New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    peace na po tayo mga boss.

OT
    the lexus ls is based on the toyota crown/ majesta/ sport.
    the 1st gen. lexus is is also the toyota altezza. i don't know if the current IS has a toyota counterpart. (mark 10?, Mark II? still altezza?)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I didn't even implied you said those unless that's what you were really thinking.

Anyways, you don't seem to get my point. Which is, as basic courtesy to others, let's speak our opinions in a more positive way as we are in a public enthusiast forum.

But if you don't care and would rather make enemies, then it's your call and I rest my case.
    I believe you're the one who's not getting the point.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    peace na po tayo mga boss.

OT
    the lexus ls is based on the toyota crown/ majesta/ sport.
    the 1st gen. lexus is is also the toyota altezza. i don't know if the current IS has a toyota counterpart. (mark 10?, Mark II? still altezza?)

The current Lexus IS is cramp inside, not much legroom in the back seats. When I drove it last year, the power delivery is sluggish even with it's big engine. The Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0 actually had better interior space & better acceleration feel than that car. And you can buy that car for a fraction of the price of the IS.

The IS300's exterior and interior doesn't even feel "luxury" nor executive. All it says to me is, "the owner of this car is a gentleman who wouldn't know an engine piston looks like even if it hit him on his head and probably grew up with spare change spilling out of his rear end."

You would be better off buying the entry level Camry as well.

Instead of the Lexus IS300, the Subaru Legacy GT sedan is a better option.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 1st, 2010 at 10:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... the Corolla 2.0 has better power delivery... and the ability to throw you backwards into the bushes if you so much as whisper the words "trail-brake" to it. I really wish Toyota would add the words "rear anti-roll bar" to their vocabulary.

ghosthunter, I apologize if my previous comments started becoming OT as I do not normally comment against other forum members. I can't help but notice niky's sarcastic attitude towards TS AFTER TS has already purchased his new car. Obviously, I'm not against criticism but rather the manner how niky delivered it.

Anyway, I can see that he still doesn't get it and other forumers do not see things the same way I do. There's nothing more for me to add and I guess just live and let live hehe.
    I'm sorry if I seem snide, sarcastic and completely unsympathetic to the threadstarter, in your eyes, BUT:

What is this world coming to if you can't do a little harmless ribbing? I invite you to review my posting history here. I hate it when other members start attacking each other for silly reasons... insult people without knowing them... or start using abusive language.

Let's review: I made a joke about the ES. Did I call the TS names? Did I attack him or abuse him verbally? Did I hurl insults at him? No.

I made a joke.

About a car.

Should I refrain from making squatting dog jokes about the Panamera because someone got paid millions of dollars to design it?

Should I refrain from making overpriced Corolla jokes about the Prius (a car which I actually like) because it's the most popular hybrid in the world and some people I know (on other forums) actually own one?

Should I refrain from calling the various U-turn schemes a pile of unresearched and unscientifically designed garbage because Bayani Fernando might get a heart attack when he finds out people don't like the schemes?

Should I stop bashing the Crosswind to high heaven because owners might get offended? Oh... wait... I drive three of them. And the favorite pastime of us Crosswind owners is to get together and complain about our cars.

*I still can't believe we wasted the extra 400,000 pesos on the XUV over the lower end model... but then, the company wanted an Isuzu, period, and just one... no convert-to-cash for the rest of the money or second car with the change. It was the best compromise we could make. After six years and 190,000 kilometers of driving one, have I changed my mind? No. (super-duper-off-topic-to-the-max!)

If I should refrain from making pointed observations and criticisms about various and sundry inanimate objects, government policies and current events just because someone might actually like them, I would end up not saying very much.

I never attack a person who hasn't attacked me first, I don't berate newbies for typing in text-speak with BIG RED WORDS and I don't play verbal fisticuffs. I do have a few enemies, but they're all annoying trolls who've been banned. :hysterical: I was quite surprised that you personally picked me, of all people, when there are at least a dozen regular members on the board who are ten times as sarcastic, snide and rude as me (I'm still wondering if I'm actually rude).

At least those other guys are not "pathetic". Oh, look. I'm hurt. I'm bleeding, honestly. You should (sob) couch your criticism (sniffle) in a more constructive manner (sob-sob-sob). So as not to offend (sniff) other people. (waaaaah)

Please, take your own advice. Play the ball, not the man. ;) I don't consider you an enemy, because I think it's very noble of you to come to the aid of a person that you see as being attacked, but seriously, you've got to lighten up. It was just a silly sodding joke.
    Last edited by niky; August 2nd, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I've been around the forums for several years and have seen some of your posts that's why I spoke out this time. I can see that you still keep making examples to show your point but don't get me wrong as I'm not against criticism itself. I felt sorry for TS (whom I do not know) to receive harsh negative comments after sharing his recent car purchase.

Looking back, I apologize if I've insulted you beyond my original intention and I'm at fault if I've called you names. I saw your FB profile and you seem like an ok guy. Anyway, even if we don't get along, I do think you write very well.
    Last edited by ryan; August 2nd, 2010 at 12:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've been around the forums for several years and have seen some of your posts that's why I spoke out this time. I can see that you still keep making examples to show your point but don't get me wrong as I'm not against criticism itself. I felt sorry for TS (whom I do not know) to receive harsh negative comments after sharing his recent car purchase.
    I'd actually be interested to know which of my posts piqued your interest or raised your ire. I do try to be as fair and even-handed as possible in my posting, as practice for my writing. Like I said: I try as much as possible to play the ball, not the man, and refrain from fighting with other people, especially in face-to-face (text-to-text) conversation, unless they've antagonized me or someone else to no purpose.

I'd have been more open to the criticism if it was couched in different terms, as you are right... maybe a newbie could find all this joshing a bit shocking if he's not used to the internets (I believe Youtube comments cause more heart attacks than Big Macs)... but imperialv has been here for years and has over 500 posts. He should know the tone of the board by now.

Looking back, I apologize if I've insulted you beyond my original intention and I'm at fault if I've called you names. I saw your FB profile and you seem like an ok guy. Anyway, even if we don't get along, I do think you write very well.
    No problem. I actually agree completely with your sentiment, and took a lot of time to review my post in that light, to make sure I didn't actually come across as too harsh. (I'm terribly self-conscious about saying anything stupid) Yet I still feel that it was mostly harmless.

I'll take your advice into consideration next time.

I think we could get along just fine. I applaud you for speaking your mind, even if it was against me. Let's just keep our arguments clean.
    Last edited by niky; August 2nd, 2010 at 01:13 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sorry guys for not getting back. I was so busy researching about the subaru forester.. For those wondering why.... I'll be getting a subaru forest 2.5 xt this week.. So please no bashing or commenting on this..

Anyway, back to the discussion, actually I don't care about those negative critism about the ES350 even it is a glorified camry... My parents were the one who made the final decision... They were the one who paid for it. Diba at the end of the day, what's important is, YOUR'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION. Actually, the only participation that I made was stopping them in getting an E series or a 5 series... Reason, I'll just keep it na lang with myself just not to open another discussion.

The main reason I asked about which is better simplY because I'm not familiar with european cars and I would like ask our fellow members for there inputs.

*ryan.. Thank you for defending my side...

*niki.. Personally, I was not offended on your remarks. and To be honest, I DON'T CARE .. Anyway, I would also want to thank you for stating your honest opinion.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ganyan talaga. Kahit "Glorified/Expensive Camry" yan, well nabili na eh. Congratulations nalang diba. Happy naman sila. Panoramic nga ba yung sunroof?

Another Congratulations sa Forester XT mo! ;)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *imperialv: I don't think anybody would like to bash the forester

but I guess if someone does, don't take it personally.

we're all entitled to our own opinions

but for me, haha. I think it's a great car
    Last edited by scharnhorst; August 2nd, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    *imperialv: I don't think anybody would like to bash the forester

but I guess if someone does, don't take it personally.

we're all entitled to our own opinions

but for me, haha. I think it's a great car
    hahaha... As i said in my previous posts.. I don't care if somebody will bash my decision to get a forester..

Cheers and peace to everyone

2010 BMW 320d or 2010 MB C250