New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    How big of a difference would the fuel cost really be between the gas and diesel engines? The car's daily trip from Monday - Friday would be from Marikina to Makati and back, during both morning and evening rush hour.

To paint a picture of what the car's going to be used for, it's going to be driven by my son and daughter for their daily trip to work. One would be working for the first time; the other has been working for eight years. They'll both be pitching in on the cost of their daily drive without our help. Parking will also be costly. This is why practicality is a huge factor in this purchase decision.

However, I must admit that, as juts703 put it, the Jazz really is the better car. Its seats are a lot better (I find the Accent's rear seats uncomfortable, to be honest, for rear passengers). We also like the way it looks; it's a car we think will age nicely.

But, at the end of the day, the deal-breaker seems to be the amount of savings from the kind of fuel the car will use up.

We have yet to decide how big of a premium we're willing to pay for fuel costs of the Jazz over the Accent. But more or less, this is our line of thinking - if the difference in the Jazz and Accent's fuel costs is small enough, we are likely to pursue the Jazz.

Greatly appreciate everyone's help on this.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If you plan to keep the car for a long time (5+ years) and will be travelling long distances (15,000+ km per year), then it is fine to get a diesel car.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    A diesel car is better but it depends on the brand. How many old diesel Hyunda Accents are still running compared to the Honda Jazz?

For long term ownership, the Honda Jazz would be a better choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12