New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I didn't even implied you said those unless that's what you were really thinking.
    Then how did I come across as sarcastic, and, implicationally (as you seem to think I'm trying to antagonize people) hostile?

Car companies are running a business and therefore, will try to price goods as high as they can. As consumers, we have a choice whether to accept or not their products/services. It is that simple.
    And it's my opinion, in such light, that the thread-starter has bought the automotive equivalent of Perrier water. It's good water, but is it worth that much more than regular water?

Anyways, you don't seem to get my point. Which is, as basic courtesy to others, let's speak our opinions in a more positive way as we are in a public enthusiast forum.
    So... not only do I have to refrain from insulting other members... which I haven't... I'm not the one calling other people "pathetic", mind you... but I also have to couch my criticisms of products in doublespeak to avoid from sounding too critical of them? If you start a thread asking my opinion about Noni Juice, should I say... hey... you just bought Noni Juice... good for you! It's juice! It has vitamins! It costs a little more than other juices! Instead of saying that it's overpriced, oversold and ridiculously overmarketed?

But if you don't care and would rather make enemies, then it's your call and I rest my case.
    I'd rather tell the truth and be known to speak my mind than to be just another yes-man who praises everything to high heaven. Since people trust my opinion when asking car-buying advice, I have to make sure I give as complete, factual and objective an opinion as possible. Like I've said: even if I've personally made such a purchase or used such a product, I will give all the negatives associated with it...

Sorry if a little humor seems *insulting*, as that was surely not my intention. And if I really wanted to make enemies, I'd go around calling people pathetic instead of actually offering helpful advice.
    Last edited by niky; August 1st, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what kind of forum is this gonna turn out if everyone holds back giving their real opinions coz everyone's too careful trying to avoid hurting everyone else's feelings?

puro "yes! yes! "

puro ""

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what kind of forum is this gonna turn out if everyone holds back giving their real opinions coz everyone's too careful trying to avoid hurting everyone else's feelings?

puro "yes! yes! "

puro ""

I agree.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^hehe. otherwise lahat tayo naka khaos STC kung walang criticism

The opinion that the ES350 is an overpriced, glorified camry isn't isolated. I think I've read that from a couple of automotive journalists

same case as with LX570 and the Land cruiser.

there seems to be no justification for the hefty premium over the toyota.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe, so whats with the sarcasm in TS' car choice? You sound pathetic.

Even if some find the ES350 is a glorified Camry, my personal opinion is that its a good alternative to a similar priced C-Class or 3-series especially for people who prefer a more luxurious, less sporty ride. Not that either cars are bad choices also.
    *Ryan

Just an observation...

If people cannot take negative comments, maybe they shouldn't be in the "playground" with the other kids?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

those who can't stand the heat, GTFO of the kitchen

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    ^^hehe. otherwise lahat tayo naka khaos STC kung walang criticism

The opinion that the ES350 is an overpriced, glorified camry isn't isolated. I think I've read that from a couple of automotive journalists

same case as with LX570 and the Land cruiser.

there seems to be no justification for the hefty premium over the toyota.
    And sadly, my previously Escaladed uncle just bought an LX. Oh well... he's still batting above average... anyone who owns an XJR can't be all that bad a judge of cars (mhhmmm... Connolly leather and curly black maple... mhmmm...)...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have personally driven the Lexus ES sedan last year (along with the other Lexus sedan vehicles). Personally I would rather choose to buy the top of the line Toyota Camry than spending the extra money just for the (overpriced) "L" badge. The Lexus ES is simply a Camry with another badge, a few extra toys and a higher pricetag.

I simply shake my head at people buying these overpriced rebadged Toyotas.

I do not get it why someone who is looking for a "prestige" vehicle (to replace an aging Jaguar) would blindly choose the Lexus. Unless there is something more to the story that the TS is not saying... like the family finances has taken a major "downsizing". I personally find it difficult from someone choosing from cars like the Merc, BMW, Audi, Jaguar would "suddenly" go for the Lexus brand.

Given the options, I would have gone for the Merc C250.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

puro "yes! yes! "

puro ""
    Parang yan yung "ala eggman" na posts. Hahaha

Puro nalang

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    *Ryan

Just an observation...

If people cannot take negative comments, maybe they shouldn't be in the "playground" with the other kids?
    ghosthunter, I apologize if my previous comments started becoming OT as I do not normally comment against other forum members. I can't help but notice niky's sarcastic attitude towards TS AFTER TS has already purchased his new car. Obviously, I'm not against criticism but rather the manner how niky delivered it.

Anyway, I can see that he still doesn't get it and other forumers do not see things the same way I do. There's nothing more for me to add and I guess just live and let live hehe.
    Last edited by ryan; August 1st, 2010 at 08:45 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2010 BMW 320d or 2010 MB C250