New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GTI, it seems you speak highly of these korean vans.

Re the Kia Carnival, are all these locally made? Whats the diff between the Sedona or other models(Park, etc)? I had a friend who once had a Carnival and he had trouble with the spare parts. Why dont I see more Carnivals like the Starex?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    GTI, it seems you speak highly of these korean vans.

Re the Kia Carnival, are all these locally made? Whats the diff between the Sedona or other models(Park, etc)? I had a friend who once had a Carnival and he had trouble with the spare parts. Why dont I see more Carnivals like the Starex?
    Yes, I speak highly of these Korean vans because as I've ridden both these and their Japanese counterparts, I find them to be a lot more refined, comfortable, upscale and powerful.

No, all Korean cars are CBU Korea, nothing is done here. Like the Starex, many Carnivals are bought from the grey market so there are the those badged as the Sedona and various others, the difference is just the engine (some may have V6 gasoline engines or TDI engines) and the level of equipment. The reason why there are fewer Carnivals than Starex's is because the Carnival's A/T is known to fail prematurely. So always stay with M/T Carnivals. I'm sure there should be enough spare parts considering the number of Carnivals on the roads, though it may not be as abundant as the Starex. Parts stores in Banawe specializing on Korean cars should have them. Look on the Carnival/Sedona thread in the Kia section for more information.
    Last edited by GTi; April 12th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I strongly recommend the Starex AT but the Crosswind XTO AT is also a good choice given that your family and not your driving pleasure is its main purpose.

The XTO is sturdy, fuel efficient and has about every space your family needs.
    +1 on the XTO.

Crosswinds are bulletproof. Easy & CHEAP to maintain. And has the space that you need.

It's faster too than the XUV/i & Sportivo variants since it's lighter compared to those said three.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Too much of korean car fanboyism...

Yung lumang Carnival bulok. Sirain.

Starex TCi nalang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Starex TCi nalang.
    Chevrolet Venture nalang.

Joke.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Starex TCi nalang.
    Bukod sa A/T nun, ano pa ang sirain? Yung facelifted first gen. ang itinutukoy ko ah. Does the facelifted 1st gen already use CRDi? I'm curious. One of my relatives is also considering this car kasi. So I'd like to know more about it.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Chevrolet Venture nalang.

Joke.
    Best ride quality in its class. Pero worst maintenance and unreliable car. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Bukod sa A/T nun, ano pa ang sirain? Yung facelifted first gen. ang itinutukoy ko ah. Does the facelifted 1st gen already use CRDi? I'm curious. One of my relatives is also considering this car kasi. So I'd like to know more about it.
    Timing belt isa pang sakit ng Carnival.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the 1999 Starex Intercoolers? What differs them from the 2000-2003 millenium Intercoolers?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pwede na rin. Pero mas maganda yung millenium series. Wala naman difference sa engine at suspension.

Exterior at interior lang may difference.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    headlighht,tail light,mags saka bullbar lang yata diff nila

saka decal sa body

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Used Van for P350k