New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Just like what //Mpower said, if it gets you from point A to point B, why worry about what people are gonna say or think about you? they will not offer to give you a ride so just be thankful that you have a car no matter what brand or year it is.

I've had mine for a little over 2 years and planning to keep it for a long time so I really don't give a flying crap about resale value.

Don't feel bad about your car. You bought it to drive it, not to impress your neighbors.
    Last edited by tinky; May 9th, 2007 at 06:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    instead of focusing on the resale value, focus on what you like about the car. focus on its ride, maintenance, comfort and practicality. buy a car that would suit your needs because no matter what resale value you have you won't be able to beat the depreciation of your car.

para sa akin iyong kaisipan na honda binili ko kasi mabebenta ko ito ng mataas in due time is oh well not true most of the time.. kung ikaw iyong tipong maselan sa pera mas magandang gawin, kuha ka na lang ng sasakyan na swak sa budget mo, comportable at safe ka at iyong naisave mo dahil hindi ka bumili ng mamahalin na kotse (na ang example natin ay Honda) ay gamitin mo sa negosyo or iinvest mo. Yan, mas kikita ka pa. Once na magkaron ka ng sasakyan maski ayaw mo meron ka ng butas sa bulsa unless pinapaayos mo ito kay Mommy or Daddy. :-)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rational people will come to the conclusion that resale value shouldn't matter, so long as the car is solid. then again, most of the people who buy cars aren't exactly millionaires. and where there's (limited)money involved, all rational thinking goes out the window B)

i daydream about getting the current sentra GS...but, knowing my thought process, i'd probably end up with an altis

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. resale value is important if you are only planning to hold your vehicle for at most 5 years. but it is not, if you are planning to hold on more than that.

depreciation factor and ROI kasi ang main factors nyan eh.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your replies are all correct. I hope that all people who have cars think the same way as you do. I don't really mind the resale value. Sana the next time I see someone I know hindi na sasabihin sakin. "BAKIT KIA BINILI MO. e ANG BABA NG RESALE VALUE NYAN."
    I don't care. I Love my car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    Sana the next time I see someone I know hindi na sasabihin sakin. "BAKIT KIA BINILI MO. e ANG BABA NG RESALE VALUE NYAN. I Love my car.
    kapag sinabihan ka ng ganyan, tell them fuuck off and mind their own business

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For me it is "somewhat" important but it is at the bottom of my important list when choosing a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    kapag sinabihan ka ng ganyan, tell them **** off and mind their own business
    Hehehe I like that!!! that's right its you who drives it not them.

Hey if I own a Kia I'll be proud. I could care less what other people has to say.
    Last edited by Camgen6; May 9th, 2007 at 09:24 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    30% of the deciding factor for most Filipino car buyer would matter on what the neighbor would think.

1. Kailangan Mainggit sila
    2. Must be more expensive to their unit as much as possible
    3. Must be newer model.
    4. must have better stuff hanging on its rearview mirror

hehehehehehehe

Oh and I know some people who has brand new car but they wont try to use it and would prefer the old one.

I ask why?

their reason was.

"Para hindi mataas ang mileage at maging maganda resale value"

I think its dumb to deprive yourself just so you can sell your car to some stranger and be proud telling him, "hey its low mileage!"

a 50,000mileage and 100,000mileage same car same year car would only have a very small difference in their 2nd hand value.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree sa lahat! me, I don't care about resale value too coz i use my car 'til it's run to the ground. and let the doubters think that way so it would benefit rational 2nd hand car buyers like me! hehe. and if i bought a car for prestige or pangyabang, i would get a bmw or merc. otherwise, all brands are the same econo boxes meant to get you from point a to b. bumili ka naman ng auto para isatisfy sarili mo e, hindi iba. at least iwas carnap/carjack ka pa hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Resale value is important if: like they said if you’re going to keep it in a
    short term basis, kahit laspagin mo yan within 2 or 3 years basta walang
    visible damaged sa body and interior sulit. But in your case wala silang
    pakialam, hindi mo yan binili para sa kanila. Para sa iyo yan.. sabihin mo na
    lang marami kang pera kaya hindi importante sayo ang resale value..

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Is resale value really that important?