New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    ...or Innova. Senior friendly version ng Fortuner. This February daw launch ng new face.

Plus much cheaper cost for 1 set of 5 tires every five years.
    +100000000000[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    The CR-V 1.6 S Diesel is out of the budget so we can only choose between the S gas or the V diesel if we go the CR-V route. We did also consider the CX-5 but we can only afford the FWD Pro and that has the i-Stop feature that has expensive batteries right? And the space is a bit off-putting but we can live with that's since it's just the two of us in our household. I'm just not sure if the base CX-5 is good for it's price.

We're also looking into the Innova as it's practical and but the design is a bit too plain. As for the Hilux, we have no plans to get a pick-up as the bed won't be use much if at all. The Geely Okavango is unproven yet so we're still hesitant on getting our first car from a Chinese brand.

Right now it looks like the Montero is a really good choice. It being a smaller PPV is a plus since it won't be as hard to maneuver as other PPVs

Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Did you check out the Hyundai Kona? My sister who's also a first time driver/owner liked the size and extra ground clearance. May 205K discount din so it's under 1M na, it's also fairly equipped naman with ESC and 6 airbags. She recently passed the PLE kaso di pa masyado sanay mag drive, pang duty daw niya hehe kaya saka na lang yung bigger cars. ��
    The Kona is too small for us and we also plan on buying a long-term vehicle so a bigger one would be better.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ^ Ayos iyan na choice. Para sure mag test drive/ride.

1. Montero
    2. Fortuner
    3. Innova

Okay mga iyan sa isolated island province.

Consider din ang tire replacement cost. Mandated na ng LTO mag palit tires every 5 years.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    The CR-V 1.6 S Diesel is out of the budget so we can only choose between the S gas or the V diesel if we go the CR-V route. We did also consider the CX-5 but we can only afford the FWD Pro and that has the i-Stop feature that has expensive batteries right? And the space is a bit off-putting but we can live with that's since it's just the two of us in our household. I'm just not sure if the base CX-5 is good for it's price.

We're also looking into the Innova as it's practical and but the design is a bit too plain. As for the Hilux, we have no plans to get a pick-up as the bed won't be use much if at all. The Geely Okavango is unproven yet so we're still hesitant on getting our first car from a Chinese brand.

Right now it looks like the Montero is a really good choice. It being a smaller PPV is a plus since it won't be as hard to maneuver as other PPVs

The Kona is too small for us and we also plan on buying a long-term vehicle so a bigger one would be better.
    Dont be worried about the CX-5 and Mazda's "special battery". Iit doesnt have to Yuasa brand, just look for EFB /Enhanced Flooded Battery (AC Delco, Panasonic etc) with the more or less equivalent specs with stock (Cold Cranking Amps and Dimensions).

I would still consider the Everest Trend 2.2L though its a bit larger on the outside but it translates to a bigger space inside with roomier and adjustable 2nd Row seats. The CR-V actually has a better 2nd row than all of the 7seater PPVs.

Bump up your budget to 1.9M you can get the Fortuner 2.8L Q. 1st tier PPV diesel engine (200hp, maybe as fast as the Ford bi-turbo), Adaptive cruise, Lane Keep Assist, Toyota brand, resale and (perceived) reliability.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014

If you really like the Montero & it checks all the boxes of your requirements then, I’d say go for it. I always have this thing about new cars. I want to wake up in the morning & it’ll be the first thing I look at. That means I’m happy with my purchase.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Fortuner Q or Montero GT 4x2? We're leaning on the Fortuner since it looks like it has better features and there's a dealership in Mindoro so we don't have to travel by sea to service it. We'll have to stretch out the budget a bit but we're fine with that if it means we get a quality vehicle that we won't regret purchasing.

The only thing we see that's a knock on the Fortuner Q compared to the Montero GT 4x2 is the ride quality. Is the difference between the two's ride quality that significant?

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Fortuner Q or Montero GT 4x2? We're leaning on the Fortuner since it looks like it has better features and there's a dealership in Mindoro so we don't have to travel by sea to service it. We'll have to stretch out the budget a bit but we're fine with that if it means we get a quality vehicle that we won't regret purchasing.

The only thing we see that's a knock on the Fortuner Q compared to the Montero GT 4x2 is the ride quality. Is the difference between the two's ride quality that significant?
    Montero is wallowy, not my type since high speed stability is not so encouraging. Fortuner is stiffer but more stable at speed.

If you're set on the Fortuner, you can improve the ride with softer shocks. Sobrang daming options pagdating sa suspension upgrades.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Montero is wallowy, not my type since high speed stability is not so encouraging. Fortuner is stiffer but more stable at speed.

If you're set on the Fortuner, you can improve the ride with softer shocks. Sobrang daming options pagdating sa suspension upgrades.
    We're not set on the Fortuner per se. We're still considering all options. I just think that so far, the Fortuner is the best one to get among the SUVs in that price range. Of course if there are better options, we'd consider those too

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Go for the q 4x2 nalang sir. Mejo stiff lang ang ride pero the 2.8l is already at 200hp and 500nm torque, so it's more powerful than the 2.4l of the ms. Third row seats tho is not flat folding pa. If gusto niyo ng alternative, try checking out the nissan terra. Mejo plain nga lang interior but it has good build quality.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Go for the q 4x2 nalang sir. Mejo stiff lang ang ride pero the 2.8l is already at 200hp and 500nm torque, so it's more powerful than the 2.4l of the ms. Third row seats tho is not flat folding pa. If gusto niyo ng alternative, try checking out the nissan terra. Mejo plain nga lang interior but it has good build quality.
    Thanks. Will take your advice into consideration. I also like the Terra especially the blacked out grille and wheels and they say the ride quality is among the best in class.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast