah yes bro. That is with the 2.5L 4JA1-L D-Max on an eco run so mostly highway driving through the provinces with speeds mostly around 60-80km/h. An insanely frugal engine + large 76 liter tank = humongous Honda Jazz humiliating 1844kms range. But then with a D-Max 3.0L M/T, you should still be getting excellent gas mileage. If you installed a chip you would be getting even better performance and gas mileage.

bro GTi

pinakamatipid nga ba yung DMax among all the other pickups in the ph?
    i know it all depends on one's driving and road conditions. pero assuming all factors remain constant, pinakamatipid kaya talaga ang DMax?

Maganda sana yung chip noh, its worth 20k, and might void your warranty if you install it habang may warranty ka pa

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Among 3.0L pickups, I am affirmative that it is the thriftiest. After all it is the only one to still offer M/T and 4x2 with this engine size. If compared with 2.5L pickups, particularly the less powerful ones, it might get similar or slightly less in city driving.

As for the chip, you can opt for Unichip's plug and play unit which does not void the vehicle's warranty, though it is more expensive.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ok yun unichip plug and play but pricey lang but whats good with this brand is totally programmable. Race chip pro naman is also a plug and play with 2 dials where in you need to set them according to your preference. Other plug and play chip are readily available in the market with the same dial/s for its setting. Setting the chip too high would lead to limpmode.

Personally, i didnt save on my FC but im really satisfied with its performance. Most of my friends had the same outcome, not much of the fuel savings but more on the performance.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    After some more reading, I find it very odd. In this picture here (Take the Isuzu Challenge 2010 and win a D-MAX pickup | Cash Quest!), it is clear that the 4JA1 D-Max will be the one running. And yet what the winner got was the base 4JJ1 D-Max (Photos of Isuzu Diesel Mission | Facebook). The fuel miser Crosswind got 22km/L in that run, I am almost dead certain that the 4JJ1 D-Max would definitely not be able to trump the 4JA1's numbers. But it would definitely make sense if it was the 4JA1 D-Max that had gotten 24km/L highway. There were several D-Max units in the run, which one exactly was the unit that got 1844kms? I'm confused.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    After some more reading, I find it very odd. In this picture here (Take the Isuzu Challenge 2010 and win a D-MAX pickup | Cash Quest!), it is clear that the 4JA1 D-Max will be the one running. And yet what the winner got was the base 4JJ1 D-Max (Photos of Isuzu Diesel Mission | Facebook). The fuel miser Crosswind got 22km/L in that run, I am almost dead certain that the 4JJ1 D-Max would definitely not be able to trump the 4JA1's numbers. But it would definitely make sense if it was the 4JA1 D-Max that had gotten 24km/L highway. There were several D-Max units in the run, which one exactly was the unit that got 1844kms? I'm confused.

likewise.

confused much :D

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    coudnt find mr dmaxsiados posts.

meron bang link dun sa mga excel charts and graphs na ginawa niya?

That particular D-Max, being a 4JA1 unit, has no computer box.
    Altough it wouldn't prevent the injection pump to have had a different tuning

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    coudnt find mr dmaxsiados posts.

meron bang link dun sa mga excel charts and graphs na ginawa niya?
    Hehehe~ If you REALLY want to see how he valiantly defended his beloved ride to the very last, here. http://tsikot.com/forums/search.php?searchid=270354 Oh, and have I mentioned that he is a Hyundai fan too? Not very closed minded like most fanboys, I should say.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Altough it wouldn't prevent the injection pump to have had a different tuning
    If so then I suppose you can do so with your old school diesel too at the diesel calibration shop by the corner.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast