New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    hello guys first time buying a car need your input about the two models, mostly nlex to manila ang way ko balikan, what is the better choice among the two? advantage? disadvantage?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hmmm...

Gas vs Diesel...

Since you're travelling at NLEX, I would normally vote for the bigger engine... But the other "bigger engine" option is a diesel...

Vios will give you better resale value plus it has a tested engine, easy to maintain and parts are available everywhere.

How long do you plan to keep the car and do you have expereince in owning a CRDi turbo engine?

Personally, I hate how Korean cars do not age well... But that's just me comparing the looks of the cars.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Hmmm...

How long do you plan to keep the car and do you have expereince in owning a CRDi turbo engine?

planning keeping it until 5 years, no experience on crdi sir but i heard you need to wait 3-5 mins for the engine to warm up and same when turning off the engine, or there is more to that?

Vios will give you better resale value plus it has a tested engine, easy to maintain and parts are available everywhere.
    how about the hyundai diesel parts sir?

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    If it's your first car, get the Vios and call it a day. Diesel isn't for first time buyers with all the maintenance needed in the med to long term.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    My vote goes to accent diesel.
    Since you are going to cover quite a lot of kms per day, your fuel savings would still be higher than the difference in the cars' purchasing price. (I assume that accent diesel is more expensive than vios by 50k - 150k pesos)
    But please make sure to include PMS costs in your computation. (I think accent diesel should be serviced every 5k kms)
    Just my 2 cents sir.

And, is there a properly maintained car that breaks down in 5 years?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Go for the Accent. Your gas savings would be enormous, what with the price difference between gas and diesel being at around P12/L. I wouldn't worry about parts. There are many Accent cabs nowadays, both old and new models. Parts and mechanic familiarity should not be a problem. We have maintained many diesels over the years and so have many of our relatives. Just follow proper maintenance schedule and you should be fine. Also, if it is a turbocharged vehicle, after hard driving (constant spooling of the turbo) always idle for a few minutes before shutdown, or just drive sedately for the last few minutes of your journey. If you travel long distances in high speed a lot, you may want to invest in a turbo timer.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    If it's your first car, get the Vios and call it a day. Diesel isn't for first time buyers with all the maintenance needed in the med to long term.
    Hmmm...

Gas vs Diesel...

Since you're travelling at NLEX, I would normally vote for the bigger engine... But the other "bigger engine" option is a diesel...

Personally, I hate how Korean cars do not age well... But that's just me comparing the looks of the cars.
    Eto na naman gas vs diesel tsaka korean thinking. Did you ever own a diesel engine and korean car?

High mileage ka, obviously makakatipid ka sa diesel. Di naman malayo price ng accent diesel sa vios

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accent diesel.
    pros:
    - more kilometers per liter plus diesel is cheaper.
    - pocket rocket, di ka maiiwanan.
    cons:
    - more maintenance, uses more oil and has to be crdi rated oil
    - lower resale (because toyota fanboys hate korean)

vios gas
    pros:
    - the badge (this does not mean anything anymore to most of us who have owned other brands. sa mga fan boys na lang ito may hatak)
    - looks better
    - less maintenance expense
    cons:
    - gasoline is more expensive, less km per liter

vios, tapos antayin mo tumaas ulit price ng gasoline to P56/liter para magsisi ka hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Eto na naman gas vs diesel tsaka korean thinking. Did you ever own a diesel engine and korean car?

High mileage ka, obviously makakatipid ka sa diesel. Di naman malayo price ng accent diesel sa vios

Yes, I've owned lots of diesel fed vehicles...

My initial concern, since kevinXYX mentioned it's his first time, is the Accent's turbo + PMS will be more frequent since the engine is diesel...

Compared to the Vios which uses the old NZ Engine (I believe it should be the same with the 1st Gen Vios) which is tried and tested... No turbo and parts availability will never be an issue.

Although there are many Accents on the street, kevinXYX may not be from Manila and who knows how far his place is from a Hyundai dealership...

This was a long time ago... We once owned a Ford which broke down in Vigan... Parts were found in Pangasinan!

Now for the looks, it's only my personal opinion... Although not related to the thread... Look at the Previous gen Tucson, Picanto and Accent... Yes, the previous (2nd gen) Vios doesn't look good, but the 1st gen Vios still looks ok in our streets...

Another example is the 2nd Gen Elantra vs 8th Gen Corolla (E110)... Released on the same years but the 8th Gen Corolla still looks good today.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for replying guys, ang hirap mamili between the two sabi ng friends ko maganda daw talaga vios then some say different malakas daw sa gas or average lang fc nya, underpowered etc etc, tempting yung accent i've read somewhere it can hit 30km/l sa highway since nlex lagi daan ko, tapos malakas ang hatak and it's a 1.6 vs vios 1.3. i dont know, it's my first car probably 2 passenger lang me and my mom sometimes my girlfriend. I will probably keep the car for 5 years, About sa parts for vios some say wala masayado magiging problema sa parts later on dahil abundant naman ang supply for accent i dont know yet siguro meron naman at hindi mahirap hanapan? About naman sa pms ng accent pede ko naman siguro matutunan yung pagmamaintain nya?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast