New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Helo Sir Niky, Iread somewhere re the accent but couldn't remember exactly at what site.. Sorry

Ano po fc ng mazda2? I get different info from diff users...

Btw, isn't alto a 3 cylinder engine? are they reliable?
    The problem with the Accent before was the engine knocking issue, so many people shied away from it. But now Hyundai has given an ECU update so that the problem is resolved. Now there's nothing particularly wrong with it . I'd get the Accent due to the fact that it is the most powerful in the lot which means you get good city AND highway gas mileage even if you decide to go faster when you get an urgent call from nature while running in the expressway in the middle of nowhere.

I'd agree with bro niky about the Vios's interior and suspension. The interior is plasticky, the dash-mounted cupholders, though ingenious, look tacky, and everything is hard. The seats lack support and are a bit small. I've seen many loaded Vios's squatting on the ground too. I find visibility a bit of a problem too especially for taller folks due to the low roof and sharp windshield rake. So it goes without saying that headroom is a bit lacking, and so is backseat space.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung kasama ang 1.4L, Accent na `ko.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    OT po...

Aside from FC...

In consideration of a brand new car would cost around 600T.... would a 2005 rav4, 45t mileage at 450T be comparable, more reliable or more favorable?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Comparable in terms of price? Yes.

Comfortable? Relatively. The old RAV4 was a bit "matagtag", but it has good space.

Reliable? Errh... at that age... the engine will be okay, but everything else won't.

Mazdamazda (former mod here) has had to replace a lot of things on their RAV4. They've had suspension, driveshaft and trim issues. Not any different from your typical car of the time, but parts costs for the RAV4 are higher than for the Corolla of the time.

If you get a fresh unit, you can go for a year or two with no issues.

But that's a big "IF", most units are not fresh.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks Sir niky,

I saw the unit and for me (a novice), still looks fresh...

I'm kinda like it coz it's a rav4, value is higher than a car, and taller (easier to get in / out) than cars...

how do I check for freshness in a used vehicle?

by the way, accent is 100t cheaper than vios E pala.. that's worth to take note..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *TS: So you're open to 2nd hand units din? If you're looking for fuel efficient and tall vehicles, for 600-700k budget you can get the 1st gen Tucson CRDi, Innova D4D, Carens CRDi and some Everest 2.5TDCi's. Lahat ito mataas, matipid, malakas humatak and proven reliable.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I'm kinda like it coz it's a rav4, value is higher than a car, and taller (easier to get in / out) than cars...
    For a taller vehicle having a 1.3 engine, you may also try the 1.3 Avanza.
    Still within your price range of 600K++...

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    For a taller vehicle having a 1.3 engine, you may also try the 1.3 Avanza.
    Still within your price range of 600K++...
    Ayun oh!! Pwede ang Avanza 1.3 J. Nearly forgot about it. Pag 1.3 kasi naiisip ko sedan at hatchback.

But remember, don't expect too much

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mga sir ok din yung suzuki jimny 1.3 din sya pero 4x4 no problem sa baha at sa mga lubak sa metro, at alam ko 9-11 k/l sya city driving.

eto po pix

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the input... actually 700T max budget...

Having doubts on 2nd hand not unless if it would reasonably cheap (as I find the rav4 quite cheap na)..

I was opting vios / city... but then mazda2 and accent came into this thread.

I find mazda2 prices quite high as w/ city...

Due to heat lately, w/c unit's aircondition is most reliable?

Isn't avanza 1.3 a gas guzzler since having heavy body?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
1.3 variants