New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi Guys appreciate your feedback on both cars? which is better? thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Im a very practical person, for me its either (old) Benzes or (new) Toyotas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If you want a worry free car then go with the Altis.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Altis sir, un mga naunang altis di ganun kaganda pero tong huli ok na ok un design, kahit anong kulay piliin mo sir maganda talaga

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    if you want a super tipid car.... Accent crdi ka na....

if fuel cost is not an issue..... sa ALTIS ka nalang....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    kung brandnew, wait for the new altis nalang. alam ko magkasunod sila ng vios ilalabas. june na yung vios. but if FC is really important to you, accent nalang. tsaka if space matters, masmalaki altis.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Dyan tayo nagkapareho Francis, although pag van na ang pinaguusapan Starex lang ako.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Old (but good condition) Benzes. I always remember the saying, "there's nothing more expensive than a cheap Benz". :D

Depends on your needs. The Accent will be thriftier and have more power due to it's 1.6L CRDi engine. If you drive solo always and want a good sleeper then this is a good choice, especially since it's cheaper than the Altis 1.6V.

For long term ownership and overall comfort, the Altis has a good edge. If you love cruising, doing a relaxed drive and carry passengers more often then this is more comfortable to have. In the end, it's also a bigger car with tried and tested quality, service is pretty straightforward and is proven to age well in the long run if you keep cars for many, many years (this last item is just a personal opinion).

It's a hard choice if you ask me. The reviews on the Accent power and efficiency, and perhaps the hatchback design for some, really makes you think well about it but it's still a class below the Lancer, Altis and Elantra if you look at the pricing which overlaps already. The size, comfort and relative safe ownership of the Altis still has a big value and heck, if Toyota could just figure a way to bring in the D4d powered Altis then that would seem to be a sweet deal.

Try to get a test drive of both vehicles if you may.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boogie18 View Post
    Hi Guys appreciate your feedback on both cars? which is better? thanks a lot!
    The Corolla Altis would be the better long term car. The Accent CRDi will be more expensive to maintain long term due to its diesel engine. What savings you might have on the cost of fuel would be offset to the higher maintenance cost of the turbo-diesel engine.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the inputs Guys!

thought of waiting for the new Altis sana but based on my budget i doubt i could affor the totl altis if ever, no kc malaki na discounts...

leaning towards the atlis based on comfort and peace of mind i guess... hopefully FC and cost isnt too bad specially that im coming from a vios that gets me an average of 12km/l...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast