New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^the latest vios has a bigger body compared to its predecessor and basically the same engine

Bigger body are aerodynamically more inefficient and heavier as well

Thats why

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ but i doubt he's talking about the latest vios release

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

3. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by goodvibes8888 View Post
    i think the old starex is better

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-650M using Tapatalk
    We are also considering Starex kaya lang medyo bulky. How about Previa or Venture?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticxz View Post
    Hello mga tsikoteers, first time ko po bibili ng 2nd hand car as my 1st car. I'm looking for 2012-2014 models ng Vios 1.3E AT or City 2009 - 2011 AT models. Need tips po kung ano mas okay na model na imaintain.

1. I will use it po for casual driving. Kasi I'm working at manila at kapag nasa batangas lng ako tsaka ko sya gagamitin. Meaning every weekend.

2. In terms of FC and maintenance alin po ang mas madali at mas mura I maintain.

3. Since first time ko po bibili, ano po mga docs na need ko kunin sa seller? (OR/CR, DOS, etc). Although, feeling ko sa 2nd hand dealer na lang ako kukuha para complete docs na.

4. Any other model na pwede pong include sa choices?? Thanks po sa lahat ng inputs.
    So basically you are looking for a weekend car. Not something for the daily commute. This means you can afford to get a more "fun" car as opposed to the most fuel efficient but "boring" car.

Go for the City. The 1.5 even, if budget permits. Since you said that you'll be using it in the province, with a light foot, FC will still be more than decent. 85hp 1.3 plus old school 4AT means only so-so FC for the Vios along with underwhelming performance should you gun it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedette View Post
    Hi guys,

Im in the market for a second hand 7-seater. Since im low on budget, im looking at the 2003 Kia Carnival, Nissan Serena or Mazda MPV. I need some advice on fuel consumption, parts availability and durability.

Thanks!
    The 1st gen Carnival is cheap. So very dirt cheap in fact that I am wary as to how well it will hold up. There have been stories before about reliability issues especially with regards to the automatic transmission.

The Mazda MPV has the same engine as the 1st gen Ranger/Everest. Not so sure if the rest of the parts are just as readily available though since it was only sold in limited numbers.

Nissan Serena is nice. Comfy and decently powerful. But FC is not very good. Some Japan surplus units come with the Navara's YD25 engine. But then of course you have to deal with the typical conversion problems (A/C, steering, brakes, front suspension) if you're unlucky.

The 1st gen Starex also fits in this price bracket, I believe. At least get the "turbo intercooler" version. Guaranteed parts supply anywhere in the long run and guaranteed mechanic familiarity. Its not particularly known for durability, but at least it'll be cheap to fix and run.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

Grab cars travel 200-250kms, 14-16hrs a day... Pag days a week.

That's how we know...

I've been with Grab/Uber since 2014. I've tried almost all sedans, except Volkswagen

That's why we know.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017

The latest Vios has the same engine, only new shell.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^the latest vios has a bigger body compared to its predecessor and basically the same engine

Bigger body are aerodynamically more inefficient and heavier as well

Thats why

The latest Vios' (after Superman) body is smaller, cabin, headroom, and leg room are smaller that Vios Superman.

Engine and most parts are the same, except the shell.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^The shell or the exterior affects the aerodynamic property of the car not the interior..drag is the force that is opppsite to the direction of the movement of a car..more drag means more fuel you need to burn

More weight requires more energy to move one object from one point to another. Hence, heavy cars are more thirsty on the fuel

Those are the laws of physics not toyota marketing

This is comparing old body vios with the latest body of a vios

Last edited by kisshmet; January 7th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009

Gamit sa uber di ba..so latest vios lang ang pwede

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast