New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    :bwahaha: honga eh. gusto kong palitan, pero ayaw ni m2.

btw, nice video. i still remember one time when we went snowboarding in a 4WD Toyota Sequoia. my friend was so pissed off that the little subarus were running circles around his big macho SUV.
    di na papalitan ni m2 yan :evillaugh

4WD Sequoia? Sequoia pa naman ang name pero not worthy of it...

Running Circles = Snow Drift :lol:

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Test drive the Outlander mate!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Di puwede pang rally ang forester kahit ang XT. Pinalambot ang suspension niya for better riding comfort, according to the subaru brochure.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehe. Magandang sign na medyo mainit ang usapan dito. May nakita nga akong survey ng old cars indicating that these 2 are top 2 in reliability eh.

It's also the reason why they were my finalists in a quest for a new CUV.

Konting background muna. Honda loyalist ang pamilya namin since the early 90s. We got our first accord then. We bought it when Honda was relatively new to the car business if not for the motorcycle business. Dati kasi Mitsu loyalist kami before they started going downhill.

Their resale value wasn't really that hot then yet -- I think they were one of the 1st to take in trade-ins para tumaas yung resale value!

Since then, we've had a total of 2 accords, 2 civics, a city, and a CRV. Ganun kami ka-impressed sa reliability niya. While the resale value was a surprise bonus, hindi naman siya ganoon kalaki ng impact kasi we usually keep our cars for 3-6 years.

So I think if you're thinking of disposing your car in 3 years or less, CRV would be the better choice.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Id go for the FOrester if I have the money...
    Magugulat ka nalang. Biglang upper class ang dating mo sa interior ng Subaru.
    CR-V may ***y pose cya di ko lang makita ang pic. But then you'll spend a lot to make your CRV look good. Better settle for a Subbie or Outlander.

Check mo nalang ang maintenance figures ng Subbie at Honda. I think di naman kalayo-layo. Besides kung hindi na ignorante ang iba dyan. Mag su-subaru na yan.

Forester or Outlander? Pwede dalawa?
    Lancer EVO or WRX STi? Pwede ang dalawa?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OTH, when CRV came out with their new models, medyo disappointing ang variants. 4x4 was only in plain vanilla AT na 2.4 and the 2.0 MT wasn't even awd. Parang mas matigas pa ang ride kumpara sa Forester.

So tingin ko kung ride at awd ang mas gusto, Forester has the edge. Mas affordable pa dahil may zero percent interest promo.

Yun nga lang, gusto ko sana 2.0 liter lang (para di masyado mabigat sa bulsa ang gas in case it reaches PHP 100 per tsaka para mas enviro friendly), pero para di mabagal gusto ko sana ng MT or sportronic tranny man lang in addition to 4-wheel drive.

Neither of those cars had it.

I was going to settle na sana for the XT since yung catch lang niya is malakas sa gas which I figured might be offset by the large moonroof I can use to ponder on how to save on gas when I remembered I shouldn't compromise on my car needs dahil baka sa lakas niya sa gas, iwanan ko lang siya sa bahay at gumamit ng sub-compact pang travel. Besides, parang nasikipan ako. Kumpleto features nga, reliable nga, maganda nga ride, kung masikip naman parang di din ako tatagal sa long drive soft roading.

Kaya ngayon, lalagyan ko na lang ng mas malaking gulong (and/or wheel) yung Legacy Wagon. Yun ang balak ko -- AWD, the BEST ride among both of them, CUV space, and Subaru reliability. And the higher ride height should partly offset its soft-roading abilities.

And about the resale value? It's 4-6 years down the road and I figure subbie's growing core of loyal fans'll probably cause the price to go up even if just a little. I haven't met a single guy who's test-driven their higher end models who hasn't raved about it. OTH, Honda's recalls can't help but be noticed by 2nd hand car buyers from here on in.

Parts and on-road breakdowns? Actually, with proper maintenance, I've never had an on-road breakdown with ANY of our Hondas before and I wouldn't expect less from THE OTHER most reliable old car.

IMHO, GM's sell-off of Subaru was a GOOD thing. Other than the fact that I've never been impressed by GM, this Motor Image group seems so hell-bent on super reliability, super features, and aggressive marketing that I can't help but compare it to Honda itself -- when it was still starting out.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Id go for the FOrester if I have the money...
    Magugulat ka nalang. Biglang upper class ang dating mo sa interior ng Subaru.
    CR-V may ***y pose cya di ko lang makita ang pic. But then you'll spend a lot to make your CRV look good. Better settle for a Subbie or Outlander.

Check mo nalang ang maintenance figures ng Subbie at Honda. I think di naman kalayo-layo. Besides kung hindi na ignorante ang iba dyan. Mag su-subaru na yan.

Forester or Outlander? Pwede dalawa?
    Lancer EVO or WRX STi? Pwede ang dalawa?

hehehe. Bad ka ha. You want your cake and eat the chef! hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I always choose performance over looks.

I'd choose a Subie over a Honda anytime.

+1

and i love the growling sound of the boxer engine than your common vtec

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by totoyap8 View Post
    For me, its all a matter of personal taste. if crv had the engine and drive layout of a subaru. it sell millions more. but nobody's perfect i suppose. For me its a CRV hands down. after all if you really want a speed machine, get a mitsu evo or a WRX not a forester.

Forester is the only rally-bred SUV in the market. its on the Impreza platform, so its like driving an SUV and a car at the same time with almost the speed, ride and handling all in.

oh, it the Forester STI is just at par with its brother Impreza STI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T5q7qCoZ80
    Last edited by yuichi; April 2nd, 2007 at 05:17 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
2007 Honda CR-V or Subaru Forester