New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    just a question for other owners of 2007 2.4v camrys:

1) does your dash have the multi color optitron display? mine doesn't even though it is stated so in the brochure.

2) is the camry's 5-speed auto with "sequential" shifting really a sequential shifter like the units found in the mazda3/mazda6 or porshe 911? i was surprised when i first tried putting the lever into "S" mode and the indicator showed "4" even if i was completely motionless (normal sequential shifters would go to "1" or first gear if you shift into manual mode from a dead start). i expected it to have a hard time starting from "4th gear" but it operated like a regular auto trans. when i checked the owner's manual, i learned that "4" is the default mode for the transmission and it means that the trans will operate in full auto but will only shift between gears 1 to 4, effectively cutting out the 5th gear overdrive. putting it in 3 would mean the trans would only move between gears 1 to 3 and so on and so forth. thus putting it in "5" would be like keeping it in "D" right? this is just like an old fashioned auto trans where you manually shift the lever to 4 or 3 to improve acceleration by cutting out the higher gears, but to my mind, this is not sequential shifting where you have full control of when to upshift and (to a lesser degree) downshift.

there seems to be some bad faith on the part of toyota to pass this auto trans off as a sequential tranny. am i right or am i wrong?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
    Is this the 2008 Honda Accord?

No, I just started a thread under "car talk" na may pics ng masked 08 Accord Sedan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    It is apparent that the launch of the 2008 Accord sedan is forthcoming soon, perhaps as early as July in the USA. The spyshots of the sedan have created quite a stir in the forums. It has been described as somewhat looking like the current BMW 5 Series.

While its design is something that will discussed over and over in the boards, I think what is exciting about the latest generation is the new technology that will be applied to the engines. One respected car mag puts the I4's output at 180HP, while that of the V6 at about 240HP. What remains to be seen is the interior. If the competition is to be the benchmark, I think we'll be seeing something that will be as luxurious, ergonomic, functional, and comfortable for the majority of the Accord's target market. Factor in the somewhat famed sporty handling of Honda cars, I think this one will be worth waiting for (in 2008 yet?).

I guess the only challenge left for anyone contemplating a purchase of a mid-size is if he or she can bear the waiting. I say, good luck to us all.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    This is the 2008 Honda Accord vs the 2007 Toyota Camry. From the looks of the Accord, I don't like it. Parang bumulok sya. Naging box type.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by J97 View Post
    Sir, in my opinion, stick w/ the V (1.646m)variant P215k difference from the G (1.431m) variant. if you have seen the V variant, ma-turn off kana sa G (base model).

for P215k difference you have th ff:
    leather seats beige din (fabric na dumihin beige color)
    rear electronic sunshade (G manual sunshade)
    tri color optitron guage (G -optitron not tri color)
    8 way power front seats
    2 way rear reclining electronic seats
    cruise control
    immobilizer (G - alarm only)

hope this helps.

and if you decide on the Camry, pila na kayo. months yata waiting time for a unit.

i've seen the accord, interior wise panalo camry, ang gusto ko lang sa accord, yun buttons (for audio) nya sa steering wheel hindi naka usli unlike the camry na ma pindot mo accidentally. while maneuvering. i hope you understand what i mean .

my choice, 2.4V Camry over the Accord.

Ano ung immobilizer?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2008 Accord or 2007 Camry