New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    More carbon deposits due to our diesel quality. Yes, even if fuel companies already have Euro 4 diesel here, it's still not up to par with more advanced countries.
    Thanks!

A bit OT: if priority is better NVH
    Altis
    Vios
    Accent

And how far apart are they in terms of nvh?
    Thanks!

Sent from my E5553 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    You should check what tires the casa provides stock. It has big effect on road noise. Assuming they have the same tires I think the vios would be just a bit more quiet.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    You should check what tires the casa provides stock. It has big effect on road noise. Assuming they have the same tires I think the vios would be just a bit more quiet.
    The Toyota brand is known for low NVH.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    sir paano kapag nastuck sa traffic? people saying na hindi pede ma idle yung crdi engine for a long time what will happen to the engine?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinXYX View Post
    sir paano kapag nastuck sa traffic? people saying na hindi pede ma idle yung crdi engine for a long time what will happen to the engine?
    Just get the accent! Wala tayo magagawa sa traffic.
    Di naman masisira yan kapag na traffic ka.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinXYX View Post
    man you worry too much. mamamatay kang maaga nyan kung lahat kinukunutan mo ng noo.

simple lang naman ang solution sa engine na matagal nag-a-idle. italian tune up. e sa nlex naman lagi daan mo e di iharurot mo kahit 2 kilometro lang. drive it like you stole it, tanggal carbon deposits nyan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Vios costs 778k, while the Accent costs 848k, a difference of 70k. In mixed provincial driving, the Vios can do about 12 km/L, while the Accent can do 17 km/L (my experience is 12.5 and 17.5 when I travelled in convoy with my GF's dad's Accent).

If you travel around 15,000 km per year, with the cost of diesel at 28 and gasoline at 40, you will have savings of 25k per year, allowing you to make up for the higher cost of the Accent in less than 3 years. If you travel more than 15k km per year, it will take even less time.

Aside from fuel savings, the Accent is also much more powerful than the Vios. The Vios feels strained when overtaking with 4-5 passengers on board, while the Accent is an effortless pocket rocket.

What I don't like about the Accent is its cheap interior compared to the Vios. I'm not a fan of its carbon fiber-like finishing, and prefer the black and silver treatment of the Vios. I've noticed that the Accent also bottoms out more easily when fully loaded compared to the Vios.

And then there's also the comparison of Hyundai vs. Toyota. PMS costs are more expensive with Hyundai (even if you take into consideration the higher volume of oil required by the Accent). Warranty claims also seem to be more difficult - I have never had problems claiming warranty from Toyota, while many horror stories have been shared about Hyundai. Of course, if you have your maintenance outside of the dealership, these should not be a concern. I do think that for a first time car owner, it's better to have your car casa-maintained, at least for the duration of the warranty period.

Lastly, the Vios will definitely have better resale value and greater parts availability in the long run. Many people don't consider this, but as I know first-hand the difficulty of maintaining a non-Toyota (I have a 2004 Mazda 3), I appreciate having cheap and available replacement parts.

Overall, I still think the Accent is a better buy for you - more efficient, more powerful, more suited for highway driving. Good luck.☺

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Vios - Average
    Altis - one the best in it's segment..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Thanks!

A bit OT: if priority is better NVH
    Altis
    Vios
    Accent

And how far apart are they in terms of nvh?
    Thanks!

Sent from my E5553 using Tapatalk
    Malayo Altis sa Vios and Accent. Between the Vios and Accent I prefer the Vios' NVH though it's not really a deal-breaker vs. the Accent.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Toyota gets my vote, i borrowed my brother in law's vios for a few days, its compitent, btw, binanga pla ako ng patrol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast