New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Uh oh. Thinking of selling my Ford Fiesta 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why naman? I was also thinking of selling mine as we are looking at getting a bigger car but I am more inclined to keep it. Maybe make it a project car or weekend track car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd sell my car if i didn't need it anymore.
    it'd just deteriorate, languishing,un-used, and occupying space in the garage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The City offers the best package by having decent size, good engine performance, and acceptable fuel efficiency.

The Vios 1.3E is just too pricey for what it offers but it does carry the T brand name. Some even say the 1.5L model is more fuel efficient than the 1.3L model.

The Fiesta and Mazda both have cramped interiors but these two offer good driving dynamics and performance. If opting for the Fiesta, the hatchback Ecoboost is something to consider if you like a responsive daily driver.

The Accent CRDi offers frugality thru its turbo Diesel engine. The engine has good performance numbers but the chassis is quite heavy for a small car. Sarsi owns an Accent CRDi and the listed gross vehicle weight is 1650 kg, more like the older midsize cars already. This also means its LTO registration cost is similar to an Accord or Camry or the bigger TOTL compacts.

bro gross weight already includes the max payload. take out the 550 and thats the curb weight..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Why naman? I was also thinking of selling mine as we are looking at getting a bigger car but I am more inclined to keep it. Maybe make it a project car or weekend track car.
    Recently kasi excessive na naman shuddering and clutch assay daw problema and it is not covered under the extended warranty ng Ford. Only for the other variants. The casa is charging me 90k to replace the clutch assay. Sooner or later baka bumigay na to eh. I don’t really know. Original plan was to make it a project car pero pag ganito nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako [emoji24]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bro gross weight already includes the max payload. take out the 550 and thats the curb weight..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It will be a surprise for owners to find their small car to have the registration cost of a big car. Sarsi pays 5k a year for LTO registration cost of his Accent CRDi.

Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Recently kasi excessive na naman shuddering and clutch assay daw problema and it is not covered under the extended warranty ng Ford. Only for the other variants. The casa is charging me 90k to replace the clutch assay. Sooner or later baka bumigay na to eh. I don’t really know. Original plan was to make it a project car pero pag ganito nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako [emoji24]

Kaya nga di ko sinunod yung notice ng Ford about TCM update. My Fiesta is working fine and I need not risk doing something that may result to something like what others experienced after the TCM update.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    It will be a surprise for owners to find their small car to have the registration cost of a big car. Sarsi pays 5k a year for LTO registration cost of his Accent CRDi.

Kaya nga di ko sinunod yung notice ng Ford about TCM update. My Fiesta is working fine and I need not risk doing something that may result to something like what others experienced after the TCM update.
    I didn’t also. From the beginning palang talagang lemon ata nakuha kong unit.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang mahal naman ng 5k a year. Kasama na ba dun ang TPL? Ang bayad lang sa Carnival at Granvia, IIRC, 2429.xx lang eh. For some reason mas mahal yung 07 SF at 3k+. Yung Revo diesel namin dati I think 2229.xx lang. Hindi kasama dito ang TPL.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    My Sylphy 1.6CVT was just almost 4k php plus 600 TPL. Could the additional cost for the Accent be because it is a diesel?

Size wise, the Sylphy is actually comparable to an older generation Camry, but the current gen of both Altis and Civic are also larger in this regard as well so I think they will also be charged similar amounts when registering their vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    My Sylphy 1.6CVT was just almost 4k php plus 600 TPL. Could the additional cost for the Accent be because it is a diesel?

Size wise, the Sylphy is actually comparable to an older generation Camry, but the current gen of both Altis and Civic are also larger in this regard as well so I think they will also be charged similar amounts when registering their vehicles.
    Ang mamahal naman ng binabayaran niyo! Ang pinakamahal na binayaran ko na walang penalty/additional charges as indicated sa OR is 3034.06 for the 07 Santa Fe. TPL was P970.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ang mahal naman ng 5k a year. Kasama na ba dun ang TPL? Ang bayad lang sa Carnival at Granvia, IIRC, 2429.xx lang eh. For some reason mas mahal yung 07 SF at 3k+. Yung Revo diesel namin dati I think 2229.xx lang. Hindi kasama dito ang TPL.

Under its declared 1650kg gross vehicle weight, the Accent CRDi falls under the medium category of LTO. For medium class cars, the LTO MVUC cost is Php 3600 so total annual registration cost could be around 5k including TPL and other miscellaneous fees.

MPVs and SUVs are classified differently by LTO.

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

I think the 1.6L Sylphy is still classified under small cars with LTO. The 1.8L model is already under medium, same with the Altis 1.6V, Focus, Elantra, and Impreza. The additional registration cost is not related to engine size or fuel type but with the gross vehicle weight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast