The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Camry "L" edition

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Maybe, so whats with the sarcasm in TS' car choice? You sound pathetic.
    Well... the ES350 really is a glorified Camry. Sure, it has better materials and build quality (and a better stereo), but is a better interior really worth over a million bucks more?

Pathetic? Forgive me for finding humor in the fact that the guy went online to ask advice, considered his options carefully, and went out and bought something else entirely without reviewing or researching what else was available for the price.

But then, what do I know? I'm still slapping my forehead over the fact that my dad bought a Stavic against my advice (trading in his Starex for it)... and only now is he realizing he liked the Starex more.

Even if some find the ES350 is a glorified Camry, my personal opinion is that its a good alternative to a similar priced C-Class or 3-series especially for people who prefer a more luxurious, less sporty ride. Not that either cars are bad choices also.
    Shockingly, I'll say this: If you're riding in the back seat, the ES350/Camry hands down. The 3-series rear seat is merely passable, and the base model is depressingly bare compared to the Toyota twins. The C-Class has the best combination of ride and handling, but the plastics are so-so in places (I've seen better switchgear on some Koreans)... but again, the front-wheel drive ES350 trumps it in terms of space, features and power like-price to like-price.

For the price of the ES350, he could have gotten a Genesis sedan, which also has great rear seat space (possibly a bit more than the ES), rear wheel drive, parking cameras, adaptive suspension, a better engine, better handling and the looks and size to compete with the LS. Or, if they really wanted Toyota/Lexus quality, they could have taken a look at the Camry before deciding.

BUT: again: the Camry is shockingly luxurious in top-of-the-line Q trim. It's not my cuppa tea (I think the Accord is better... except for the power of the AC when you're sitting in the rear), but it's a great junior luxury car, and I don't think making it 20% better is worth making it 50-60% more expensive.

But: then again, again: their money. Their call what to do with it. Yes, the ES350 is a nice car, but a questionable value.
    Last edited by niky; August 1st, 2010 at 12:06 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... the ES350 really is a glorified Camry. Sure, it has better materials and build quality (and a better stereo), but is a better interior really worth over a million bucks more?

I don't think its for you to decide what's the worth of something unless its your money on the line, diba?

Pathetic? Forgive me for finding humor in the fact that the guy went online to ask advice, considered his options carefully, and went out and bought something else entirely without reviewing or researching what else was available for the price.

Humor is supposed to be funny, sarcasm is another matter altogether. Based on previous messages, obviously TS also considered the BMW and Merc so yes, you sound pathetic

For the price of the ES350, he could have gotten a Genesis sedan, which also has great rear seat space (possibly a bit more than the ES), rear wheel drive, parking cameras, adaptive suspension, a better engine, better handling and the looks and size to compete with the LS. Or, if they really wanted Toyota/Lexus quality, they could have taken a look at the Camry before deciding.

As a Hyundai owner myself, I don't think local Hyundai is ready to offer the complete package for luxury car buyers. Among non-luxury brands, I feel only Subaru offers premium service for not too premium car prices at the moment.

But besides that, how would you know if TS didn't consider the Camry? You talk as if you are stating facts.

But: then again, again: their money. Their call what to do with it. Yes, the ES350 is a nice car, but a questionable value.

So how would you feel if people start making fun of you for throwing away money with a "souped up" Ford Lynx? Anyway, even if felt that way, I still wouldn't say that in your face as basic courtesy to a fellow forumer.
    My point being, no matter how knowledgeable we think we are, it would be nicer if we contribute in a more positive manner. I'm sure we are here because we are interested in cars. Therefore, I don't see the point in bashing other people especially after they've already made their choice.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hmmm.. Kaya ayoko ng Lexus eh. Kasi Toyota parin kahit anong mangyari Nagbayad lang ako ng extra millions para sa "L" Logo at mas mabango na interior.

So 3.5Q Camry nalang.

Pero Congrats parin para sa TS. Panoramic Sunroof din ata yung sa Lexus ES350

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di naman Starex Gold not all models are Toyota clones. Take for example the flagship LS sedan. Ultra luxurious. Even the low end IS. And the popular RX crossover, di naman mga Toyota clones. Yung ES lang talaga ang yung LX ang mga Toyota with L badges...

*ryan

niky is just saying as it is... No need to call people names...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My point being, no matter how knowledgeable we think we are, it would be nicer if we contribute in a more positive manner. I'm sure we are here because we are interested in cars. Therefore, I don't see the point in bashing other people especially after they've already made their choice.
    i concur...

plus, the TS was even nice enough to give everyone an update about the decision. nag iba decision e, so they considered their options based on their standards.

Kahit nga maliit na mods and simple purchases, as forumers, we respect their modifications and decisions e. they just purchased a 3M car. i think the guy deserved no less than a cheer for the new family toy.

just my two cents...

*imperialv, pics naman po! tapos pag nagkasalubong tayo or nagkita, peram!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    tidus: yung Lexus RX galing din sa Toyota Harrier.

Ah tama. Yung Lexus LS walang counterpart sa Toyota. Hehe kaso mas type ko yung Hyundai Equus

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think its for you to decide what's the worth of something unless its your money on the line, diba?
    Which is why I said at the end: their money.

Humor is supposed to be funny, sarcasm is another matter altogether. Based on previous messages, obviously TS also considered the BMW and Merc so yes, you sound pathetic
    Forgive me for being too poor to be included in the conversation.

As a Hyundai owner myself, I don't think local Hyundai is ready to offer the complete package for luxury car buyers. Among non-luxury brands, I feel only Subaru offers premium service for not too premium car prices at the moment.
    The complete luxury package, meaning ridiculously expensive service and a cup of tea while you wait? (Not that Subaru has ridiculously expensive service, mind you... just that the "premium package" in terms of customer service... while nice... often comes with a huge price tag)

But besides that, how would you know if TS didn't consider the Camry? You talk as if you are stating facts.
    Well, let's see what the TS has to say. We see posts like this all the time online. Someone asks about one or two cars, buys something entirely different without even asking about it. To be fair, you're right, I'm not a mind reader.

So how would you feel if people start making fun of you for throwing away money with a "souped up" Ford Lynx? Anyway, even if felt that way, I still wouldn't say that in your face as basic courtesy to a fellow forumer.
    My friends do it all the time. Hey, GH does it all the time online and in person. I just shrug it off. All purchases are personal ones, and I'll be the first to admit my modifications (sans LPG) make absolutely no sense at all for a daily driver.

I'll be the first to admit it: I throw money away. So what? My money. And guess what advice I give to guys doing the same thing with their cars? Don't go the route I went. I went that way out of curiosity and just to see what could be done. You, on the other hand, will be happier with a turbo.

Did I call the TS stupid? Did I say they were insane? No. I even said that the ES350 is a more luxurious car than the 3-series or C-Class. If their decision was purely between the three cars the TS mentioned, they picked the best one. But that doesn't change the fact that the ES350 is a very expensive Camry with a nicer interior and a few more toys. No matter how much Lexus wants to spin it. For some people that's enough. Doesn't make the idea any less funny than the insanely expensive Lexus SUV based on a Landcruiser.

Went through something like that with the Escalade. Uncle bought one. Was not completely satisfied with it. Told his son that you could buy a Tahoe locally for much less money. Which they finally did. Not as nice inside, but it's basically the same car for 2m or more less.

Forgive the schadenfraude (though schadenfraude would indicate that the subject of the joke is unfortunate... if you are rich enough to buy a new ES350 and have actually bought one... you're hardly unfortunate) but it's still funny.
    Last edited by niky; August 1st, 2010 at 10:21 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The complete luxury package, meaning ridiculously expensive service and a cup of tea while you wait? (Not that Subaru has ridiculously expensive service, mind you... just that the "premium package" in terms of customer service... while nice... often comes with a huge price tag)

Car companies are running a business and therefore, will try to price goods as high as they can. As consumers, we have a choice whether to accept or not their products/services. It is that simple.

Did I call the TS stupid? Did I say they were insane? No.
    I didn't even implied you said those unless that's what you were really thinking.

Anyways, you don't seem to get my point. Which is, as basic courtesy to others, let's speak our opinions in a more positive way as we are in a public enthusiast forum.

But if you don't care and would rather make enemies, then it's your call and I rest my case.
    Last edited by ryan; August 1st, 2010 at 01:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sana GS 460 nalang para walang away hehe.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
2010 BMW 320d or 2010 MB C250