New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2.4L I4 has 5 speed, you mentioned 6 speed and those are the V6s.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    A friend bought the new Camry. He told me that at low speeds, sobrang hina ng brakes. But malakas naman kumagat yung brakes at high speeds. Was this attributable to one of the Camry's safety features?
    Could it be the brake assist or electronic brake distribution? I think the Camry has these features, Pero yun sa akin low or hi speed pareho lang can't tell the difference.
    Last edited by Camgen6; April 22nd, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    To all of you who made your preferences known, thank you. But just so I know the basis of your choices, may I know why you would chose a Camry over that of the Accord (current or forthcoming)?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wouldn't count on Honda to launch a "2008 Accord" - maybe 2009.

With that, I'd go with the 2007 Camry (in black please). Though for my money I'd rather get a Mazda6 2.3L in a heartbeat.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry for me!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mas prefer ko yung camry dahil para sa akin mas futuristic kaysa current accord.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Camry for me. I still want one badly. v6 3.5 for me please! Power, comfort, looks, luxury, newness, quality, toyota reliability, power everything, manu-matic transmission..... yummy.
    this together with the 530d huh? hehehe! hot cars.

Camry pa rin in this comparo. OT: compared to a 530d? sa BMW ako. hehe! oh if i could only afford one.
    Last edited by IMm29; April 25th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQueen View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers. I intend to buy a midsize car this July (2.4L only) and am in a dilemma as to what to get. I like the Camry's updated styling, nice interior appointments, 6-speed sequential transmission, manual override (seems great from an enthusiast's perspective), but have not had the chance to test it myself. The Accord, on the other hand, is a proven driver's car with good quality interior materials, sporty tuning, and proven high resale value. The only problem I have with the current Accord is that it's kinda "old".

While a redesign of the 2008 Accord looms in the horizon, I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait indefinitely for its arrival (when is it coming out?). Given this situation, should I choose the Camry now or should I wait some more for the next-generation Accord?

wait for the new accord para di ka magsisi sa huli

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i just got my 2007 2.4v camry about a month ago. my previous car was a 2002 2.0L VTi accord, so i guess i am in a unique position to answer your question.

i love the camry's styling---it's modern yet understated, sleek yet elegant. the a/c is arctic cold although the AUTO mode (which is the default mode when you turn it on) tends to go to max fan setting when you start it so you have to lower the fan speed manually all the time. the interior uses top class materials and plush fabrics (with the exception of the awful fake wood). the interior space is generous in all directions, but the rear seat seatback doesn't fold down (because it has a motorized recline feature) which limits ultimate cargo capacity. the back up sensors are very useful but the front corner sensors have limited usefulness and often gives off annoying alarms when pedestrians or cyclists pass by. the ride is firm for a camry, but this results in (surprisingly) flat cornering and very gradual onset understeer. kinda like 80% of a mazda6' handling prowess but with a plusher ride.

unfortunately, not everything has been a bed of roses for me. the day after i got my car, i had to return it for servicing because i noticed that the rear center armrest had a defective lid that was unhinged and did not lock shut. toyota c'wealth replaced it immediately under warranty but it was a surprising quality lapse for such an expensive car. after a few hundred kilometers, i noticed an annoying squeak/rattle coming from the rear parcel shelf, an annoying squeak from the left side of the dash and an intermittent rattle coming frm the center console! i've brought the car to toyota commonwealth 2x already but they cannot get rid of the irritating sounds (fyi, the technician from the casa acknowledged the sounds during our road test, so i am not being overly picky! besides, for P1.65m, i expect perfection at least for the first few thousand kms!). the car is made in thailand so i guess quality is not the same versus cbus made in japan.

my previous car, an '02 accord, did not give me any problems until the day i "retired" it at 5 years old and 80K km on its odometer. the inevitable squeaks and rattles normal to all cars only manifested at 30k km vs my current camry's 1k km! my accord had a softer ride although understeer was much heavier. its interior was more ergonomically designed than the camry but was not as luxurious.

if not for the ungainly styling of the current accord, i would have chosen the accord over the camry just for sheer reliability and excellent engineering, but the pointy bug eyed face and frumpy 80's rear of the accord really turned me off. hopefully, the next accord will have better styling.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Powertool, you obviously are in a unique position to lend your insights and experiences. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I have actually seen, up close, a number of 2.4Vs already. It seems to be the most in-demand variant. I've been meaning to look at the base 2.4G, for comparative purposes, but have not had the luck so far. I, too, am impressed with the luxurious interiors and the curvaceous appeal of the new design. It's appeal is buttressed by it winning "Car of the Year" honors, stateside.

I can understand your decision for going with the new Camry over the slightly updated Accord. Had the Camry come out with the same styling that it had been known for for the past years, my decision would have been easier. For the same price of 1.4 million, I'd get the Accord over the Camry. But, as it is right now, the 2.4v has the edge over the 2.4 Accord.

Could you care to comment some more on your driving impressions? What are your actual fuel numbers? I'll be driving the car daily in mostly city driving, without any passengers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Accord or 2007 Camry