New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Traditional AT pa rin yung City. I find it to be overpriced for a sub-compact.

For around the same price, I will go with the bigger car unless you value the 1-2 km/L savings on FC.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbDriver View Post
    (More on comparison ito with Altis 1.6G)
    Magandang interior, paddle shifter, solid disc brakes, reverse sensor/sonar.

Basically d naman nalalayo dun sa Altis at Civic, pero mas mura siya and supposed to be mas fuel-efficient. Pero hindi ko pala alam kung CVT ang City.
    Hindi nga kagandahan ang interior ng lower variant ng altis. Pero mukhang mas maluwag siya sa city. Ikaw bro, kung anong mas prefer mo heheh. Drive mo nalang parehas para malaman mo ano mas swabe sayo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Ano na kaya nangyari kay TS?

*NewbDriver: Bro in my case, pipiliin ko lang yung TOTL City above the Altis G and Civic AT dahil sa paddle shifters. If I will be buying a sedan, then I'm not after space, so the space advantage of the corolla and the civic is not a factor for me. Pero kung kaya pa ng budget, dun kana sa Civic with paddle shifts din and all the toys that you can find on the TOTL city.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Traditional AT pa rin yung City. I find it to be overpriced for a sub-compact.

For around the same price, I will go with the bigger car unless you value the 1-2 km/L savings on FC.
    Just checked, traditional AT pa nga ang City (and pati Civic). Malaki ba advantage ng CVT sa trad AT?

May nagsabi sakin from another forum na hndi raw maganda CVT ng Altis. Pero that remains to be seen kapag marami na units sa kalsada.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some people say that the CVT, by virtue of its design, is not as robust as the traditional (4-speed) AT. others say it is "robust enough" for our needs.
    some say the CVT has got rid of the traditional shift shock of traditional ATs, but others say the newer traditional AT designs have barely any shift shock either.
    which offers better fuel efficiency? i don't know.. i guess that will depend on the programming..
    let us sit back and wait for developments...

i do have a 2003 CVT car, bought it a few years ago, and it has yet to let me down. (well, it does let me down, in the gas guzzling aspect.. it thinks it's a crv..)
    Last edited by dr. d; March 5th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The previous gen City CVT had its share of issues but there are still a lot of them on the road. Back then, not a lot of folks know the difference thus causing issues during maintenance (imagine some putting ATF instead of CVTF!) outside of the warranty period.

CVT is supposed to improve on FC. Subaru has good successes with CVT on their new models, specially on the FC part. However, reliability has yet to be seen as they are still relatively new.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    depende yata talaga sa character or mood ng buyer sa pagpili ng tsikot. I find the Altis as plain or bland, while the Civic as more sharp. I'll go for Civic.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    depende yata talaga sa character or mood ng buyer sa pagpili ng tsikot. I find the Altis as plain or bland, while the Civic as more sharp. I'll go for Civic.
    Actually gusto ko ang design ng harap ng Civic. Pero 'yung likod nya 'di ko type.

Sayang nga kasi niredesign ang Civic sa US, pero parang hindi darating sa 'Pinas. Mas sporty din ang US version ng Altis, most likely d rin un darating dito kasi Euro spec ang satin.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Although not in your list. I would suggest get the 2014 Nissan Sylphy. Priced same as the Altis 1.6V but features are like the TOTL of the Altis. It already has leather seats, HID and 1.8L engine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Although not in your list. I would suggest get the 2014 Nissan Sylphy. Priced same as the Altis 1.6V but features are like the TOTL of the Altis. It already has leather seats, HID and 1.8L engine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    yes, please.
    then tell us about the fuel efficiency. i'm torn between the altis and the sylphy..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast