New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    medyo alanganin yata yung isang kino-consider ni TS pagdating sa Fuel Consumption, samantalang puro pangarera ang nasa listahan. if you can buy these kind of cars, fueling up is not a problem I assume.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    right on yuichi i'll put in the complete list kung ano meron ang STi na wala ang wrx para lang sa mga di nakakaalam.

-Wider body parts
    -Bigger turbo
    - Nicer wheels (Im refering to the BBS not the crappy chrome 5 spokes)
    -Nicer interior
    -Different exterior colors to choose from
    -Quad tip exhaust (for the newer models)
    -Brembo
    -6speed/dccd or si drive for the newer models (dccd makes a huge difference on the track)
    -Wider tires/rims
    -Better suspension components
    -Stronger internal engine components (that's why STi can handle more power than the wrx)
    -Better top mount intercooler
    -Better exhaust system

the stock transmission of the wrx can only hold up to 300-350whp while the STi 6-speed can hold up to 500whp. so yan, kahit pumunta ka pa sa speed lab no matter what they do, they won't be able to make your wrx or lance ra hang with an evo and STi with out spending more money. also another thing to consider when modding an already turbo'd car, your car will only keep it's reliability pag bolt on lang lahat ng parts anything more than that good luck na lang sa reliability ng car.

like yuichi said look at the grey market muna, i've seen a lot of evo's for sale around the price range you want.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To hell with practicality. Kids will still fit in the back seat of the Genesis, right?

If sporty is what matters, a Genesis V6 with a chip and an exhaust will not only be more powerful (and still cheaper) than the other choices, it will sound much better than the sewing machine under the hood of the Ralliart or the stock STi.

Or, with a twin-turbo kit... it can make 500 whp easy. But honestly, if this is your first sportscar, 250-300 hp is more than enough to have fun and/or kill yourself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm not sure how much power you will gain from a chipped GC V6 with intake exhaust. For sure you can gain more HP and Torque, yes Torque with a turbo car IMO ( around 70-90hp). Yes more expensive but you have the safety and handling of the AWD system vis-a-vis RWD.

Re: the twin tubo kit, definitely yes, but need to change pistons, rods, tranny and a lot more to achieve 500hp. So might end up spending more. And the reliability? Got to wait few more years to get that answered. A 2.0 GC squeezing 320-350whp is more achieavable to what i have read, yet still reliable.

Better get the car with the better platform for future mods.Anyway a sportcar will always ask for more.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks sir yuichi,niky,foresterx,and sir ben_david19

sa mga pinagpipilian ko sa STi,EVO (Black Market 2.7M), GC
    my plan is a STOCK only...cguro mga after 2 years pag indi nkontento saka pa magppamods

ano po kaya sa kanila ang maganda for daily driving..at sa long drive with comfort feeling,performace, and most fuel efficient sa kanilang tatlo pagdating sa long drive even they are not the most effient car. like driving manila to subic, manila to batangas, and the longest i consider manila to davao

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post

my plan is a STOCK only...cguro mga after 2 years pag indi nkontento saka pa magppamods

ano po kaya sa kanila ang maganda for daily driving..at sa long drive with comfort feeling,performace, and most fuel efficient sa kanilang tatlo pagdating sa long drive even they are not the most effient car. like driving manila to subic, manila to batangas, and the longest i consider manila to davao

Welcome Kian2x. Sana magdilang anghel ka na stock siya for 2 years.

Stock, the 3 of them should be good for DD. These cars, specially STI and Evo are softie compared to their previous models, so to me they are good for DD. My WRX is my DD car, never cared about its stiff ride with it's lowering springs. Among the 3, GC might be better then STI and Evo. The last 2 are more performance oriented hence the stiffer ride.

