New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    To the TS, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a car to take you from point A to point B without any fanfare, it's the Vios for you. If you are fond of driving (with economy to boot), my vote goes to the Accent CRDI. FYI, to give you a more easily understandable way of imagining the fuel efficiency of the engine, I went to Baguio a couple of summers ago (from my house in Bacoor, Cavite) & the only time the fuel gauge moved 1 bar from full was when I was going up Kennon road. Try to get a Vios to match that.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    To the TS, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a car to take you from point A to point B without any fanfare, it's the Vios for you. If you are fond of driving (with economy to boot), my vote goes to the Accent CRDI. FYI, to give you a more easily understandable way of imagining the fuel efficiency of the engine, I went to Baguio a couple of summers ago (from my house in Bacoor, Cavite) & the only time the fuel gauge moved 1 bar from full was when I was going up Kennon road. Try to get a Vios to match that.
    I'll push with the Accent even i own a Vios. Highway runs are better off with diesels

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me a diesel's best selling point is the torque. Iba talaga ang hatak lalo na uphill. Where a gasoline car would need 2 or 3 downshifts a diesel just climbs without even one hiccup. I've had several gasoline cars before (mazda 323, nissan sentra, toyota supra, mitsu lancer) but when i got my first diesel crdi (hyundai starex grx) i never looked back. And they are as fast, if not faster, than equivalent or even bigger displacement gasoline cars.

plus na lang yung fuel economy. Bonus yung lower cost ng diesel.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    thanks sa mga inputs sir, im decided to get the accent diesel how can i properly maintain it? aside from change oil, oil filter, warm up sa turbo bago patakbuhin/wag and wag muna patayin agad yung makina, what else should i worry about?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Read the owner's manual before you drive it, especially the section on proper breaking in procedure. Avoid excessive idling, EGR cleaning every 40-50k kms, ci-4 to cj-4 rated diesel oil, if possible, use fully synthetic oil.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Read the owner's manual before you drive it, especially the section on proper breaking in procedure. Avoid excessive idling, EGR cleaning every 40-50k kms, ci-4 to cj-4 rated diesel oil, if possible, use fully synthetic oil.
    bro alam ko pareho sa gas and diesel masama idling, pero bakit mas masama sa diesel? thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    if brand new, any. second hand, vios

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro alam ko pareho sa gas and diesel masama idling, pero bakit mas masama sa diesel? thanks!

More carbon deposits due to our diesel quality. Yes, even if fuel companies already have Euro 4 diesel here, it's still not up to par with more advanced countries.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    More carbon deposits due to our diesel quality. Yes, even if fuel companies already have Euro 4 diesel here, it's still not up to par with more advanced countries.
    The gasoline is still questionable, also, for some high-pressure direct injection gas engines... that's why Hyundai took five years to bring in the Veloster.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    diesel na ako sabi mo nga lagi NLEX byahe mo.mas maganda sa long distance diesel engine.at sulit kapa sa kunsumo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast