New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Patulong po I plan to buy a sports car for mid class and asian brand. I prefered the NEW 2011 STI sedan, Lancer Ralliart and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8.

My qualifications for my new car:
    1. Good Engine reliability and new innovative transmission
    2. Fuel Efficient (fuel consumption)
    3. Good Suspension
    4. More aerodynamic body
    5. performance
    6. Budget (under 2.7M)

i highly consider all your comments, suggestions,and feedbacks...
    it really helped me a lot to deside which is the best of them all..
    BTW im a business man 38yrs old,,really want to engaged to a sport car feeling,,sawa na sa diesel at luxury type sedan which is both MABAGAL
    my present cars are 2010 ford EVEREST 4x4 and 2002 OPEL OMEGA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ayaw mo ng STi hatch ? Cause IMO, the sedan counterpart of the Impreza doesn't look like anything near sporty. It's merely just a normal sedan, for me. Wherein, in the hatchback, you can feel the aggressiveness of the vehicle ....

On the ralliart thing, won't you even consider an EVO X ?

Anyways, my vote would be ... ( in order )

1. Subaru Impreza STi HATCH
    2. Lancer Ralliart ( if this is going to be an EVO X, make this the 1st one )
    3. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

;)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hindi magkalevel ang STi & Ralliart in terms of performance, pero locally sa presyo hindi nagkakalayo.

Re: fuel efficiency, lahat sila makonsumo. Sports cars kasi sila boss, sakit na talaga nila iyan. STi ng classmate ko before 4.x km/L if I remember correctly, 70% city/30% expressway, racing mode whenever possible.

Re: suspension, STi & Evo parehong matagtag. Well, kapag hataw ang patakbo dapat lang na ramdam mo yung road. Hindi pa ako nakasakay ng Ralliart, pero WRX mas forgiving. 230+ hp ito, so mabilis narin.

Re: performance, mas type ko Evo, so kung Ralliart vs. WRX baka maging pareho lang observation ko. Pero since STi vs. Ralliart, STi na kasi mas mataas naman class nito to begin with.

Re: aerodynamics, no idea.

Re: engine/reliability in general, depende sa gamit. Kung racing mode parati, since stressed ang components, magiging mas maaga ang palit ng parts. Kaya if you'll notice 1 yr. warranty lang ang STi. Ang assumption most probably ng MI aabusuhin.

1. STi
    2. Ralliart
    3. Genesis

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Medyo disagree ako ngayon kay brother renz...

I say if you want to pursue with subaru get the impreza sedan STi....I never really like the idea of it going buttless in the first place thats why I was truly dissapointed when the first new generation STi was launched....

if your planning to get the Lancer ralliart naman...as what bro renzo said...I think konting himas nalang sa bank account pwede ka na mag Evo X...but still...the ralliart variant can be a great one to consider if you don't want to exceed your budget....Its the closest thing you can get to an evo X because of those performance toys and with that price...

for the GC naman, well, yeah, ok sya but IMHO 2 door kasi....so if assuming if you have a family and you want them to feel some adrenaline mas ok parin if you have a sedan... Plus, the 3.8 V6 hasn't prove anything yet in the racing scene where is unlike the other 2 brands, history is written all over it...especially with the boxer engine...and with the lancer's 4b11T's relatively young engine design.... if my memory serves me right it already has been used in a handful of rally races since its launch in 2007 abroad so I can say it has proven its worth already..

Hope it helps...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks sir locoroco777, sir ocdmonochrome and sir renzo_d10...

all your comments are highly considered mga boss..

on the side of sir RENZ,,i consired also the HATCH..sa una tlga patay na patay ako sa hatch...e nung one time nka kita ako red 2.0 sedan sa SLEX
    i think im in love with it Sooo much...

you can post some pics of the mods para makapagdeside me kung ano sa kanila pinaka madaling mabilhan ng mods...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^

Hehehe. Sa totoo lang, ayoko ng current generation Impreza ... siguro kung 2.0R, pwede pa. Pero kung STi, I`ll think about it.

Kasi kung STi naman talaga gusto ko, I`ll opt for the 07`s. Mas aggressive looking, mas maganda, simply perfect.

Teka teka, ano ba itsura ng 2011 STi sedan, never seen one yet.

-

07 STi

GOT WHP ?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Some few modded vehicles ... courtesy of Speedlab.

385whp on all four wheels.

--

Lancer EVO.

325 whp and 305 lb ft torque

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Renzo,

Mas makisig pa yung hatch..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post
    Patulong po I plan to buy a sports car for mid class and asian brand. I prefered the NEW 2011 STI sedan, Lancer Ralliart and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8.

My qualifications for my new car:
    1. Good Engine reliability and new innovative transmission
    2. Fuel Efficient (fuel consumption)
    3. Good Suspension
    4. More aerodynamic body
    5. performance
    6. Budget (under 2.7M)

i highly consider all your comments, suggestions,and feedbacks...
    it really helped me a lot to deside which is the best of them all..
    BTW im a business man 38yrs old,,really want to engaged to a sport car feeling,,sawa na sa diesel at luxury type sedan which is both MABAGAL

my present cars are 2010 ford EVEREST 4x4 and 2002 OPEL OMEGA

From how you describe yourself, I might think you may not want a "purist" sports car. You would want something that would give you the taste of a sports/performance car but still have "practicality" of a car that can be driven daily.

My suggestion: Mitsubishi Lancer EX Ralliart.

237hp engine with a six speed DCT transmission and AWD would give you that rush of power & performance, yet the paddle-shift ease of driving it in traffic without wearing out your left leg.

The Lancer EX Ralliart's aggressive look would give you that feel of satisfaction of "intimidation" on the road and in your garage.

PRICELIST:
    http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 17th, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sa itsura vote ko sa lancer ralliart..pero wala ba mazda speed 3 dito? i think this one of the best sports hatch..

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
2011 STI sedan vs.  Lancer Ralliart vs. GC