Let's not talk about FC when buying these cars hahaha! STI/Evo will give you 4-6km/l when boosting or say SCTEX hataw, 8-10km/l normal driving below 3000rpm, so an average 6-8km/l mixed hataw and normal driving( this is what I am getting). GC V6 will always gulp petrol even when idling and traffic.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I agree.. fuel efficiency will never be a high point for any of these cars. If fuel efficiency is a necessity, best to stick with a diesel car and be done with it. Secondhand 320d? Good for well over 200 km/h, still gets 20 km/l when driven sanely.

Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    I'm not sure how much power you will gain from a chipped GC V6 with intake exhaust. For sure you can gain more HP and Torque, yes Torque with a turbo car IMO ( around 70-90hp). Yes more expensive but you have the safety and handling of the AWD system vis-a-vis RWD.

Re: the twin tubo kit, definitely yes, but need to change pistons, rods, tranny and a lot more to achieve 500hp. So might end up spending more. And the reliability? Got to wait few more years to get that answered. A 2.0 GC squeezing 320-350whp is more achieavable to what i have read, yet still reliable.

Better get the car with the better platform for future mods.Anyway a sportcar will always ask for more.
    With a full exhaust and a reflash, likely around 260-300 whp. Stock internals can handle well over 400 whp with turbos (it is a nearly 4 liter engine, after all). In either case (480 is the highest I've heard with stock internals on the V6), only time will tell how long either engine holds up under such major boosts in power... some EVO guys are already complaining, since they expect the engines to do 600 hp and some guys are already having issues at 400 hp... ...but all it takes is time and development.

I wouldn't touch the intake on a new car, anymore unless it's been developed with low MAF interference in mind (finally, some aftermarket manufacturers are tackling this... some new AEM intakes are tested specifically to not alter MAF readings or come with electronics that ensure MAF readings are not compromised).

Can't wait to see what else the aftermarket can do with these engines. In five years or so, secondhand GC V6s will be cheap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post

lahat ng choices mo has a bad fc since sports car ang mga yan, out of all your choices gc siguro has the best fc. again the ride will be stiff since it's a sports car also not ideal for daily driving ang mga choices mo. lancer ra lang siguro ang ok sa daily driving jan. sports cars are better for weekend driving lang since maintenance is expensive and fc is bad. if it was me i'd get the gc and what's left i'd get another daily driver like the jazz pasok sa 2.7M na budget. pero if i already have a daily driver i'd get the STi or EVO.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I can't understand the importance of FC sa 'sports car' It would be weird if you're in an Evo cruising at less than 2500rpm tapos may humahataw na Honda Jazz sa tabi mo
    For me, I'll go for:
    1. Subby STi

The gap between STi and the proper Evo X is so big you could literally buy another car in between. I'm partial between the hatchback and the sedan, but I'll go get the sedan for the purist STi look.

2. GC/Lancer Ralliart

If someone tells me, "Sports car" agad nasa utak ko mga Lambo at Ferrari or maybe the occassional Porsche. But doesn't change the fact that it has 2 doors and a sleek profile. As such, I'm not gonna deduct points on GC just because it only fits 5" people in fetal position at the back.

I'd rather have a naturally aspirated 3.8 rather than a turbocharged 2.0. Wala naman tayo tax credits dito eh :naughty2: so I'd get the GC over the Ralliart. It's almost in the same price range (sub 2m) and you can easily tweak both to achieve more whp and torque.

Of course, paglooks habol mo:
    1. GC
    2. Ralliart
    3. STi

Kahit ano gawin mo, eye pleasing talaga mga coupes. There's no denying we swivel our head in traffic pag meron dumaan (especially pag magandang babae nagdrive ). STi looks pretty plain save for the classic engine hood. Plain is either good or bad.. good para di ka awayin ng customs bad paggusto mo ng pickup sa tapat ng SpeedLabs :naughty2:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ang 2011 subaru STi SEDAN po ba ay out of the market na ng motor image philippines???

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2011 STI sedan vs.  Lancer Ralliart vs. GC