New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Their price is comparable... Just need your advised guys..
    This will be used Mon-Fri for 4 adults on board from Marikina to Makati CBd.

1. Is there a big difference on fuel costs if I choose the Jazz.
    2. Does the maintenance of diesel powered is quite expensive for the Accent.

Thanks.

PS... i was just informed that during the DOE fuel testing, the Jazz and Accent
    was almost the same in terms of km./liter...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I'm no car expert but if they're almost the same in km/liter then the diesel powered accent will yield better savings since diesel is cheaper than gas.

Example if there's a 10 peso difference between diesel and gas prices, then you automatically saved a 100 pesos every 10 liters.

Now this savings may offset by the maintenance costs of the diesel accent. By how much? I'm not sure though as I have no idea about the maintenance costs of the diesel powered vehicles...

Let's wait for others to butt in..

Sent from my D6503 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxic8 View Post
    I'm no car expert but if they're almost the same in km/liter then the diesel powered accent will yield better savings since diesel is cheaper than gas.

Example if there's a 10 peso difference between diesel and gas prices, then you automatically saved a 100 pesos every 10 liters.

Now this savings may offset by the maintenance costs of the diesel accent. By how much? I'm not sure though as I have no idea about the maintenance costs of the diesel powered vehicles...

Ang napansin ko rin sa gas vs diesel, pag mabigat ang karga, malakas na kumain ang gas. Maybe because the torque of diesel?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxic8 View Post

Diesels are more expensive, but in the long run they come out cheaper.

Compare the Accent 1.4 GL (gas) and 1.6 GL CRDi:

668k vs 748k. Assume that the gas will do 9 km/L while the diesel will do 25 km/L. Gas prices are at P38/L, diesel is at P26/L. You travel 15000 km a year.

Fuel expense for the gas Accent: 15000 / 9 * 38 = 63.3k/yr

Fuel expense for the diesel Accent: 15000 / 12 * 26 = 32.5k/yr

So you will recoup the difference in 2.5 years.

Maintenance is roughly the same, except that the diesel uses more oil (6L vs 4L iirc). Turbos break down between 100-200k km if they're not taken care of properly. But I know many people with high mileage turbo diesel engines that haven't had to replace anything aside from the usual oil and filter changes.

Also important is that the diesel is much more fun to drive compared to its small-engined gas counterpart. The Accent diesel has so much torque that it's very lively even at low speeds or with a full load. It's even faster than most 1.6 compacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    Their price is comparable... Just need your advised guys..
    This will be used Mon-Fri for 4 adults on board from Marikina to Makati CBd.

1. Is there a big difference on fuel costs if I choose the Jazz.
    2. Does the maintenance of diesel powered is quite expensive for the Accent.

Thanks.

PS... i was just informed that during the DOE fuel testing, the Jazz and Accent
    was almost the same in terms of km./liter...
    1. Yes the Accent will come out cheaper in terms of fuel expenses. Roughly 30k per year savings in fuel alone.

2. Maintenance is only slightly more expensive because the Accent uses more oil (6L vs 4L). Oh, and Hyundais also have 5000 km PMS intervals while Hondas only require maintenance every 10,000. Still, the fuel savings far outweigh the additional maintenance cost.

The Accent is also cheaper 898k vs 928k. Personally though, I think the Jazz has a much better interior and exterior design. Handling is also better, and the suspension doesn't sag as much with a full load. More features too.

Ultimately, the Jazz is the better car, the Accent is the more practical car. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would go with the Jazz on this comparison.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    practical advice:

Kung tatagal ung kotse sayo, better get the accent diesel. at least ung gastos sa maintenance ma offset ng tipid sa diesel at FC.

kung hindi tatagal, Jazz nalang. pakikinabangan mo ung resale value at popularity ng honda at jazz name plate.

tatagal meaning > 5 years or more.

ultimately i test drive mo. paminsan all bets are off once na matipuhan mo ung isa.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I have not driven any of the current offerings of the Jazz and the Accent Hatch CRDi.

The Jazz for me, is unquestionably one fun car, based on my ownership and limited driving experience of an earlier model....

However, the Accent Hatch is something I fell in love with instantly; and with the plus CRDi engine,- would be much more fun and practical thing to drive these days, I would imagine.

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.0K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    go for diesel engine.tipid kana at mas matagal pa aabutin ng tsikot mo.ako 15 years ako sa gas engine kaso sinawaan din ako after 2-3 years may mararamdaman kanang kakaiba sa engine mo.sabi mo nga daily service ng 4 adults.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've owned both gas and diesel fed cars and I prefer the high-revving experience of gas engines, at least for small, manual transmission cars.

Nakakabitin for me yung 4000 rpm palang wala nang power. I enjoy shifting at 6000 rpm. I also don't like the lag of most turbo diesels vs naturally aspirated gas engines.

Most people though prefer diesels because there's so much midrange power they think they're so much faster than gas engines (the reality is that a gas engine with the same horsepower at its peak powerband of about 5500 rpm will be just as fast).

What I like about diesels is that they're torquey so they don't feel bogged down even when fully loaded (while in a gas-fed car each passenger makes the car feel significantly slower). Also, since much of the power is available at lower rpms, there isn't much of a fuel consumption penalty even if you drive it hard compared to a gas engine.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast