New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by esr101 View Post
    Was in the same scenario before. Narrowed my choice between Tucson GL or Sportage LX. Went with Tucson GL since the price after discount was lower compared to Sportage (after discount also).

During that time, it does not really matter to me kung ano sa dalawa since for me they're essentially the same iba lang ng looks.

When i was buying a car i really removed brand as determining factor in my decision. I made a checklist of what I want and decided based on that.

Things that I considered:
    1. Usage
    2. Price
    3. Must be diesel engine and fuel efficient
    4. Space inside should fit two bikes
    5. Good for long rides

Things that are nice but not really important to me so ok lang if wala.

1. Headunit/Sound system - since I would most likely be upgrading it.
    2. Leather seats
    3. Push Start system
    4. Auto climate control
    5. Fog lamps (I rarely used them on the other cars so don't really need it.
    6. Retractable side mirror

The Tucson and Sportage ticked most of the items on my checklist so i'm fine with it plus the discount that I got was really good.
    Was canvassing for Tucson this August. But we ended up choosing the CR-V.

You can easily haggle the following from multiple dealers

- 120K Cash Discount
    - Touchscreen display with reverse camera
    - Rain Visor
    - Reverse Sensor
    - Alarm
    - 1k Diesel
    - LTO and TPL

This is for GL. we reserved a GLS (2018 with new Rims and side moulding) but after checking the CR-V, we opted the latter. CR-V is newer (Tucson will probably have a facelift on the coming months), has almost the same specs (1.5m Tucson GLS vs. 1.5m CR-V 7-Seater V Diesel), has 5+2 seats in Leather, and more interior room.

Though I would reserve my judgement on the 120HP Diesel Motor. Would do a Test Drive first. I think it would be adequate, but I will definitely miss the R Engine on the Tucson.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^ and so it begins ... CRV

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    [table="width: 500, class: grid, align: left"]

Which one has better discounts and features? Which one would you choose and why?

Which dealerships would you recommend?
    I prefer the Tucson because of the larger cargo capacity, the softer ride and the slightly better interior feel. The Sportage is quieter inside and offers better body control, however.

He can cross-shop dealers when buying. He can always switch to another for vehicle service.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Wouldn't even recommend anything at this point, next year comes the crossover killers [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    kakaawa Hyundai offered this promo until end of Sept nationwide sa lahat ng models. tapos bumili sya nun August, hindi binigyan. that's 50K worth of freebies, 10" Touchscreen tsk tsk tsk. pag ganito ba binubulsa ng agent?

he was not given the Touchscreen, rev cam, backup sensors, keyless alarm tsk tsk

from Tucson Club FB Page

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    kakaawa Hyundai offered this promo until end of Sept nationwide sa lahat ng models. tapos bumili sya nun August, hindi binigyan. that's 50K worth of freebies, 10" Touchscreen tsk tsk tsk. pag ganito ba binubulsa ng agent?

he was not given the Touchscreen, rev cam, backup sensors, keyless alarm tsk tsk

from Tucson Club FB Page
    Baka naman sa ibang dealer sya kumuha? Per dealer ang promo

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    could be pero if one will search sa FB, kahit hanggang Hyundai Cabanatuan and Butuan naka-offer eto, meaning even the provincial dealers are generous enough or HONEST enough to offer sa buyer. tapos dito i-oomit na ng agent why bec nag-walk in lang sya and unaware. sabi nun poster sa isang dealer din lang daw sa Manila yan, tipong malapit lang sa dealer na pinagkuhaan nya

where's the justice? yan ang hirap sa sistema na ganyan na paiba-iba, not all are treated fairly. kaya siugro mga tao Toyota na lang kasi fair sa lahat, pag nataas ng presyo, lahat ng buyers may price increase.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Out of curiosity, I did a walk-in at Hyundai Q. Ave (near Capitol Medical Center). While the salegals were hot, they could not offer any freebies and could only give a 100k discount.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Out of curiosity, I did a walk-in at Hyundai Q. Ave (near Capitol Medical Center). While the salegals were hot, they could not offer any freebies and could only give a 100k discount.
    well, much as they wanted to snag a sale, "they are not authorized to give more than what they were instructed to dangle in front of you".
    errr... were the other hyundai dealers dangling more than that?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    then that means pag hinde ka ma-social media, malas mo. kawawa naman mga oldies and others na lagi sinasabi " I dont have Facebook " well, I guess it serves them right to be duped of 50K worth of accessories because they're too snob to be in facebook generation.

saka P100K lang offer sayo,. eh P120K discount offer sa facebook promos + all those freebies: touchscreen, rev cam, sensors, keyless alarm. talong-talo nga ang walk-in. so unang bile mo pa lang pinakita mo na dealer ng 20K more + freebies that they can keep to woo another customer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast