New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinXYX View Post
    About naman sa pms ng accent pede ko naman siguro matutunan yung pagmamaintain nya?
    Yes, regular change oil/filter change is easy but you will loose your warranty...

I highly recommend that you bring your car to the service center while your car is under warranty...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Wait for the updated Vios with CVT.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Wait for the updated Vios with CVT.
    anong mababago sir sa 1.3 and 1.5 models?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Yes, I've owned lots of diesel fed vehicles...

My initial concern, since kevinXYX mentioned it's his first time, is the Accent's turbo + PMS will be more frequent since the engine is diesel...

Compared to the Vios which uses the old NZ Engine (I believe it should be the same with the 1st Gen Vios) which is tried and tested... No turbo and parts availability will never be an issue.

Although there are many Accents on the street, kevinXYX may not be from Manila and who knows how far his place is from a Hyundai dealership...

This was a long time ago... We once owned a Ford which broke down in Vigan... Parts were found in Pangasinan!

Now for the looks, it's only my personal opinion... Although not related to the thread... Look at the Previous gen Tucson, Picanto and Accent... Yes, the previous (2nd gen) Vios doesn't look good, but the 1st gen Vios still looks ok in our streets...

Another example is the 2nd Gen Elantra vs 8th Gen Corolla (E110)... Released on the same years but the 8th Gen Corolla still looks good today.
    Di naman basta basta bibigay na lang ang turbo ng diesel. Bibigay lang yan pag abusive driver ka. About maintenance. Basta fully synthetic ka, 1 year or 10k km na yan. With change filter in between. Yes it consumes more oil. Pero ilang litro lang naman. Di naman x2. Magkano lang per liter ng oil

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Di naman basta basta bibigay na lang ang turbo ng diesel. Bibigay lang yan pag abusive driver ka. About maintenance. Basta fully synthetic ka, 1 year or 10k km na yan. With change filter in between. Yes it consumes more oil. Pero ilang litro lang naman. Di naman x2. Magkano lang per liter ng oil

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I agree...

But as I said, I'm considering the fact that kevinXYX is a "first time car owner"

Plus the fact that it seems like he's not from Manila.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinXYX View Post
    Thanks for replying guys, ang hirap mamili between the two sabi ng friends ko maganda daw talaga vios then some say different malakas daw sa gas or average lang fc nya, underpowered etc etc, tempting yung accent i've read somewhere it can hit 30km/l sa highway since nlex lagi daan ko, tapos malakas ang hatak and it's a 1.6 vs vios 1.3. i dont know, it's my first car probably 2 passenger lang me and my mom sometimes my girlfriend. I will probably keep the car for 5 years, About sa parts for vios some say wala masayado magiging problema sa parts later on dahil abundant naman ang supply for accent i dont know yet siguro meron naman at hindi mahirap hanapan? About naman sa pms ng accent pede ko naman siguro matutunan yung pagmamaintain nya?
    From what you have said, I assume that budget/operating cost is a major concern.
    Maybe this can help you estimate and compare the expenses for each car. (Just fill-in with the correct values.)

5 years = 200,000kms

Accent
    SRP: ???
    PMS: 40 pms sessions (XXX liters of mineral/semi-synthetic oil per session)
    FUEL: 13,333 liters of diesel (assuming 15km/liter)

Vios
    PMS: 20 pms sessions (XXX liters of fully synthetic oil per session)
    FUEL: 16,666 liters of gasoline (assuming 12km/liter)

I think other parts/fluids/labor costs are almost the same.
    Parts availability? I am not that concerned about it. Maybe after 8-10 years.

Test drive both vehicles. (most important)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    From what you have said, I assume that budget/operating cost is a major concern.
    Maybe this can help you estimate and compare the expenses for each car. (Just fill-in with the correct values.)

5 years = 200,000kms

Accent
    PMS: 40 pms sessions (XXX liters of mineral/semi-synthetic oil per session)
    FUEL: 13,333 liters of diesel (assuming 15km/liter)

Vios
    PMS: 20 pms sessions (XXX liters of fully synthetic oil per session)
    FUEL: 16,666 liters of gasoline (assuming 12km/liter)

I think other parts/fluids/labor costs are almost the same.
    Parts availability? I am not that concerned about it. Maybe after 8-10 years.

Test drive both vehicles. (most important)
    if change oil lang

how much aabutin sa vios sir? how about sa accent?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I own a 2014 Accent CRDI hatchback & have logged in almost 88k kms (more than 4 years worth of driving for normal people). Like you, I travel mostly expressways from Bacoor to Carmona, Lipa, Trece Martires on weekdays, with the occasional trip to QC or Makati. On weekends, it's mostly short trips around Alabang & ocassionally QC. I log around 700 kms more or less weekly & fill up once a week. The car still feels like new, wala pang kalampag, doors still shuts with a thud. Actually, I am impressed with the build quality & have not regretted buying the car, inspite of the warnings I got from some friends. I don't really care about the resale value, since I bought the car to drive it. The car is so zippy & easy to maneuver around traffic. In the expressway, I normally have to keep an eye on the speedo since you'd hardly feel the car cruising at 100 already at 1,900 rpm. The car is stable at those speeds. It is really fun to drive.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Get the Accent! Sa totoo lang masaya din naman ako sa Vios ko. But Toyota did a failure on keeping it fuel efficient.
    Only T boys claims na matipid ang Gen3.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    And to Add
    Gen3 Vios is somehow not a Toyota Quality. Got 2 warranty claims within2 years sa Lower Arm Assembly at ECU replacement dahil sa blinking ang light ng alarm kahit naandar.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast