New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am looking for a 2nd hand van, AUV or SUV for my growing family. Me, my wife, my 3 kids(10year old, 8year old and 3year old) and sometimes my mother or my wife's mother come along for a ride. My tight budget is 350k to slightly higher, say up to 380k. My wife sometimes drives also, so she prefers matic.

I am looking at some prospects:
    1. Toyota - REVO VX200, Avanza or if available Innova J
    2. Mits - Adventure, Spacegear, Serena
    3. Hyundai - Starex(intercooler models)
    4. Honda - CRV (2nd generation)
    5. Japan surplus - Granvia, El grand, Serena, Pajero, Hiace

What will fit my needs? In terms of fuel efficiency & repairs, what is the best? I also would want a van which can handle some long travels (Pampanga, Tagaytay, Subic and once a year Baguio)

We have a 01' Honda Civic VTI-S and I am having a hard time fitting all of us.

Thanks in advance for helping me and my family.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    serena is nissan, not mitsubishi.

try mo hanap local pajero 2nd gen. baka 400k meron na. konting dagdag na lang sa 380k max budget mo. if may makita ka, yun na kunin mo.

sa list mo ill prolly get the revo vx200. in brown or blue. :D or the 2nd gen CRV na walang borloloy.

innova J sana kaso parang wala ata less than 400k nun yet?

avanza, X mo na yan sa list. lalo na kung J din lang makukuha mo which is too bare and tagtag, revo vx kana lang.

also ill pick spacegear over a starex that costs 380k and less. i dont know lang which model pero ill stay away with the early model starex.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    actually sa 350k price range mayroon ng mga local 2nd gen pajero eh. may mga nakita ako dating nagtitingin-tingin ako ng tsikot sa mga buy-and-sell sites. tiyagaan lang!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

RevO or Adventure should be good value-for-money options for you (Wala lang nga yatang A/T na Adventure earlier)....

12.7K:fart1:

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

RevO or Adventure should be good value-for-money options for you (Wala lang nga yatang A/T na Adventure earlier)....

12.7K:fart1:
    Mga gasoline variants ng Adventure meron..

If I were you (the TS), forget about the Japanese surplus, sakit lang yan sa ulo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get an advie or revo diesel IMO. The gen 2 paj is ok if you can find a really good mechanic that will help you check. Kahit JDM paj ok din basta marunong ka lang tumingin at mag-check.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, you should cross out the Honda CRV (2nd gen) from your list. This suv has a thirst for gasoline and with the current cost of fuel, it might leave your wallet empty. Ironically the 1st gen CRV has better fuel economy.

But even then, the seating capacity of the CRV is roughly same as a Civic but with only better cargo space.

Your better options about be the Innova J or Hyundai Starex. (I am assuming you are choosing the Innova diesel.)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Get a Revo 1.8 SR in white. I like the SR better than the VX200. Because IMO the SR looks more up to date than the VX 200.

If you can have M/T get an Adventure at least it's still sold in the market.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you for all who replied.

The more popular choices are Revo, Adventure and the 2nd gen Pajero.

If I get the diesel variants of the said choices, I have some concerns. Do diesel engines have lifespan of 5 years only? After, malakas na usok and overhaul should be done?

What are some of the differences between the Revo VX200 and the SR models?

How much are 2nd hand 1.5 Avanza's A/T? Is it better than the choices, FC & repair wise?

And what is the JDM Pajero?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    Thank you for all who replied.

The more popular choices are Revo, Adventure and the 2nd gen Pajero.

If I get the diesel variants of the said choices, I have some concerns. Do diesel engines have lifespan of 5 years only? After, malakas na usok and overhaul should be done?

What are some of the differences between the Revo VX200 and the SR models?

How much are 2nd hand 1.5 Avanza's A/T? Is it better than the choices, FC & repair wise?

And what is the JDM Pajero?
    1. It's not true, if you maintain it properly, your diesel engined car can withstand years.

2. The VX200 is the luxury version of the Revo, the top of the line. It has two headrest monitors, leather seats, DVD player, chrome appointments, etc. The SR (short for Sports Runner) is the second to the highest trim variant of the Revo. It does not have leather seats, dvd player, etc. But fits your needs to a t

3. The price of the Avanza 1.5 is usually in the range of P450T-550T. If you do long road trips all the time, the Avanza is not a good choice, but maintenance and FC wise, it is on par with dieseled variants of the Adventure.

4. The JDM Pajero is, well, the Pajero sold in Subic, Cagayan, and Cebu. Usually converted, has different exterior appointments than local variants. So as much as possible, avoid.

Since you've mentioned AT is preferable, I suggest you take a look on the Isuzu Crosswind. It has AT variants.

Happy Shopping!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Used Van for P350k