New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Even though the new Altis was recently introduced, I'd still go with the Civic FB. The 1.8L Elantra GLS is another option. However, it will be better to wait till the new Mazda3 SkyActiv is released locally.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I'd go for the civic.

Eventually you'll graduate and have your own job and money. If you will dress up your car, then you won't have trouble looking for aftermarket parts for the civic. Plus I haven't seen many modified altises around the metro.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you like driving, get the Civic. If they have retained (or improved) the car dynamics of FD (last Civic I've driven), you'd actually enjoy driving it. 1.8 is also very economical, perhaps due to the power:weight sweet spot. Stock engine note is lovely at peak rpm. Steering is very precise, something you'd want to be reliable especially during emergency maneuvers. Parts are freakin expensive.

Altis' suspension is softer but never really had a liking for the way the steering responds. If the new one is just like the one before it, you'd have comfortable buns during long drives. Parts will probably be abundant. This new model uses the old engine so you'd have no problem should you need parts, repair and DIY PMS. If Toyota's past behaviour is to be based on, they're just clearing their stocks of the old engine and will release the same shell with new engines, usually after a year.

Personally, I find these cars way too expensive for their type and purpose. At 1 Million, like jhnkvn, I'd get an Accent CRDI instead, save the money, or buy a Ford Ranger XLT (if you dig pickups, i find this the best deal at 1.079M) but, if it all boils down to being practical, I'd get a base power Vios.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Civic! For the nice looking speedo. Haha. And it would suit you more since youre still young. You might not think of it yet, but im sure darating yung time na magsasawa ka sa stock look and youd want to put a nice set of wheels, drop it, and give it a nice deep growl. The civic will pull it off better than the altis. Pero if its gonna be all stock forever, then altis it is.

Or...... Get a lancer ex. Its insanely cheap for a compact car. It could be gotten for 700-750k. Masmahal pa ang vios 1.3 E. Its not a bad car by any means. Yun nga lang medyo luma na. 2008 pa nirelease eh. But getting a 5-6 yearold car has its perks din. Maliban sa discounts, you already have 5-6 years worth of feedback from owners. I know for a fact that its a relatively problem free car. Maliban sa ABS sensors that usually start having problems after 3 years, wala nang mairereklamo sa lancer.
    Last edited by Mikemike07; March 1st, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I wouldn't normally recommend a Honda. In this instance, however, the Civic's relative age is actually an advantage. The new Altis might have some bugs that will manifest within the first six months, or until Toyota discovers, addresses and corrects them.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wait for the Sylphy and Mazda 3 for others options.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Wait for the Sylphy and Mazda 3 for others options.
    Nissan nakiki-uso sa pics craze of today's phones. hehehe

Mazda 3 nga magandang i-check since malapit na marelease.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sorry, makiki-hijack lang ng thread (newb eh, d pa makacreate ng thread).

I was also considering these two cars, but I was also considering Honda City 1.5 ENC since close naman 'yung price nya, TOTL siya ng current City so todo sa bells and whistles ng City, and 1.5 naman 'yung engine so ok na rin.

So, Altis, Civic, or TOTL City? (Pero parang mas gusto ko Altis, maganda exterior eh. Pero maganda naman interior ni Civic, si City, hindi ko pa nakita).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ano ba meron sa TOTL na city sir, para piliin sya over the altis?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Ano ba meron sa TOTL na city sir, para piliin sya over the altis?
    (More on comparison ito with Altis 1.6G)
    Magandang interior, paddle shifter, solid disc brakes, reverse sensor/sonar.

Basically d naman nalalayo dun sa Altis at Civic, pero mas mura siya and supposed to be mas fuel-efficient. Pero hindi ko pala alam kung CVT ang City.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast