New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    hello,

Among 1.3 engine variants available here in philippines.. what unit would you consider the top 2??

Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Honda City, Toyota Vios...

Can you please elaborate more on what you want

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Brand new? Second hand market?

But among the 1.3L vehicles available, I'd pick the Toyota Vios and the Honda City. Because of the obvious reasons.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Honda because of its looks and obvious reason.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Do you mean cars in the 1.3L subcompact class? Does that include 1.4's? Kung 1.3 lang, City then Vios. Kung kasama 1.4, Accent then City.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's the Vios, City, Jazz and Mazda2 hatchback.

There's also the Lifan 320i and the Chana Benni.

Then there's the i10, whose top-end variant is 1.25 liters.

Personally, my favorite is the Mazda2 hatch. Great fuel economy, lovely to drive, very simple, very light car with lots of personality.

Of course, you shouldn't limit your choices to an arbitrary number. The Accent at 1.4 liters is better and cheaper than the Vios, and has more space than the Honda City and Jazz, which are the most practical (but expensive) 1.3s on the market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Fuel efficient and reliable po bo ang mazda2?

Criteria would be fuel efficient (since it's 1.3 / 1.4) and reliable....

I read some reviews on accent, most still favors vios over accent parin.. but for me, accent looks better...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What reviews?

The Accent has much, much, much, MUCH better interior plastics than the Toyota Vios 1.3. It has a better shifter. It has better controls. It has a much bigger back seat, better seat support and a much bigger trunk than the Vios.

It also has much more power.

Both cars have suspensions that are too soft. The Accent is a bit boaty, but then, put three people in the back seat of a brand new Vios and it'll be squatting down on the ground, too.

The ONLY thing the Vios has over the Accent is that there are a million Vios taxis plying the metro, so you have a wide variety of non-Toyota maintenance parts available. But that's it. I'd trust cheap replacement parts about as far as I could throw them. Cheap bushings and replacement rubber almost always fail twice as early as original ones.

There is no objective measure by which a Vios is better than an Accent. It might be more economical, but nobody has put them side-by-side in a city traffic test to find out yet. Then again, if all you want is fuel economy, get an Alto. 17+ km/l guaranteed.

-

RE: Mazda2 1.3: Im my driving, same fuel economy as a 1.3 Toyota. Because the car is much, much lighter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Helo Sir Niky, Iread somewhere re the accent but couldn't remember exactly at what site.. Sorry

Ano po fc ng mazda2? I get different info from diff users...

Btw, isn't alto a 3 cylinder engine? are they reliable?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    OT lang po:

Hyundai EON kung dadalhin sa pilipinas.
    800cc ang makina, maganda review sa india where I am now. Hyundai said na mas matipid keysa alto. 20+KM/ltr. daw. Di lang alam kung sa manila road / traffic condition kung ano ang kalalabasan..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
1.3 variants