New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello Tsikoteers. I intend to buy a midsize car this July (2.4L only) and am in a dilemma as to what to get. I like the Camry's updated styling, nice interior appointments, 6-speed sequential transmission, manual override (seems great from an enthusiast's perspective), but have not had the chance to test it myself. The Accord, on the other hand, is a proven driver's car with good quality interior materials, sporty tuning, and proven high resale value. The only problem I have with the current Accord is that it's kinda "old".

While a redesign of the 2008 Accord looms in the horizon, I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait indefinitely for its arrival (when is it coming out?). Given this situation, should I choose the Camry now or should I wait some more for the next-generation Accord?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    I like Camry's styling better

Is this the 2008 Honda Accord?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    damn, we are moving to future styling FAST!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's too compact and fat to be an Accord.

Accords are usually wide and proportionally big.

Gulps a LOT of gas though.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003

i hope the asian accord looks a little like that concept...

anyway i'd pick the camry

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend bought the new Camry. He told me that at low speeds, sobrang hina ng brakes. But malakas naman kumagat yung brakes at high speeds. Was this attributable to one of the Camry's safety features?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Camry for me!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if the new accord has this cylinder shutdown thingy,sa accord ako.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
    Is this the 2008 Honda Accord?
    No, thats just a photoshop edited photo of the Honda Sports 4 Concept (hint of a future Acura sedan).

The new Accord Coupe gives us a clue on the basic styling language of the next gen Accord sedan. The front half should be similar, just like the way the Civic Coupe(1st released as a concept) and the Civic sedan have a similar looking front half.

Spy photos of the "prodcution" 2008 Accord Coupe.

Its very close to the Accord Coupe concept.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2008 Accord or 2007 Camry