New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Taxi operators went back to Toyota Vios after trying out the Hyundai Accent diesel. Accents are not sturdy enough for taxi use, under chases parts are weaker.
    What about the crdi engine? Okay naman ba sa kanila?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erobles View Post
    What about the crdi engine? Okay naman ba sa kanila?
    i have a taxi unit accent crdi. at 130,000 km ang pinalitan ko palang is auxilliary fan assembly worth P2700(oem).suspension parts still intact.
    regular maintenance na lahat like replaced/changed brake pads(P500.00), fuel filter every 20k km(P800.00 oem), air filter (P140), aircon filter ( P140), clutch disc (P2150 oem), pressure plate (P1800 oem), release bearing (P630 oem). and egr cleaning every 20k km DIY

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    San gasolinahan ka sir nagpapa refill ng diesel?

Sent from my Lenovo P700i using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erobles View Post
    San gasolinahan ka sir nagpapa refill ng diesel?

Sent from my Lenovo P700i using Tapatalk 2
    usually my drivers gas up from the big 3. recently lang yata sila nag try sa unioil. for my crdi 2012 kia carnival and 2008 kia carens sa unioil ako madalas.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Mag Altis ka na..without hesitation..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    mahirap ba talaga maintenance ng turbo diesel??

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quite an eye opener as I always thought the Accent CRDI would represent value for money due to the cheaper fuel and relatively better FC. I think I'll stick with my Altises then.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by zaineth View Post
    Maintenance yes, fully synthetic oil dapat kasi may turbocharger. And you don't want your turbocharger to choke on mineral oil kasi the turbo alone will costs 50k minimum.

2nd - Vibrations, vibrations, vibrations. Mas maraming rattles ang diesel kapag tumagal.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zaineth View Post
    ano mahirap sa oil changes? the more regular fuel filter change isn't too difficult also..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I think this has something more to do with the Accent being a Korean vs Toyota, hindi diesel vs. gasoline. Both cars have their merits, I own an Accent diesel & I like the looks of the Altis. Your choice of engine will depend a lot on how you plan to use it. If it is for short city stop & go, the Altis will be the logical choice. If you go long, continuous distances most of the time, then the Accent diesel it is for you. Diesels need a 20 sec warm up & a 1 min cool down, more oil & more frequent pms than the gasoline. Diesels will take you longer on a full tank than the gasoline & the engine of the accent is quiet for a diesel. And if you do have a diesel used in the city, you will have to take it out for a long 40 min drive every 2 weeks at least, just to keep the turbo healthy. John Cadogan has more info in YouTube.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast