New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hello! I'm a 23 yo student and finally, my father decided to buy me a brand new car.

I'm torn between these two cars. For the Corolla, it would be the 1.6V AT(P999,000) and the 1.8E AT(P1,000,008) for the Honda (P968,000 - less P40,000 discount promo). The car will not be used almost as everyday but mostly in gimmicks and occasional trip to the province (50-60KM) once or twice a year.

We had our visit and a chance to see these two cars in the branch of Toyota and Honda in Q.Ave. Interior wise, the Civic feels much more luxurious and expensive than the Altis. Also, I didn't see any LCD in the HUD of the new Altis but for the Civic, it offers a back up camera which you can see the display in the HUD. I've seen the Wigo and there's an LCD in its
    dashboard. The Altis also offers a much more striking exterior than the Civic, plus the Altis is a 2014 model while the Civic is like 2 years old already.

I hope you guys can help me out in this one.

Last edited by Jeffrey Perez; February 28th, 2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Tags

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Personally, I'd pick the Altis. I've never been a fan of the Civic after the SIR body, to me that was the last of the good looking Civics, after that it went downhill from the ES to the current FB.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Get the Civic if its cheaper with discounts and with the added backup camera. The exterior looks will actually grow on you.

But still, dun ka na sa mas 'matimbang' para sayo. If still a tie, a toss coin may help. :P

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Get the Civic if its cheaper with discounts and with the added backup camera. The exterior looks will actually grow on you.

But still, dun ka na sa mas 'matimbang' para sayo. If still a tie, a toss coin may help. :P
    I agree, you can't go wrong with your choices naman eh. Yun na lang mas malapit sa puso mo. At kapag tabla pa rin nga, at least sa toss coin 50:50, no regrets. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you don't have too polarizing factors, like what everyone said - whatever you feel fits you better. Sure, you can go feature for feature, but at the end of the day, if you choose the Altis, will that make you stop wanting the backup camera or the other Civic freebies and features? And vice versa, if you choose the Civic, will that make you not want what's in the Altis?

A long time ago, when I was made to choose between a Mazda 626 and a Honda Accord, I went with the Mazda. It was a bit cheaper, but it wasn't as powerful nor as spacious as the Accord. No problem, never looked for the Accord. Well, not until my tastes changed, and then Honda released the facelifted Accord a few years after. But that's another story.

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Agree on above posts. Both cars are winners, you just give in to which your heart desires more, setting aside specs, features and price. Kung ano yung dinidrive mo sa panaginip mo, yun na yun.

If you're concerned about the after sales, Toyota and Honda dealers are easy to deal with.
    Last edited by leodawesome; February 28th, 2014 at 05:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I like the stance of the Civic FB body, especially in pearl white. I find it elegant.

But when the pearl white Altis rolls in, its front is much more striking.

Would you rather have a luxurious interior or a striking exterior? heheh

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    safe choice parehas. how about let your family choose for you?

in my opinion, mas masarap idrive yung 1.8 civic vs 1.6 altis. no idea nga lang sa fuel consumption nila
    Last edited by dct; February 28th, 2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typo

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tama toss coin na to, sobrang dikit ng dalawang brand na to sa lahat ng aspeto..parang pacquiao marquez..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Soweee guys I vote for Altis here. Test drove the Civic already. Pakiramdam ko mahina sa arangkada sa 3 adult passengers ang A/T ( don't know lang sa M/T) considering na 1.8L na ito... But at the end of the day you still decide. BTW did you already test drive both cars????

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast