New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    We personally don't like the look of the Xpander so we crossed that off the list.

As mentioned before, it would just be me and my mom that would be riding it for the majority of the time. A 5-seater would be enough but my mom thinks the extra seat may be needed in times when we go out with our other relatives as well as friends. Personally I would be fine with 5-seater crossovers like the Mazda CX-5 or the Subaru Forester but my mom wants a diesel-fed PPV.

Another car we're looking into is the Honda CR-V 1.6 S since it combines 7 seats and a diesel engine with a better ride quality than PPVs. How does it fare compared to both the Montero GT 4x2 and the Fortuner Q?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In terms of ride and interior space, the CRV diesel will be better than the Montero and Fortuner. Handling will also be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In terms of ride and interior space, the CRV diesel will be better than the Montero and Fortuner. Handling will also be better.

Sa 2nd row agree ako pero not sure if sa 3rd row lamang pa din si crv?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Would you say it's better to get the CR-V?

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    Another car we're looking into is the Honda CR-V 1.6 S since it combines 7 seats and a diesel engine with a better ride quality than PPVs. How does it fare compared to both the Montero GT 4x2 and the Fortuner Q?
    1.6 S now has Honda Sensing, great value if you're into active safety like adaptive cruise, AEB, lane-keep assist.

With nagging issues like the forever engine support failure and steering gearbox replacement, best to see if it's worth the risk. Join the cr-v groups online and do research.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Boto din ako sa CR-V diesel over sa PPV. Okay lang masikip 3rd row kung pang emergency use lang.

Double check lang iyong nabanggit sa engine support at steering kung naayos na sa cuŕrent facelift. Plus, test drive/ride.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    We personally don't like the look of the Xpander so we crossed that off the list.

As mentioned before, it would just be me and my mom that would be riding it for the majority of the time. A 5-seater would be enough but my mom thinks the extra seat may be needed in times when we go out with our other relatives as well as friends. Personally I would be fine with 5-seater crossovers like the Mazda CX-5 or the Subaru Forester but my mom wants a diesel-fed PPV.

If 2 lang kayo ng mom mo sasakay, definitely the best choice is CRV especially riding comfort and ease to drive/maneuver also.

Pero kung gusto nyo ng matagtag and magdrive ng pickup-like vehicle, then montero/fortuner.[emoji51] malayo ang crv sa PPVs

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Yeah I've heard about those issues on the engine support. I'm still researching if it's worth the risk.

And yeah we do plan to test drive. It just sucks that the pandemic still limits travelling. Only Toyota has a dealership in Mindoro so we may have no choice but to get the Fortuner if the lockdowns continue. My mom was planning on getting the vehicle delivered to us instead so we won't need to travel to get it but I've advised against it since we still need to see if the vehicle is as good in person as it is on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    If 2 lang kayo ng mom mo sasakay, definitely the best choice is CRV especially riding comfort and ease to drive/maneuver also.

Pero kung gusto nyo ng matagtag and magdrive ng pickup-like vehicle, then montero/fortuner.[emoji51] malayo ang crv sa PPVs

The inferior ride quality is really the main disadvantage we can think of if we get a PPV. That's why we're still heavily considering the CRV

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So my mom finally decides that she wants to buy a car for our family of two. This will be the first car she'll own. The budget is around 1.3M-1.4M through bank load (around 700k downpayment). What would be a good choice?

Here's things to consider:
    -She doesn't like sedans because she says it's too low and/or small.
    -We live in the province so there's no heavy traffic.
    -Something easy to manage would be better since neither my mon or me know that much about cars
    -7-seaters is not that important since there's only two of us in our household

Currently she's eyeing the Ford Territory Titanium. Is that a good choice and what would be a better alternative? Also, what do you guys think about buying 2nd-hand cars at the same price point to get a better, albeit slightly used, vehicle?

Thanks
    get one with a dealer near your area, for less complicated maintenance.
    we probably know by now, how covid can make our trips, difficult.
    get a camry. that should be big enough, and easy to get in and out of. and i bet the ride and drive are very smooth.
    unless you do frequent off-roading on the road and need a taller vehicle...

it gets to be more and more difficult, getting in and out of a car, as the years advance on mom.
    my spouse is vertically challenged. she does not complain, but i can see her "discomfort" at getting in and out of the innova.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 24th, 2021 at 12:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Yeah I've heard about those issues on the engine support. I'm still researching if it's worth the risk.

And yeah we do plan to test drive. It just sucks that the pandemic still limits travelling. Only Toyota has a dealership in Mindoro so we may have no choice but to get the Fortuner if the lockdowns continue. My mom was planning on getting the vehicle delivered to us instead so we won't need to travel to get it but I've advised against it since we still need to see if the vehicle is as good in person as it is on paper.

The inferior ride quality is really the main disadvantage we can think of if we get a PPV. That's why we're still heavily considering the CRV
    Mindoro pala kayo nakatira and toyota lang pala meron dyan. That’s definitely a huge plus especially if need ng warranty claims or emergency problems.

Also, better ang PPV if maraming offroad kayong nadadaanan.

If mag-Roro kayo, dont forget to get additional underchassis rustproofing

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast